Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 618, 619, 620 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

What does some big life changes are afoot sound like?
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Happy & Sad:

Oldest daughter driving to Sydney now with a friend to share the driving whose flying back next week).

Happy because she has been given a wonderful opportunity being appointed to the position of State Manager of her women's retail clothing company at just 25.

Sad because she won't be living in Melbourne.

Mixed feelings & pride as she embarks on a new & exciting part of her life.

She has a 1993 Honda Accord (2.2 Litre) auto that I bought her when she turned 18. Then it had done 108,000 km's & was well kept, well maintained with a brilliant Alpine sound system.

Now it has done 230,000 km's & is still well maintained. Last week I put 4 new Pirelli's (P1's) on, new brakes & major service / tune done. The mechanic since then looked at the car on the hoist re oil leaks & only two minor one's & said the car should be fine (she'll be doing a fair bit of driving). Arranged for NRMA (RACV expires tomorrow). Her company is putting her up till she finds a flat to rent - a girlfriend of hers is coming up from Melbourne & they'll be renting together.

My youngest is likely to be shifting out & renting with friends by the end of the year (I think) "Empty nesters"

Mrs WPT has put in her resignation & will be leaving her paid employment in about 3-4 weeks (she's been a nurse for 35 years beginning in general, later psychiatric & community based aged psychiatry) to now concentrate full time on her business in "hoarding". This is a huge step. Makes me very happy.

So lots of running around the house stark naked and swinging from the chandeliers in store WPT Laughing

Am sure the offspring and the better half will knock em dead Cool

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Happy & Sad:

Oldest daughter driving to Sydney now with a friend to share the driving whose flying back next week).

Happy because she has been given a wonderful opportunity being appointed to the position of State Manager of her women's retail clothing company at just 25.

She has a 1993 Honda Accord (2.2 Litre) auto that I bought her when she turned 18. Then it had done 108,000 km's & was well kept, well maintained with a brilliant Alpine sound system.

Now it has done 230,000 km's & is still well maintained. Last week I put 4 new Pirelli's (P1's) on, new brakes & major service / tune done. The mechanic since then looked at the car on the hoist re oil leaks & only two minor one's & said the car should be fine (she'll be doing a fair bit of driving). Arranged for NRMA (RACV expires tomorrow). Her company is putting her up till she finds a flat to rent - a girlfriend of hers is coming up from Melbourne & they'll be renting together.

My youngest is likely to be shifting out & renting with friends by the end of the year (I think) "Empty nesters"

Mrs WPT has put in her resignation & will be leaving her paid employment in about 3-4 weeks (she's been a nurse for 35 years beginning in general, later psychiatric & community based aged psychiatry) to now concentrate full time on her business in "hoarding". This is a huge step. Makes me very happy.

Good stuff mate. I can relate. I spent Saturday working as unpaid removalist and truckdriver moving the daughter and her BF into their new rental house they just got.

Did some miles in the truck. Picked it up from Cambellfield, drove backl to Watsonia and loaded the daughters bed and other big stuff, then to Heidelberg to get stuff from storage, then to her place in Mill Park, then the BF's trailer he borrowed had the wrong connection so over to Coburg to load his stuff, back to Mill Park via Sth Morang and finally unloaded and I was futterly ucked. Started at 8:30 and the daughter dropped me home at 5:30.

I'll see her most Sundays when she comes over for dinner and once the boy gets his licence back he'll be doing the same. Little family routine.

So now I'm home alone. Sort of sad to see her go but happy for her and I know I'll still get to see her and my son reasonably often. It's good if they leave and you don't have to bribe or beg them to come back and visit.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:24 pm

The Prototype wrote:
Wednesday I had someone contact me about using my photos for the Southern Football League, I ended up with them picking of my photos I had no idea why they were being used. Come today I went to the SFL Grand Final and I found the my photos were used on the front cover of the 2015 SFL Grand Final Record.

Guy that works at The Mercury thought they were great shots as well. Seemed a lot of people at the game liked the record photo, some believed they were the best photos this season.

I'm pretty happy with that, also the fact the Pies won all three Premierships today helped.

Awesome, well done

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:46 am

David wrote:
Congrats WPT. Sounds like some big life changes are afoot. All the best to your daughters and hope you and your partner enjoy a well-earned break. Smile

Cheers David, big changes indeed. Not a rest though, we're still putting in the hours & now getting the garden going again veges & trees being planted, likely to get some chooks again & I'm leaning towards the idea of the notion of bee keeping as in one hive.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:50 am

Morrigu wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Happy & Sad:

So lots of running around the house stark naked and swinging from the chandeliers in store WPT Laughing

Am sure the offspring and the better half will knock em dead Cool

Cheers M. Laughing

I tried swinging from the chandeliers, with the weight I've put on the they broke & had to get the ceiling re-plastered & the place re-wired!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Happy & Sad:

Good stuff mate. I can relate. I spent Saturday working as unpaid removalist and truckdriver moving the daughter and her BF into their new rental house they just got.

Did some miles in the truck. Picked it up from Cambellfield, drove backl to Watsonia and loaded the daughters bed and other big stuff, then to Heidelberg to get stuff from storage, then to her place in Mill Park, then the BF's trailer he borrowed had the wrong connection so over to Coburg to load his stuff, back to Mill Park via Sth Morang and finally unloaded and I was futterly ucked. Started at 8:30 and the daughter dropped me home at 5:30.

I'll see her most Sundays when she comes over for dinner and once the boy gets his licence back he'll be doing the same. Little family routine.

So now I'm home alone. Sort of sad to see her go but happy for her and I know I'll still get to see her and my son reasonably often. It's good if they leave and you don't have to bribe or beg them to come back and visit.

So far we have good relationships with both daughters - means I'll likely go to Sydney to watch the two AFL games there next year if we're playing there then!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:51 am

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:
Congrats WPT. Sounds like some big life changes are afoot. All the best to your daughters and hope you and your partner enjoy a well-earned break. Smile

Cheers David, big changes indeed. Not a rest though, we're still putting in the hours & now getting the garden going again veges & trees being planted, likely to get some chooks again & I'm leaning towards the idea of the notion of bee keeping as in one hive.

that sounds cool, good luck and well done to you all

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:23 am

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

that sounds cool, good luck and well done to you all

Cheers TP. Mrs WPT has 4 weeks left of work at 3 days a week - she gave 4 weeks notice. Then they're having about 2 weeks off then concentrate on the business full time.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:23 pm

watt price tully wrote:
David wrote:

Bugger your bees, I'm allergic to them. One sting and I'm off to the ED pronto.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:19 pm

Daughter called over tonight to drop off some bags I left behind the other day . Vented for a good 30 minutes which was good. We're extremely similar in a lot of ways which is both good and bad.

I look back on things that happened several years ago that made a mess of me at the time, and i look at the relationship I have with my kids now, and I know I wouldn't be in this spot if those things hadn't happened, as hard as they were to deal with.

It would be interesting to be able to go back and view how things would have been different but I'm more than comfortable with my life as it is now. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, if you learn from it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:20 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Daughter called over tonight to drop off some bags I left behind the other day . Vented for a good 30 minutes which was good. We're extremely similar in a lot of ways which is both good and bad.

I look back on things that happened several years ago that made a mess of me at the time, and i look at the relationship I have with my kids now, and I know I wouldn't be in this spot if those things hadn't happened, as hard as they were to deal with.

It would be interesting to be able to go back and view how things would have been different but I'm more than comfortable with my life as it is now. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, if you learn from it.

Cheers, and you are so right xxx

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:39 pm

finally ready to sell!
to give you an idea of the tenant damage:
this was the lounge with the first tenant, who unfortunately moved interstate after 6 months (we had lived there for 20 years, and the carpet in this area was spotless, they kept it that way too):

then the scumbag tenant (she had 4 kids & must have let them pee on the floor, the smell was overwhelming)

after (stylist did the decorating!!):

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:09 pm

Looking good. Who'd you use for the stylist/furnishings?

I worked for a few months in 2007 for a mob called "temporarily yours" based around Richmond who put temporary furniture into places and styled them up for sale.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:16 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Looking good. Who'd you use for the stylist/furnishings?

I worked for a few months in 2007 for a mob called "temporarily yours" based around Richmond who put temporary furniture into places and styled them up for sale.

thanks, ill find the card and let you know! wasnt that one, but gees its worth it! it took me hours to pick those fricken curtains, and dont get me started on light fittings! (why i have 58 down lights in this house!!)
im about to list my front room furniture on ebay! i want this set up/ colour scheme in there now!!

they did such a cool job!!
made the small bedroom look huge, they are very clever!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 618, 619, 620 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 619 of 866   

Jump to: