Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

CarringbushCigar wrote:

Tell Bucks most premiership players like a drink and they need looking after.

Pretty sure Bucks knows that.

If Adams continues to train well, and avoid any more of this nonsense, I'm also pretty sure it won't stop him from starting in round 1.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:49 pm
Post subject: Taylor Adams ready to run after breathtaking pre-seasonReply with quote

Really Nice Article from Rohan Connelly

Quote:
So much so in Adams' case that the 21-year-old was seriously considered for a spot in Collingwood's leadership group this season despite having played only 12 games with the club. And despite an incident last January still the source of some embarrassment for him.

Out with his sister and friends at a Geelong nightclub, Adams was arrested and fined by police for being drunk in a public place. As off-field incidents go, it was on the lower end of the scale, but still enough to attract the sort of attention he didn't need.

"I really regret it," he says. "It just puts a sour note next to your name and it's something you don't want to have hanging over your head going into a new year. I was pretty disappointed in myself, and it was a really hard couple of weeks after that.

"But I think the thing that got me through was that I'd earned enough respect from the playing group and coaches throughout the pre-season that we were able to put it behind us and move on pretty quickly

Hopefully he Learns not to put himself in the same Situation again

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-magpies-taylor-adams-ready-to-run-after-breathtaking-preseason-20150320-1m2zqq.html

skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Although Connelly is a Bummers man, I like his journalism. Definitely has a soft spot for the Pies.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:05 am

I like the boy but getting a little weary of all the talking up. Didn't he also have a great pre season last year? Hopefully, this will be a breakthrough year for him.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:24 am

Bit late in the year for a 'training the house down' article....

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

Adams is just about my favourite player. There's a bit of Tuddy about this kid. As his confidence grows, he'll become much more assured with his kicking and we'll be thrilled when he becomes captain in 4 years time.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:33 pm
Post subject: AdamsReply with quote

We have had threads extolling Sidebottom and Langdon and Tooves and Crisp after our good away win against the Brions, but we missed one crucial player out: Taylor Adams.

This kid has arrived. He is now a serious player. He struggled to make the senior side last year, but he will play 22 games this year if he remains uninjured, and soon be recognised as the engine room of our midfield. Hell, he already is. With Ball retired, Beams gone, Greenwood out for weeks, JT apparently gone for good, and now Sidebottom out as well, we are down to the two giants Pendlebury and Swan, plus a cast of midgets. Oh, and plus Taylor Adams.

Adams played a fantastic close-in game, and he was as hard at it in the last quarter as he was in the first. He pretty much shut down D. Beams, and got a ton of close-in hard ball for himself. He ran all day, flew for marks, made the odd clanger but just carried right on burrowing for the in-pack pill and feeding it out to the lads on the outside.

I rated him best on ground, as did a few others. It was a very even performance by our best eight or ten on the day, with a wide spread of five-vote candidates - you couldn't really argue with anyone on their votes, it was that sort of day - but I reckon every one of us had Tay up there with the best of 'em.

V the Brions, we saw a return to the classic Collingwood contested football game, the same sort of game that this club has played for decades: win the ball close in, clear the packs, win the one-on-ones, and get the damn pill forward somehow, anyhow. If you do that often enough for long enough, you'll win most games. Hell, that's how we won the 1990 premiership, and it's always been our best game. Add the fancy stuff, sure. Find some pin-point kicking genius to spot the forwards up, bring in some pacy wingmen to burn up the MCG turf, unearth a high-marking forward to boot a few, stack the defence with dour, courageous shut-down merchants like Brown or Tooves or Gafer or Presti - you need to do all those things to win a flag - but the Collingwood engine room is and always has been players who can win the inside ball. And in Taylor Adams, we've got a beauty.

Now we need to find three or four other youngsters to help him out. Swan and Pendles can't carry the ship forever. I have my eye on Broomhead and Kennedy; maybe Freeman is a chance, de Goey should be one in time.

Well played Taylor Adams. A great effort, and I reckon you just might do the same thing next week. And every week. Go you good thing.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Top post there Tannin. I've been rapt in this kid since he arrived at the Pies and it seems he's finally got his mojo. With he, De Goey, Freeman, Kennedy and Broomhead, our future midfield stocks are shaping up well.

Given our now depleted midfield stocks, I'd like to see Crisp become our big bodied smash and crash midfielder, however I agree that De Goey is a great fit for that role too.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Crisp. Yes, good point.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:04 pm

Agree Tannin have liked the kid from the beginning, like Luke before him he knows no fear and has the heart of a lion.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Was huge on the weekend. If he keeps going and keeps the turnovers under control, he'll be a beauty.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Yep - Big Games coming up with Adams being 1 of our Major Midfielders.

Hope he can keep his great Form Up

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Err....umm......tap, tap......yes, it appears I am in Nick's. Hang on, I'll double check. Yep, here I am in Nick's reading a glowing report about Taylor Adams.
Well, it's about bloody time. Well said Tannin; hoping a few of the Adams Lynch Mob read this wonderful "Ode to No.13." Goota dash. Time for a cold shower.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Great post Tannin, you only get on average about 5 posts per year that are utterly correct, that's definitely one of them. Wink

He ain't no flashy outside player, he's an in and under fkn machine, the kind we should be feting more often.
Welcome Tay.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Imagine the day Adams is in a team that includes names like Sharenberg ,Freeman,Moore De Goey ,Broomhead ,Seedsman ,Gault ,Grundy ,Witts and others
Know i have to wait to see it but i expect it will be well worth waiting for

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 63 of 123   

Jump to: