Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 620, 621, 622 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
We actually have a steam cleaner, so I was thinking of giving that a run.

This wasn't even our fault - a friend brought her 2-year-old son over and let him run around naked for a while after his bath. I thought it was a recipe for disaster but felt bad saying anything. Can't say I was surprised, though; he used to pee in the house all the time when we used to live with her (we had floorboards then). Next time I think we're going to follow a 'nappies on at all times indoors' policy. Mad

This really shouldn't be in the "what made you happy today" thread.

LOL - you'll have to keep some at the front door like those cheap white hotel slippers. Just tell her you had to introduce the policy for your incontinent grandmother Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:42 pm

David wrote:
We actually have a steam cleaner, so I was thinking of giving that a run.

This wasn't even our fault - a friend brought her 2-year-old son over and let him run around naked for a while after his bath. I thought it was a recipe for disaster but felt bad saying anything. .....

Did you give the kid a slap?

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Haha of course not! His mum told him off but it's obviously not his fault if he hasn't been toilet trained.

Thanks for the advice, Jo. And I agree, Stui. Smile

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:29 am

Those ex- tenant's of yours sound like real pigs, Jo!
How hard is it to put a nappy on your kids and clean the place when they leave?
It used to be you carried your good name around like it was worth something! Rolling Eyes
~~~
Went to a charity clearing sale last fridae and picked up an almost new hand-made Bate's dressage saddle.
The auctioneer missed it, the crowd moved.
I called the auctioneer back I was left bidding against no-one!
I had no idea what it was worth but I got it for the princely sum of $20 (and a crow bar).
I took it home I looked on line and found they are around $2,000 new!
This 1 is brand new with barely a scuff or a scrape, nothing some dubin a cloth won't fix.
I went to my local supermarket this a.m and told the owner what I had.
Her kids were on the Olympic dressage team and stihl ride.
She's keen to have a look tomorrow and maybe make an offer.
I'll take it to a saddler's in Ballarat tomorrow and see what they say.
Either way I reckon I snagged a real bargain.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:36 am

Oh my, you sure did!

When I was riding I could only afford a second hand bates, they are just fantastic, so comfy, and that one looks awesome, nice big seat on it, like an armchair ride I'm guessing! Well done!

Yeah they were pigs, add to the carpet and wall mess, there was a hole punched in the wall, (fist shaped!) and 5 broken windows! Not to mentioned the totalled kitchen! But it looks amazing now, the insurance money we got meant we are only out of pockpekt a couple of thousands, and, well, a lot of days work! Heaps, too many! But hey it's done, first open house tonight, so fingers crossed. I'd love a decent offer before auction, not real keen on suspense!

I'm happy too, nice drive to Ballarat yesterday, beautiful weather, had the top down on my baby, who just cruised it beautifully. And now, oh, yes, finally, I have all, yes, all, of my emails back! And a few other glitches fixed too! Lunch with a not so grumpy bloke was good too! Cheers Tannin, good job, thanks mate xxx

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:51 pm

Just saw a black backed Magpie in the back yard. Very Happy

Don't see many of them, this bloke I thought was a crow at first til I spotted some white spots on the tail feathers and wings, then he took flight and he was white around the arse and the white feathers in the wings were on display. Standing still looking from the back with wings folded he was all black except the very tips of a couple of tail feathers.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:15 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Don't see many of them, this bloke I thought was a crow at first til I spotted some white spots on the tail feathers and wings, then he took flight and he was white around the arse and the white feathers in the wings were on display. Standing still looking from the back with wings folded he was all black except the very tips of a couple of tail feathers.

Could still be a crow that bleaches its anus.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Hahahha

Stui, wrong kinda bird watching!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:52 am

Only kind I see in the back yard. Crying or Very sad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:57 am

stui magpie wrote:
Only kind I see in the back yard. Crying or Very sad

Awww! Crying or Very sad

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:16 pm

think positive wrote:
Oh my, you sure did!

When I was riding I could only afford a second hand bates, they are just fantastic, so comfy, and that one looks awesome, nice big seat on it, like an armchair ride I'm guessing! Well done!

Yeah they were pigs, add to the carpet and wall mess, there was a hole punched in the wall, (fist shaped!) and 5 broken windows! Not to mentioned the totalled kitchen! But it looks amazing now, the insurance money we got meant we are only out of pockpekt a couple of thousands, and, well, a lot of days work! Heaps, too many! But hey it's done, first open house tonight, so fingers crossed. I'd love a decent offer before auction, not real keen on suspense!

I'm happy too, nice drive to Ballarat yesterday, beautiful weather, had the top down on my baby, who just cruised it beautifully. And now, oh, yes, finally, I have all, yes, all, of my emails back! And a few other glitches fixed too! Lunch with a not so grumpy bloke was good too! Cheers Tannin, good job, thanks mate xxx

WOW you really are tough! Cool
That wind was howling
I spent tuesdae shooting in the main st & preparing the town hall for it's night time burning and the wind nearly scuppered everything!
At one stage the director was proposing the crew turn the wind machines around to stop the smoke, light-screens, cameras and the grit from the explosions landing on Smeaton!
The shooting finished this arvo (it's moving to Werribee next week, I'm hoping for some work and am down as 1 of the (very many) emergencies.
I got a very healthy paycheck for 3 daes work I totally enjoyed.
The saddle I sold todae for $640.
I could have got more but I really need some money in the Oh Lorde won'tch'a buy me a used 4X4? fund so I can visit that not so grumpy tea drinker aja Tannin!
Good luck with house sale, I hope it goes well.

p.s how did you go with that book?

Last edited by 3.14159 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:

You know me, I don't like to argue but are you sure that's a black backed magpie and not a pied currawong or a chough?
The reason I ask is black backs are a dry inland bird and not generally found on the Eastern sea-board.
If a black one did arrive (or was born) the territorial aggression of magpies would have put paid to it before it got this far east was or fledged.
Choughs live in flocks of 12 (or so) and are a bit smaller and a different bill to maggie so if I was putting money on it I'd guess what you saw was a pied currawong blown in from beyond the outskirts of melbourne by that monster wind last Tuesdae!
(I grew up in East Ivanhoe and would occasionally see them down by the river...that was a long time ago, before the urban sprawl took over).
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Mate, it may well have been what you say, I don't know enough about birds.

Just know it was magpie size, jet black all over except for white feathers around the arse, a couple in the wings that were hidden until it opened up and some white on the very tip of the tail feathers.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:37 pm

3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Oh my, you sure did!

WOW you really are tough! Cool
That wind was howling
I spent tuesdae shooting in the main st & preparing the town hall for it's night time burning and the wind nearly scuppered everything!
At one stage the director was proposing the crew turn the wind machines around to stop the smoke, light-screens, cameras and the grit from the explosions landing on Smeaton!
The shooting finished this arvo (it's moving to Werribee next week, I'm hoping for some work and am down as 1 of the (very many) emergencies.
I got a very healthy paycheck for 3 daes work I totally enjoyed.
The saddle I sold todae for $640.
I could have got more but I really need some money in the Oh Lorde won'tch'a buy me a used 4X4? fund so I can visit that not so grumpy tea drinker aja Tannin!
Good luck with house sale, I hope it goes well.

p.s how did you go with that book?

Funny i was thinking about the books the other day! Ext week or two hopefully have time to do something with them! Been to busy the. I forgot about them!

Oh an thanks first open house apparently had record numbers so fingers crossed we get a bidding war!

Good luck with the TV show xx and the car fund!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:42 pm

Went to a kind of swingers party last night. A highly debaucherous but thoroughly wholesome night all round, I'd say. Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 620, 621, 622 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 621 of 866   

Jump to: