Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawthorn! Hahahahahahaha
Suck shit duckwood

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:29 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I was interested in doing Forensic Science in my teens, the local cop talked me out of it.

Well done both of you and your kids.

I'm assuming he sat you down and explained there was a difference between forensic science and leaving forensic evidence on the bushes outside your neighbours bedroom window.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:54 pm

think positive wrote:
Hawthorn! Hahahahahahaha
Suck shit duckwood

I hate Hawthorn but was cheering them on today and abusing the umpires as if it was a Collingwood game!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:57 pm

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I was interested in doing Forensic Science in my teens, the local cop talked me out of it.

Well done both of you and your kids.

I'm assuming he sat you down and explained there was a difference between forensic science and leaving forensic evidence on the bushes outside your neighbours bedroom window.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not quite, I was fascinated at the time with a TV program "Quincy" so since I was good at science and maths, it looked cool. He sat me down and explained how it actually worked and I quickly lost interest.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:06 pm

Had a good day today.

Spent the day celebrating Easter with the relatives.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:46 pm

^

Hope you had fun and enjoyed it.

I picked up a cheap slide saw and bench, looking toward retirement and stuff I can do to keep me occupied.

Going up to Toc on the weekend, meeting a bloke there to see if we can repair the 60 year old combustion stove that works fine as a heater but the oven barely warms plates. Looking forward to (hopefully) doing slow lamb roasts in the wood oven.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:04 am

I bought a shitpile of wool and the same jumper pattern I knitted yonks ago for when we do the one day seachange, spur of the moment!

Collingwood, Collingwood made me happy, and I don’t often feel this way, but an empty house! Just me, the dogs, un fettered sneezes, gym time without brushing my hair, I’m about to have treadmill and SVU time, a shower, check the emails, switch on the dishwasher and washing machine, quick floor swipe, and imma gunna edit the rest of the Anzac Day pics! I got some great shots! The wedding editing is finally finished, 774 pics delivered on USB, printed a few, I have 3 other session galleries to edit from last week, but today, they can wait! Hubby made some weird chicken dish for tonight’s dinner, hell I’ll eat anything I don’t have to cook!

Now you just wait, when I’m getting into my Lycra, my phone is gunna scream “warning warning, it’s your husband, your husband is calling you now, do not pick up or you will be talking to your husband!” Yep that my husband ringtone, and since I’m deaf it’s so loud! Cracks everyone up. Except me!

Cheers, stay happy Stu, give all the miserable buggers something to read!

Last edited by think positive on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:35 pm

Cheers Jo, Life is too short to be miserable. Very Happy
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:06 pm

Interesting this talk of sea change and retirement. Well the missus and myself are a matter of weeks away now from doing it. I seriously can't believe it. We purchased a double brick home on the Ninety Mile Beach. Absolute beachfront, the sound of waves 24/7, hope it doesn't p15s us off too much!

Our house is on the market this week, R/E pics done this morning. After 41 years plumbing, the last 32 self employed, I'm throwing it in. No more BAS, no more collecting revenue for the Government, no more chasing overdue invoices, no more of being chastised by my accountant, no more making appointments with tenants that don't turn up, no more paying plumbing insurance, no more paying Licence fees, no more attending unpaid audits and the list goes on.

We'll be self funded retirees only because I don't qualify for the old age pension for 10 years.

I didn't think it could be done but thanks to rising property prices in town I reckon we've nailed it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:15 pm

Well done you Very Happy Enjoy.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:48 pm

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:
Interesting this talk of sea change and retirement. Well the missus and myself are a matter of weeks away now from doing it. I seriously can't believe it. We purchased a double brick home on the Ninety Mile Beach. Absolute beachfront, the sound of waves 24/7, hope it doesn't p15s us off too much!

Our house is on the market this week, R/E pics done this morning. After 41 years plumbing, the last 32 self employed, I'm throwing it in. No more BAS, no more collecting revenue for the Government, no more chasing overdue invoices, no more of being chastised by my accountant, no more making appointments with tenants that don't turn up, no more paying plumbing insurance, no more paying Licence fees, no more attending unpaid audits and the list goes on.

We'll be self funded retirees only because I don't qualify for the old age pension for 10 years.

I didn't think it could be done but thanks to rising property prices in town I reckon we've nailed it.

Well done you, sounds perfect, enjoy xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:39 pm

I gave mum the Aldi catalog on the weekend, she decided the womens jumpers on sale for $20 each looked nice so I ducked out this morning to go and get her 2.

Then we had an argument about size. Mum is a size 10-12, max. She was convinced she needed a 14 as that was a medium. I tried to explain that a 14 wasn't medium but she had a dummy spit, so I went to Aldi, picked up a size 12, assessed the size and bought her the 2 she wanted in size 12. Still too big for her but she likes them long to keep her back warm and can always roll the sleeves up.

Got home and showed her and said "they're size 12". She started to dirty up then I held it up for her.

"Ohhh, that's plenty big enough"

Probelm solvered boss. Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:00 pm

This morning was the first time I've got under 9 minutes per KM for a morning walk that was all walking and no jogging. Very Happy

Normally just over the 9 minute mark, this morning clocked in at 8:59. 3.82km in 34.22 minutes.

I do at least a 30 minute hard walk 5 days a week, most mornings are 40-45 minutes but if I have to leave early to get to the office, I pull it back.

Very happy with that. Very Happy

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:15 pm

Got up to Tocumwal this morning, had the bloke around to check out the old wood stove.

He couldn't see any reason why the oven didn't heat up but explained to me how the heat circulates, pulled a little cover off down the bottom and suggested I try to clean in there as if it fills up with soot it impedes air circulation and described the kind of tool I'd need.

I thanked him and asked what I owed him, he said nothing but I gave him $50 anyway for the advice. Best $50 I ever spent. Went to the shed, found a 45cm piece of steel 20mm wid3 and 2mm thick and using a hammer bent the end into an L shaped hook.

Fck me, I scraped about 4 litres of soot out of there Shocked

Lit the fire 2 hours ago, she's punching out some heat Very Happy

Don't reckon I'll be doing a roast pork with crackling in there but a slow roast leg of lamb is looking good.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:52 pm

I'm just going to keep being happy Razz

Great productive weekend. Both back doors were sticking so I buzzed the top of them with the plane and put some new handles on, mowed the yard and naturestrips, sold some junk to the antique shop for $80, then went to work on the old busted wall mounted evaporative air con.

It was plumbed in so I disconnected that first. Quick trip to the hardware store in Cobram, I have a new side tap.

Ripped the back off, into the trailer . Unscrewed the front plate, cut all the wires, then cut and screwed a piece of plywood over the face to keep cold air out.

Now I can see what I'm working with, the plan is to drop the remains out and replace it with a little refrigerated one. Size is important as i want to do as little cutting of the AC sheet as possible.

Overall, great weekend Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 64 of 104   

Jump to: