Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MC 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:12 pm
Post subject: AdamsReply with quote

Anyone who doubts it should have another look at the replay, and see how many times he was getting his hands dirty at the bottom of the pack. He was an absolute pig dog. Well done Tay.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing people looking at the Adams Trade a lot Different Now
themonk 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:58 pm

I agree with everything that's been said, however the kid still needs to work on his kicking, he could easily become an A grader if his disposal by foot improves.
Johnny1975 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:41 pm

This year for me is about seeing players get a chance to prove themselves, and to see who can cement a place in our best 22. Adams was one I'd hoped would take a step up, and so far he's doing just that. His disposal is suspect, and it is to be hoped that it improves, but his ability to get to contests and his utter mongrel in the packs is magnificent. He wants to be a leader, and just lately he's shown that a few off-field indiscretions won't get in the way of bigger things.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:15 am

A lot of people criticised Adams last year when he was playing in the senior side but I think he was really good then and he'll continue to improve this year.

His kicking deficiency is his most notable weakness but he makes it up with his in-and-under work and his ability to almost 'tag' opponents out of matches. I suspect that with Macaffer having a long-term knee injury that Bucks and the coaching staff are grooming Adams for a back-up tagging role when Macaffer isn't playing but primarily Adams' biggest strength is winning the hard ball.

Adams is as tough as they get and his potential to be an A-grader of the future is enormous! He'll take time to fully development but I think we've got a really good player here even if it meant that we lost a more experienced head in Heath Shaw to GWS in 2013.

That's a great opening post Tannin and I'm glad that Adams' efforts on Saturday night were well-recognised and praised by others here. He certainly deserves it!

yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 am

Luke Ball was not a great kick either - but he had plenty of other attributes that made him a valuable cog in the Collingwood machine that won the flag. Adams is in that category… young gun and a smart trade given Heath is 30 this year and we are building towards a flag…
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:09 pm

yin-YANG wrote:
Luke Ball was not a great kick either - but he had plenty of other attributes that made him a valuable cog in the Collingwood machine that won the flag. Adams is in that category… young gun and a smart trade given Heath is 30 this year and we are building towards a flag…

Ball was a courageous and utterly professional player, but I honestly think Adams is already a better player than Ball was. Adams is as hard and tough as Ball was, but he's faster and a far better accumulator of possessions. Adams regularly gets 30 plus disposals, whereas Ball rarely ever did so.
GlovemanGayfer Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:39 pm

before his battle with o/p Ball was very quick. I don't know if we will ever know how good he could have been. I honestly think that he only ended up with us due to the toll the injury had taken. His football smarts in being able to redefine his game is something few footballers have.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
yin-YANG wrote:

Ball was a courageous and utterly professional player, but I honestly think Adams is already a better player than Ball was. Adams is as hard and tough as Ball was, but he's faster and a far better accumulator of possessions. Adams regularly gets 30 plus disposals, whereas Ball rarely ever did so.

Adams has the Potential of being a Elite Inside Midfielder.

Adams is very similar to Bally

roar 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:09 pm

Ball wasn't a great kick but he didn't turn it over often. And that's Adams' challenge, to minimise turnovers. He does that, he will be very handy as our wrecking ball.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Really excited about what TA offers , it was hard seeing Heater been traded but i think it was a well planned move by the club and well thought out with Bally getting on and the fact we had up and coming half backs to take Heaths place.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 3:33 pm
Post subject: Congrats to Taylor Adams 50th GameReply with quote

Congrats on Adams on his 50th Game and Hopefully Many More in the Black and White

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2015-05-20/adams-reaches-his-half-century

Edit -Whoops missed the Thread down the Bottom - Please Merge mods

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:06 pm

All the best to TAY!!

www.facebook/the hybernators
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Keeps improving week by week, can't ask for more than that from the kid. Well done to get to the 50 games.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:31 pm

jackcass wrote:
Keeps improving week by week, can't ask for more than that from the kid. Well done to get to the 50 games.

Yep only 6 critical errors last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 64 of 123   

Jump to: