Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 12:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

gees you have been a happy bastard! well done for aoll

im miserable as shit! let me see.

um, i lost 2kg without trying, thats all i got!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2022 7:23 pm

I had the grandson for the day, give the girls a break.

Opening wasn't great, he gets out of the car at 10am tired from swimming and tells me he doesn't want to out with me. Sorry mate, you're coming.

Headed to Greensborough, first food. He had 2 slices of fruit toast with butter (knocked back the offer of jam) and a babycino. Noticed lots of people watching and smiling, the kid is a chick magnet. Not sure if they thought I was one of those silly old farts who has a kid in his 50's or what.

Next stop EB Games, picked up a second hand PS4 Lego Marvel heroes game. He has the same at home on X box. Then outside for a smoke while he chatted to two street entertainers then into Toyworld to peruse the Lego inventory. After some deliberation we settled on a Minecraft (WTF?) set. He ordered one of my casseroles for dinner (I was happy to do hotdogs) so down to Coles and a quick shop, finally flower shop for him to pick out some flowers for my daughter and her partner for Mothers Day.

Home by midday, dose of Ritalin which floored him for 3 hours, park time, Lego, missed most of the footy, some drawing, then a bushwalk and scooter ride as the Ritalin wore off and the ants in the pants recovered then some time on the PS4 before the girls arrived.

Bloody great day.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 2:05 pm

noice!!!

i just booked 4 nights at the kingfisher resort on fraser island for July, we will drive the caravan up there the week before, then after just go where ever for another couple of weeks! finally, 2 years after we bought the van, we are actually taking the trip!! cant fricken wait!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 4:00 pm

Nice work .

I'm in retirement planning mode, looking at trading in the Redline for a 4x4 that i can outfit so its a daily driver but also a 1 person camper so i can take a couple of weeks to drive the east coast up to FNQ and just bum around. Enjoy.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 5:45 pm

That’s a great idea

I can highly recommend the Ford ranger, we got ours new about 5 years ago, it’s beautiful to drive. We got a canopy for that back with lockable windows. We also got another for a work vehicle, after having I think 3 utes previously, it’s so much better! We killed the utes with too much weight! I don’t particularly like driving it as the workman back makes vision hard, but aside from that it’s really good to drive too, even with the weight of the tool boxes and tools. Plenty of power.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Yeah, I've been looking at the Ranger ute with the back canopy. Roofrack camper and side annex, fit a solar panel, battery and inverter and I can run a small microwave and electric cooktop out of the back, fridge if necessary but an Esky would do. Fit the bottom of the tray out with those storage compartments.

That's the plan anyway.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 6:07 pm

Sounds good. You’d probably need the 2 door or , I’m not sure what the work one is called it has mini back seat and the doors open the opposite way, but the wheel base is longer. Great for the dogs .The 4 door is very comfy but the back canopy section, even I couldn’t lay down in it.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 6:26 pm

Not planning on sleeping in the back.

examples https://www.bestproducts.com/fitness/equipment/g2581/car-roof-top-tents/

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:07 am

Oh I’ve seen those, quite a few people at the speedway have them, pretty cool.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 10:33 am

Check out the new Mazda. Superb.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:23 pm

i just walked the dogs around the big block, i did the 1klm little block yesterday, this one is 2.7klm. that might seem like whoop de doo, but its 3 weeks today since i got this fricken flu, and today is the fitst day my head is not cloudy, and where as i still feel weak and well, shit, im not scared of passing out when i walk up stairs!

and i finished another jumper, and a scarf i made but didnt finish off a couple of years back when junior wanted me to teach her to knit!!

my eldest and her bf and of course my grandpup, sunny are coming for dinner tonight! so im about to google gluten free lactose free feast, shit i hope you can buy stuff ready made!!! yeah nah i have not developed a love of the kitchen!!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 6:08 pm

Mums car is sold Very Happy

I've been nagging gently for a few years that it was an expensive garden ornament, parked in the front yard gathering grime, she always argued back but finally decided herself to sell it.

2006 Ford Focus with the European steering column, 24,000 on the clock. Barely run in.

He brother bought it and came down this morning from Finley (3 hours) to collect it with a mate. His Son was supposed to come but his missus pulled the "I don't feel well, can you stay home?" Rolling Eyes

So the car is all washed, vacuumed, perfumed and ready to go. Uncle arrives at 10am with his mate after getting lost trying to find my house which is less than 2km from the end of the ring road at Greensborough. Stay for 15 minutes to do the paperwork, don't want food or anything, just to get home. Apparently the plan was to pull over at Kalkallo, have a counter meal and 20 pots then finish driving home. I assume they were joking.

Rather than trying to explain how to get back on the Hume (the new Edgars Rd turnoff is a PITA as it's too close to the Hume exit) I just told them to follow me, I'll lead you onto the Hume and when I turn off at Cooper St Epping, you keep going.

Big Ben this here's the Rubber Duck, we've got ourselves a convoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Ok, so it wasn't quite that cool. I'm driving along the ring road with Old mate behind me and 82 yr old Uncle bringing up the rear, doing 75 in a 100 zone, trying to speed up a bit but backing off when they don't keep up.

So despite the evil glares of people in cars whizzing past me on both sides, I got them there and fanned them off at Cooper St and they were on their way home.

Now I don't have to worry that Mum might decide to take the car down the street when I'm not here and wipe herself or someone else out.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 9:43 pm

Living 2 minutes from my local voting centre.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 12:09 am

This is a partisan comment but an honest opinion. The ALP and Albo winning the election has made me happy. Also I now have a positive outlook.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 8:07 pm

Sitting back with glass of red waiting for Dinner to arrive, get a message from the daughter for Happy Birthday. Go to type a response and all of a sudden it's a disco. 4 devices going off at once, call coming through on messenger. Grabbed the small tablet and answered, it's the Grandson who sings Happy Birthday to me. Made my fkn day. Quick chat then he's off to bed, but loved it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 65 of 104   

Jump to: