Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know what he needs?
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Skids wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I don't consider it a serious enough offence to sack someone (lying to the club is). He fckd up and he is lucky he didn't have a car accident or kill someone. Reality is he won't be the last person done for .05. Under New Vic laws he will have to have an interlock device fitted when he get's his licence back. He cops a bigger penalty than you and I as he is in the spotlight.

Exactly Culprit!

I got done for 0.074 last year, felt fine. $600 and 4 points (1st offence in WA you don't lose it unless over 0.08 ).

Those comments devalue your opinion. You seem almost proud of yourself. If you felt fine it's most likely that due to years of alcohol use you don't feel the effects of the alcohol. That's what makes you so dangerous. You believe that you are OK when you are not. I am glad that you are on the roads in WA and not in Victoria.

The .05 limit has been in place here since the 1960's. The common thread amongst those that I know that have been caught drink driving is that they are of sub average intelligence. If they want to crash into each other then that's fine, but they don't, they crash into the rest of us.

If you think that I am being aggressive or confrontational in my post, then you are correct. That is my intention. As a one year old I was in my parent's car when it was struck by a vehicle being driven by a driver that believed he was sober enough to drive. Our car rolled several times, I went through the windscreen and ended up on the road. My parents had to scramble out of the wreck and search for me in the dark. My father dragged the other driver out of his car by the neck and hair and would have have beaten him senseless had he actually not already been unconscious.

A football team mate was killed by a drunk driver when I was 16. I know several other families that have lost members due to drink drivers.

I have no tolerance at all for drink drivers. If the politicians had any balls they would introduce the same laws that Sweden has in that area , but its more likely that alcohol will be banned and replaced with the synthetic alternative before that happens.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Gee, some over reaction here. Thankfully he didn't hurt anyone.

A few days ago people here are calling him a star and now the same people are calling on him to be sacked.

Reality check please. De Goey is no star, not just yet anyway. He serves penance and then we all move on when the main season starts up.

As a suggested punishment I think he should visit some of the causality wards of our public hospitals and witnesses some of the damage that alcohol causes amongst the community.

Then it might dawn on him the consequence of bad behaviour. Better to learn life's lesson at this early stage of his career rather than at the end of his football career when a lot of ex-footballers fall off the cliff (Justin Murphy being a prime example).

Finally Jordan De Goey can talk as much as he likes about repaying the faith that the Collingwood FC that have put into him. It's about time that his words turned into action and he demonstrates to his teammates his potential as a footballer, because so far all he has done is put in a few cameos now and again, which any average footballer can do.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:44 pm

He's an idiot for drawing attention to himself and the club but 5 weeks out from round 1 I'll be happy if that's our only hit for the summer.

Last edited by Piethagoras' Theorem on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:45 pm

makri wrote:
Would be a non event anywhere else in the world.

Do you mean when Faulkner's international career came to an end when he was found drink driving in the U.K.?
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:53 pm

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed.

I'm another one who has to put my hand up for having been caught drink driving in my 20's. I'm not proud of that, it's one of the worst things I've ever been through. The absolute shame you feel, and the horror of realising what could have happened had there been an accident, even if it wasn't my fault, lives with me still.

This is why I struggle to understand why some people get caught more than once, few experiences can ever make you feel so disgusted with yourself.

I learnt my lesson, hopefully Jordan does too.

#SIDEBYSIDE
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm

Welcome to Gold Coast Jordan de Goey.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Oh boy, the haters are out there hating again. In force!!!!

Alan Didak and Dane Swan. lovable lads who get into trouble from time to time. Jordan DeGoey - a criminal who should be traded!

The kid is a young star. Got busted doing something i have probably done 300 times in my life, in the off season when i'm pretty sure we haven't sworn off alcohol.

Would i prefer my stars to have Nathan Buckley's (and Jarryd Blair's) drive and work ethic. Obviously.

Do i accept that there are many different types who play footy. Yes!

Do i think a player can do the occasional stupid thing and still be an incredibly valuable player in our team. Absolutely!!

Do i think this drink driving offense in any way affects my thoughts of him as a footballer and the contribution i expect from him this year. Absolutely NOT!

Drinking and driving is something that people find religion about at different times in their lives. Most of us have a stupid period where we truly believe we are invincible (i expect footballers suffer from this to an even greater degree than regular folks). Some of us are lucky survive it without losing our license or causing injury or death to ourselves or others (others aren't so lucky). it doesn't make us better or allow us to judge.

And for the record, there are a lot of people who you consider to be the finest examples of a quality citizen in our country who have driven cars with a blood alcohol of .095.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:10 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Gee, some over reaction here. Thankfully he didn't hurt anyone.

A few days ago people here are calling him a star and now the same people are calling on him to be sacked.

Reality check please. De Goey is no star, not just yet anyway. He serves penance and then we all move on when the main season starts up.

As a suggested punishment I think he should visit some of the causality wards of our public hospitals and witnesses some of the damage that alcohol causes amongst the community.

Mostly agree. Like almost all here I'm pissed off at his actions.

Last year he was suspended: it hurt him and hurt the club. In my view that was shooting ourselves in the foot.

The punitive way to ban him, suspend him or trade him is reactive and a knee jerk reaction & achieves little.

DeGoey has now lost his license, lost credibility, been shamed publicly & has invited shame & oppobrium to the club.

There needs to be a more creative way to deal with this so

1. He learns
2. We develop him into being a better player & person
3. That we don't harm him and the club's intersts by suspending him

Accordingly (given the punitive approach didn't work last year) we try:

ideas such as:

1. Making him experience what it is like for victims of drink driving - forcing him to sit in a wheelchair, be fed, showered, have your teeth brushed placed in and out of a bed etc, by others for ? a weekc / two weeks

2. Making him work for victims of intoxicated drivers (if they agree) make him wipe their backsides, feed, clean etc see what it is like etc, & talk to the families of said victims etc of drink drivers.

3. Make him go to jail & speak with inmates who have been done for injuring and maiming others while dring driving

4. Other similar ideas

All of or some of the above for an extended period of time will be incredibly powerful and confronting and can serve to make a start in his rehabilitation and help regain the trust of others.

Punsihment through suspension is mere anger being amplified and does not assist him & the club to grow.We want to get the most out of him & this wil not occur as has been already demonstrated by his supension last year notwithstanding his "broken hand"

E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:15 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:

The .05 limit has been in place here since the 1960's. The common thread amongst those that I know that have been caught drink driving is that they are of sub average intelligence. If they want to crash into each other then that's fine, but they don't, they crash into the rest of us.

I read the rest of your post with interest. Your views on drink driving a fair (especially since you seem to have numerous stories of encounters with the problem).

However, i gotta call you out on the above quote. Highly functioning members of our community ROUTINELY do the same thing. It isn't a crime of stupidity. Its a crime of invincibility. And those that tend to feel invincible are those that you would consider of above average intelligence. I know lots of people of above average intelligence who have done it, believe me.

Maybe only the idiots get caught or cause accidents, but drink driving is not a problem only for the terminally stupid. Of that i can promise you.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:18 pm

watt price tully wrote:
There needs to be a more creative way to deal with this ...
Accordingly (given the punitive approach didn't work last year) we try...
ideas such as:

1. Making him experience what it is like for victims of drink driving - forcing him to sit in a wheelchair, be fed, showered, have your teeth brushed placed in and out of a bed etc, by others ...
2. Making him work for victims of intoxicated drivers (if they agree) make him wipe their backsides, feed, clean etc see what it is like etc, & talk to the families of said victims etc of drink drivers.
3. Make him go to jail & speak with inmates who have been done for injuring and maiming others while dring driving
4. Other similar ideas

5. We make JDG & Jamie go out and drink a lot. Then we shove JDG into a wheelie bin and let Jamie do the rest.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:24 pm

Fine him, get him into some community service and move on.

Don't think .05 are our sponsors anymore. He did the right thing and let the club know.

Move on.
E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:28 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
Fine him, get him into some community service and move on.

Don't think .05 are our sponsors anymore. He did the right thing and let the club know.

Move on.

i thought he told the club that someone else was driving the car?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:30 pm

How did the resurrection of Stevie J unfold -was it the club that layed down the law or was it ther playing group that told him what they thought of him and his status among the team-status lower than a snakes belly

In Stevie J case did not the playing group decide the punishment

Point was that Cat did his time for the crime and rewarded players ,club and supporters with flag winning form

So will we get the players to tell him what they think of him and have a say in his punishment

K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:34 pm

^ I thinking the player leadership group supposedly has a say in matters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 65 of 301   

Jump to: