Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 641, 642, 643 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Went for a Chinese oil massage yesterday, my backs been killing me, this little tiny 45kg woman had the strength of a mammoth, she should work for the CIA, no secret would ever get past this woman.

Feel better today

I have to ask for the woman to massage me at the local Chinese medicine practitioner as he hurts too much. I like a firm & string massage & both the good Dr & his wife are both excellent masseurs. But he is too much for me & I reckon I have a reasonable pain threshold.

Me too, go see this woman, she will have you begging for mercy!

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:48 pm

Did bike ride into the city and back this morning, 30 km round trip.
Even convinced the 18 year old and red headed chick to come along.
Great morning for a ride, not too hot and only had a bit of head wind on the return trip.

Been a while since I've been on the bike, so I'll be a bit sore tomorrow!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Re-Birth of a river, witnessed by a FNQ copper who videoed it and added some colorful commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LPOM4QqCII

When they've been in drought for so long, you can understand his enthusiasm and forgive the repetitive expletives.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Chillin. Watching the idiot box. Just picked up Molly from the vet, had a cyst removed, and all her teeth polished up, when we walked in the door she immediately wanted to play ball! She's crashed now, but if I move she does, so yeah, not moving. Just glad she's ok.

Cheers!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:27 pm

^
Cool. I'm just happy it was Friday.

3 days work in a row is hard.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^
Cool. I'm just happy it was Friday.

3 days work in a row is hard.

Hehe back to reality soon, hey! At least the weathers good, you finishing your steps?

I got the garage sorted how I want it (ie with common sense, and all nice and neat!) and yesterday I gave the pool pump hides wall a coat of decking paint. I'm sure it's not what I used last time, gees it splattered everywhere! My arms look like I have a weird disease! Ah well hubby says it was, going to do the rest of the bamboo wall tomorrow, and maybe the front porch deck. Starting to look faded.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Still deciding.

The steps come down to a 1200 square piece of deck on adjustable legs, then a single step to the left to the ground. I'm weighing up whether I need to put a "side" pn the deck to make you walk down the single step to the ground and provide a hand rail or leave it as is. I'm leaning toward closing it in as it will be easier for the old girl and for kids.

Other than that I've decided to whack some black stain over all the treated pine then decide between oil and estapol to finish. Whatever, I'll do the main back deck the same in whatever I end up choosing.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:20 pm

It's Friday!!!

And I am going to have 2 days free of people who can take a perfectly good legal document and convert it to something a kindergarten kid would laugh at because they think they are clever ( and they are not!) and everyone else without Dr in front of their name is a moronic eejit ( and they are not) Rolling Eyes

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Stain/oil fades, but estapol peels, easier to redo the stain! Good idea with the fence for the stairs, for both great grandma and the grandies!

Last edited by think positive on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Stain and oil it is.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Morrigu wrote:
It's Friday!!!

And I am going to have 2 days free of people who can take a perfectly good legal document and convert it to something a kindergarten kid would laugh at because they think they are clever ( and they are not!) and everyone else without Dr in front of their name is a moronic eejit ( and they are not) Rolling Eyes

Hehe enjoy!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Last week I had my 9 year old neph from wa for a week, this week it's been my 18 year-old neph's turn.
He turned 18 3 daes ago and seems to spend the bulk of his time minding his 12 your old brother and playing minecraft* (*not as interesting as it might seem)!Sad
The kid got his learner's back in march and his log a grand total of 2 hours in it. Shocked
I wasn't happy. His dad lives on the other side of the continent and only gets to see his kids twice a year but wow! 2 effing hours (from a driving company)!!! Evil or Very Mad
His mums allwaes too busy driving some bloke home or ringing his sister to drive her home. (his sister had her 120 when she turned 18.
His hair looked like it had been cut with a puddin bowl and a pair(?) of blunt scissors (by his mum)
Any way, it's been 5 daes now and I have his total up to 30+, even managing to get in a couple of hours night driving. Cool Cool Cool
(i don't do much night driving myself (it's two dark for sunglasses)
Todae Uncle 3 rang his extra special event hairdresser* and booked the lad an appointment!
Uncle 3 sat, read the paper and sipped coffee by while Ballaarats best gave the lad a run-down of what he could do for him.
This kid has never been to hairdresser before so give the kid a hair-style that suits him! He did! Cool
Got a %50 discount for bringing in a virgan and to his credit the lad did a passable impression of thanking the man with a firm handshake and a smile.
After that I bought him some cool wrap and sunnies and a clue or 100 about how to find your own identity and start living!
It's been 5 daes of driving fishing exploring the bush and deep and having meaningfuls regarding when exactly is the right time to put awae the toys of childhood and step out of the shadow of his mother's disinterest.
He says his coming back for another week before VCE starts.
Hopefully I've put some back-bone into him.
His mother is coming to pick him up on Sundae and have a few choice words put aside for her!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:52 pm

Well done especially on the others. That's just negligent. Best thing you can do for a kid that age these days, gives you some time with the,too. Cheers, glad he has you xxx
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Geezua H christ, what has his mother done to him?

Tell me at least you put a couple of drams into the kid?

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Geezua H christ, what has his mother done to him?

Tell me at least you put a couple of drams into the kid?

The Neff sharing his first ever beer with his Uncle 3.

(it should have been his dad, but hey the worlds not perfect and neither are families)!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 641, 642, 643 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 642 of 866   

Jump to: