Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 642, 643, 644 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff.

For me, I finished the new stairs etc today. Put the handrail on the outside and gave the whole lot a charcoal stain which apparently does the same job as oil but lasts longer.

Very happy with the outcome. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:06 pm

wots the name of the stain please?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Tell ya tomorrow. The tin is out the back and I CBF.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
bunnings is closed anyway Cool
3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:38 am

think positive wrote:
Well done especially on the others. That's just negligent. Best thing you can do for a kid that age these days, gives you some time with the,too. Cheers, glad he has you xxx

Thanks for the knid words Jo.
Nephew is leaving todae Sad .
He's a learned a lot in the last few days.
He just rang his "mother" and told her not to bother picking him up (You don't want to come anywae") he was catching the train home!
Good good good for him!
He also know that to be a man he has to start acting like one (even if he has to fake it) Cool .
He's a good kid with 4 other uncles 2 Aunts and grand-mother that love and want him. He also has carte blanche to ring anytime and if wants to come and stay he is more than welcome (I or my mother will come and get him) and put him up for as long as he wants (with-in reason).
I've put a bit steel in his spin and lit a small fire in his belly and in his heart.

One of his big issues WAS he'd never had a girl-friend and didn't know how even begin talking to girls.
I promised him a short master class!
Wink
*Yesterday we stopped for pie's (x; Clearing sale. A very good looking country woman served us I engaged her in a bit of small talk. She stayed and chatted for a good 10 minutes (I am a shameless flirt) and said she'd come to Clunes some time (with her hubby) and look me and Barb up.
He the lad was dumbstruck!
You make it look so easy uncle 3!!!
It is champ. All you have to do if find what other people are interested in and ask them about it (in this case it was a small Aquamarine pendant she was wearing. I said how lovely it was and do you watch Prospectors (foxtel)
BINGO!
I've never had to raise a child (or had a real father, you the type that teachers you thinks!)
Anywae, I'm doing my level best to make the most of it while I stihl can and he's coming back up before school starts!*
Thanks again Jo. Xxx

*he asked for his text books back before Christmas (so he can study). She said she couldn't afford them till just before term begins.
Lucky for her she's not coming up this way todae because I'd be saying things I "might" wish I hadn't!!!

Last edited by 3.14159 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:13 pm

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Intergram natural stain. The charcoal over the treated pine comes up well, now just have to keep swatting the dog with the broom when he decides I've just built him a new place to lay. Dopey bastard.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:12 pm

3.14159 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Well done especially on the others. That's just negligent. Best thing you can do for a kid that age these days, gives you some time with the,too. Cheers, glad he has you xxx

Thanks for the knid words Jo.
Nephew is leaving todae Sad .
He's a learned a lot in the last few days.
He just rang his "mother" and told her not to bother picking him up (You don't want to come anywae") he was catching the train home!
Good good good for him!
He also know that to be a man he has to start acting like one (even if he has to fake it) Cool .
He's a good kid with 4 other uncles 2 Aunts and grand-mother that love and want him. He also has carte blanche to ring anytime and if wants to come and stay he is more than welcome (I or my mother will come and get him) and put him up for as long as he wants (with-in reason).
I've put a bit steel in his spin and lit a small fire in his belly and in his heart.

*Yesterday we stopped for pie's (x; Clearing sale. A very good looking country woman served us I engaged her in a bit of small talk. She stayed and chatted for a good 10 minutes (I am a shameless flirt) and said she'd come to Clunes some time (with her hubby) and look me and Barb up.
He the lad was dumbstruck!
You make it look so easy uncle 3!!!
It is champ. All you have to do if find what other people are interested in and ask them about it (in this case it was a small Aquamarine pendant she was wearing. I said how lovely it was and do you watch Prospectors (foxtel)
BINGO!
I've never had to raise a child (or had a real father, you the type that teachers you thinks!)
Anywae, I'm doing my level best to make the most of it while I stihl can and he's coming back up before school starts!*
Thanks again Jo. Xxx

*he asked for his text books back before Christmas (so he can study). She said she couldn't afford them till just before term begins.
Lucky for her she's not coming up this way todae because I'd be saying things I "might" wish I hadn't!!!

Gees he's asking for text books! I'd go without food! Well done mate xxx

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Yup.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Intergram natural stain. The charcoal over the treated pine comes up well, now just have to keep swatting the dog with the broom when he decides I've just built him a new place to lay. Dopey bastard.

Cool thanks, I'll write it down.

That dog loves you, you know that don't you! He just wants to show his appreciation!

I ended up using clear lacquer on the front door after hubby sanded it (don't think he trusts me!) came up alright, apparently will be better after it gets sanded and painted again (ugh!).

While he sanded the door I vacuum the grass, cleaned up the extra drive and footpath (little rocks), then he went to cook, and I did the door, then used some kind of tinted deck oil on the deck near the front door, (it's only a little one, under the porch bit, then I did all the wood around the garden beds, , just need to turn some stones over tomorrow, to hide the stain that went over the edges, and scrub a couple of marks off the exposed agg, and will be all done. Actually no, there's a couple of small cracks in the render on the porch bit I can reach with a ladder, so I'm going to suss out how to fix them, and then buy some paint, it's getting icky, I'll paint the bits I can reach, then hubby wil have to put up some scaffold and do the rest! I'm mean!

Went for a bike ride this morning with junior for an hour, did a couple of hours catching up invoices and other paperwork, been a looooong day! I did a juice fast (a quinoa salad for dinner thank god!) for three days with junior tues-Thursday, I bought vouchers for it before Christmas, and I feel great! More alive than I have in ages! No coffee since Monday morning, no alcohol, no soft drink. last two days a small amount of chicken, eggs for brekky, no bread, and I made juice and fruit smoothies based on the ones we got delivered. So after my epic day, I poured some jim beam into a Pepsi Max can, and jumped in the pool, it's about 25 I'm guessing, so not warm, just chill enough to be refreshing! Man it was awesome. Cleaned up the last few leaves while I was in there! (I can't help myself, I just need to clean!) and now I can hear hubby dishing up! Cheers guys, hope you all had a good day too!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:23 am

WADA, CAS! Off to celebrate in the gym, timely too, up to the best episode of SOA, the finale of season 3! I might run a record!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:53 pm

I signed on to become the photographer for Variety Tasmania this morning, I am their official photographer and they're excited to have me on board. They said they had events last year that they wanted to photograph but had no one there to do it and they were so busy so they got only a few shots.

They love my work, they like that I have said I'd help out, and I get to do their first ever T20 match with George Bailey and Tim Paine playing in February. I cannot wait. Very Happy

It's not paid, but the benefits to my work in the future is going to be massive as my work will go all over Australia through the Variety charity. Plus getting the cricket contacts will be great as well.

Also the doctor said my ankle wasn't broken, after a shit weekend two bits of good news in one day helped ease that pain. My ankle is still sore and swollen but it's just a sprain not a break... Laura's mum thought it was broken. lol.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 pm

Great stuff, Proto. Well done!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:04 am

well done Proto

oh man i feel so good today! ill crash later im sure!! finally feeling like me again, best workout ever! watching this helped a lot!!

Furious 7 - Letty Fight Scene (Michelle Rodriguez vs Ronda Rousey)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As6LHUuMQk4

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:04 am

Hah,

I'm working from home today. Very Happy had a quick meeting at head office first thing then back home, doff the suit, socks and shoes and sitting here barefoot wearing Collingwood board shorts and a felix the cat singlet with the back air con on low. Far better than being in that unairconditioned sauna I use for an office and no jumping in a car that's been sitting in the hot sun all day after work. Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:18 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Hah,

I'm working from home today. Very Happy had a quick meeting at head office first thing then back home, doff the suit, socks and shoes and sitting here barefoot wearing Collingwood board shorts and a felix the cat singlet with the back air con on low. Far better than being in that unairconditioned sauna I use for an office and no jumping in a car that's been sitting in the hot sun all day after work. Very Happy

Cool, literally! You got the pool up?

Oh and where is meathead!! Razz

Eldest went to port Douglas with the boyfriend and his parents this morning, so I got ready for my usual attack her room time! Holey crap, nothing to do except dust! Unreal!

So I attacked juniors instead, (she has a summer job, on a production line, scanning Bunnings returns! She gets up at 5.30am, and has been working full time, a fair few days with overtime til 5pm so some 9.5 hr shifts! OMG it's funny, uni kid learning the world doesn't turn on at midday and Target 4 hours shifts were a piece of cake!) cleaned out the fish tank, dusted the trophies, blah blah blah, only took 1.5 hrs, so not too messy for a change, and woohoo did not find one thing of mine in there! (For a daggy mum my kids sure like to knock off my gear!)

Play a few games, time to do some invoices, and ugh, list stuff on eBay, anyone need a forklift?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 642, 643, 644 ... 864, 865, 866  Next
Page 643 of 866   

Jump to: