Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#2 Jordan De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I suspect he'll get a 2 match suspension, imposed by the 'leadership group'. I hope it's just a fine and community service, but reckon he'll be in the stands for the first couple of weeks. He wouldn't be the first great player who is also a dickhead. Let's hope he wakes up to himself before the club loses patience and cuts him loose.

Fine him, tell him he's playing VFL for the first 2 rounds if we have to be punative but I'd rather for punishment put him through a solo training session with his team mates watching. Make him run til he pukes and he only gets to stop when his team mates call time.

simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:14 pm

c'mon, who didn't think it wasn't going to be this Muppet for our preseason **** up head line.
how our club cant see that he's a boof head with an attitude that cannot make any sensible decisions in social life is mind boggling.
he's a dumb individual. work with him and set him right.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:15 pm

What's that got to do with Maxy remember the time as captain he suggested they get breathalyzers for everyone and the others shot him down ? ". "
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:25 pm

simon tonna wrote:
c'mon, who didn't think it wasn't going to be this Muppet for our preseason **** up head line.
how our club cant see that he's a boof head with an attitude that cannot make any sensible decisions in social life is mind boggling.
he's a dumb individual. work with him and set him right.

100% right. He's dumb. I bet you he was shithouse at school and was a little schmuck!!

lets hope GC are stupid enough to take him at years end.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:37 pm

He came in same night as Darcy Moore and he together with Darcy and dad Peter exhibited a real connection—mates in footy and socially

Darcy goes about learning his football and learning to be a steady young man

Young Jordan appears worlds apart

K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm

K wrote:
Age article (link on previous page) updated...
Quote:
It is understood he had been out with former school friends in Torquay and was dropped at his car in Port Melbourne to collect it on the way home with him believing he had sobered up enough during the journey back to Mebourne to be able to drive.

And another article:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/history-repeats-for-the-magpies-20180218-p4z0ri.html

Quote:
This is Collingwood deja vu. It’s February, so that means Jamie Elliott has carried an injury all summer and is doubtful for round one, Daniel Wells has a troublesome Achilles and Jordan De Goey has done something stupid.

Somewhere on the Geelong Rd in his mate’s car heading back to Melbourne, De Goey thought he had sobered up enough that he could get behind the wheel of his car in Port Melbourne to get it home to Hampton instead of collecting it the next day. He hadn’t.

Collingwood will not cut ties with De Goey, although there will be those who think they should.
He should not be sacked but he should be banned. How long is the right length of time? Perhaps an indefinite ban is right – don’t put a cap on it but say he comes back in when the Pies are satisfied he and they are ready.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:58 pm

Just scratching my head. Not just at this total tossers actions YET AGAIN impacting on our start to the season but also at the ability of people to condemn his actions whilst at the same time somehow justifying them as young and stupid..... mind blowing.

There are reasons why you shouldn’t speed.
There are reasons why you shouldn’t take other drugs and drive.
And there are reasons you shouldn’t drink and drive.

There are no justifications. It increases the Likleyhood of killing yourself or others. End. Finite. Finito. Fullstop.

Being stupid doesn’t help either .... and here we have the combination of both.

Just dumb.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I suspect he'll get a 2 match suspension, imposed by the 'leadership group'. I hope it's just a fine and community service, but reckon he'll be in the stands for the first couple of weeks. He wouldn't be the first great player who is also a dickhead. Let's hope he wakes up to himself before the club loses patience and cuts him loose.

He’s not a ‘great’ player yet but a dickhead he has been for at least 12 months that we know of.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Skids wrote:
Culprit wrote:
I don't consider it a serious enough offence to sack someone (lying to the club is). He fckd up and he is lucky he didn't have a car accident or kill someone. Reality is he won't be the last person done for .05. Under New Vic laws he will have to have an interlock device fitted when he get's his licence back. He cops a bigger penalty than you and I as he is in the spotlight.

Exactly Culprit!

I got done for 0.074 last year, felt fine. $600 and 4 points (1st offence in WA you don't lose it unless over 0.08 ).

Well points for honesty perhaps, but you're as silly a fool as he is. No place for people with that level of alcohol in their system on the roads.

Be more responsible - get an Uber, get someone else to drive, but get off the road when you've been drinking. Find some judgement and some self control.

JDG is a stupid, arrogant kid. Must be on his last chance now. He shows talent, but not enough to be pulling these sorts of mistakes.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:28 pm

I guess if any of our players was going to get done for being drunk behind the wheel then it would have to be this idiot. I see no reason why we should persevere with someone who has the mental development of a 3 year old and a penchant for f***ing up. This sort of behaviour serves as nothing more than a big eff you to all of us. De list the flog. Clearly takes his position as an afl footballer for granted and couldn't give a toss about how those decisions impact on the club.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:30 pm

^^^

And furthermore, let's see how 'cool' the little %$^%$£$% thinks he is as an unemployed ex footballer with zero other skills to earn his piss money from!!

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:39 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
^^^

And furthermore, let's see how 'cool' the little %$^%$£$% thinks he is as an unemployed ex footballer with zero other skills to earn his piss money from!!

I dunno. He could get a spot on SEN with a resume like that
Crimson Mask 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 pm

Maybe we need to do a Shane Strempel on De Goey! Very Happy
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:19 pm

De Goey has broken the law regarding drink driving, and the authorities are dealing with him. And it should remain as that. He has not let down his team mates, because no one other than Jordan De Goey is responsible for his actions. His drink driving does not, if one is rational in one's judgement, reflect on the club nor the team. Only on himself. Letting the team down would mean that he didn't go in hard enough for the ball, or went missing when the game was on the line. Anyone who expects 21 year old kids to be role models, or impervious to stupid, brazen impulses needs to revisit the conception of being human.
I am not excusing drink driving, I am simply saying that the judicial apparatus will impose the appropriate penalties and that is where it should end.
Lying to the club was of a totally different nature. This impacted directly on the relations between him and the coach, and between him and the players, because trust is the cement that binds the team. Then it was quite right for the club to draw a line in the sand.
But to penalize him for this by suspending him from the game is as inappropriate as it is detrimental to our season.
Just let him know that he has disgraced himself with his off field actions, and he will need to face the shame and public humiliation. That is the fair and just penalty. In the meantime, he will also need to prove to his team mates that on the field he has the necessary courage and team spirit to lay everything on the line for the team. It is De Goey's reaction to this crisis, not the crisis itself, by which we should judge him.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:22 pm

im pretty sure a zero strike policy was implemented or enacted in his contract after his little punch up last season.

The problem is, hes a good Quality player. Maybe hes just not mentally up for AFL level football as he came back overweight for pre-season training.

maybe he can be part of a deal to go to the gold coast and get drunk and snort coke up there, in exchange for Lynch Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 299, 300, 301  Next
Page 67 of 301   

Jump to: