Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Poll on the return of Saintsational to GD

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want the Nicks Saintsational thread returned to GD?
Yes please
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
No thanks
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Don't really care
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:13 am
Post subject: Poll on the return of Saintsational to GDReply with quote

"General Discussion
Use this forum for footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern."

The above statement describes the topics that are to be included on this site for the GD section. For some reason the mods have moved Saintsational to VP and this has upset a few people. Surely now with al the current threads there needs to be a call for the return of this thread to GD.

Please vote

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

i would support the establishment of a new forum to discuss other clubs but don't care one iota about the irrational obsession with saintsational.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:03 am

Third option for me, I think. Otherwise, we could always send it to the Chick's Channel to liven things up down that way.

Mods move in mysterious ways. I think our set seem sensible enough.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:15 am

No.

The mods have gone soft, I'd be moving them as fast as they were created.
This is a Collingwood Board. If it relates to us, fair enough, otherwise couldn't care less.

annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:54 am

Could I request that the mods return the poll back to the only area all Nicksters visit, GD. Otherwise it will be buried and we will not have quantified and qualified data.

I think the mods need to let the people of the board be able to democratically discuss this issue. If there is a problem with this could you kindly ask Mike to contact me or I can ring him in Tassy.

Cheers
Anne

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:31 am

If it'll get Tannin back then Yes, return it.

They gave Us so much new material yesterday.
Btb, Shane Warne was on the Footy Show last night and said,
..."The only person in his household that wasn't happpy that Ross has left was his son, He barracks for Freo!"
Gold Shane.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:38 am

Since you've started a new poll on the subject, I want to re-repost that which I reposted in the previous poll thread, lifted from the VPT 'Aintsosational thread. No sensible (or, indeed, any) response has ever been given by the Mods.

If you were to waste your time counting up the GD threads today, I expect you would find that most of them breach the "rule" Why Phil Why alleged when the thread was first removed from GD.

Pies4shaw wrote:
Since you've raised the topic, here's what I posted on this particular issue in the banished thread:
Pies4shaw wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
The mods team (at least) are sick and tired of seeing this reference to an opposition web site constantly on the front of our main page.

We bet the sainters chuckle whenever they see what appears to be a Magpies fans' obsession with their sordid little goings on.

With that in mind, we are moving this thread to where it belongs - the VPT. General Discussion should always concern itself with matters Magpie.

Is that accurate, WPW? I thought the "General Discussion" forum was for footy topics, not just Collingwood topics. Applying your logic means that Donny's fabulous weekly "other games" thread shouldn't be in "General Discussion" and that when the finals come around we have to talk about Geelong v Hawthorn in VPT or (perhaps) the "Sports Bar"?

Shouldn't this be back on the main footy page, perhaps with a new title, maybe "Ross Lyon's folly", since it is mostly about the rise of Luke Ball and the downfall of the 'Aints? There are some posts which stray from the footy issue - but that's the nature of these sorts of forums.

Judging by the number of posts, it's been just about the most-frequented thread on Nick's since Taz went to Freo.

Perhaps most importantly, does this mean that the "Today we can officially start laughing at ****ton again" thread and like threads can't be in "General Discussion"? Isn't the essence of being a Collingwood supporter wanting Collingwood to win, first, the Blooz to lose, second, and the 'Aints never to win anything, third? These are important matters and require careful consideration.
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:26 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
No.

The mods have gone soft, I'd be moving them as fast as they were created.
This is a Collingwood Board. If it relates to us, fair enough, otherwise couldn't care less.

Better move the Harvey and Lyon threads then. Seeing as they have nothing to do with Collingwood.
And I thought "general discussion" was just that. I'm wrong by the looks of it. First time for everything I suppose.

P.S. Anne, the mods will say "it's not a democracy" in regards to Nicks. May as well fly the hammer and sickle instead of the black and white bird.
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:48 pm

Now I never said that I was right, just my opinion that's all (as was asked in this thread).
I've been reading your posts for a long time, you have been wrong before though, so it wouldn't be the first time. Maybe I am right.

annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Interesting that I have had no reply from the mods. And they put this poll in General Feedback. Who goes there ffs?
annewilo 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:43 pm

You might as well close this thread now as no one can see it to vote because you moved it. And with the result a landslide to the return of the aforementioned thread to GD, don't you now think it is time to listen to the posters here and have a sensible discussion? I am really quite surprised that the moderation team is ignoring this tOpic and just making decisions based on their own opinion.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:12 pm

annewilo wrote:
You might as well close this thread now as no one can see it to vote because you moved it. And with the result a landslide to the return of the aforementioned thread to GD, don't you now think it is time to listen to the posters here and have a sensible discussion? I am really quite surprised that the moderation team is ignoring this tOpic and just making decisions based on their own opinion.

Isn't that why it's been moved to here?
annewilo 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:14 pm

luvdids wrote:
annewilo wrote:

Isn't that why it's been moved to here?

Nope, I had it open for 7 or 10 days. They moved it on the day I posted it in GD. Really surprised at this action.

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:26 pm

What surprises me is the 'picking and chosing' of what is and isn't a GD topic. There are many topics, all the time, in GD that have zero to do with Collingwood.

Wouldn't want to be a mod, don't envy them at all, but don't understand entirely some of the things they do... inconsistant comes to mind, but I'm not one so I wouldn't know for sure. Oh well, it's not like the threads have been locked or deleted, they're still here. Guess when it comes down to it, does it really matter where they are? If people want to see them and add to them, they can. I have more important things to worry about than where a particular thread is located.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:11 am

Ahh. So this is what general feedback looks like. I dont like it here!

But if anyone wants to give me feedback on my posts, please feel free. Please be kind though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: