Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our Biggest Problem in 2014 - Consistency

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:08 pm
Post subject: Our Biggest Problem in 2014 - ConsistencyReply with quote

We are ever playing super well or super crap this season.

At our best we can challenge any team in the comp but at our worst any team can beat us.

We have not found Medium Ground Yet. We also don’t play 4 QTRs Either. 3 Quarters is the Most we have Played.

So we need to Improve this part of our Game

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a very taxing game plan, hard to keep it up for 4 qtrs, for us to be a serious contender we need to find more ways to goal, for our dominant periods during games we don't get just reward IMO, we'll become the real deal when we start making the most of our opportunities, it's the next step in our evolution.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Beast 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Our problem is we lack class and are relying on a 100% effort to win games. Slight drop off and sides get run ons against us.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Bring back Leon Davis.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Defender wrote:
We have a very taxing game plan, hard to keep it up for 4 qtrs, for us to be a serious contender we need to find more ways to goal, for our dominant periods during games we don't get just reward IMO, we'll become the real deal when we start making the most of our opportunities, it's the next step in our evolution.

Well when you Have Cloke Dropping Marks and Missing shots on Goal it does not help that

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Beast wrote:
Our problem is we lack class and are relying on a 100% effort to win games. Slight drop off and sides get run ons against us.

That is another 1 of the Big Reason and could say that when we won the Flag in 2010

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Defender wrote:

Well when you Have Cloke Dropping Marks and Missing shots on Goal it does not help that

It certainly doesn't help Dave, IMO if we're to be a chance this year we need Cloke back to his very best, his current form is probably costing us 5 goals a game compared to his best form.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:52 pm

We do lack one touch class, but confidence is such a big part of that.

Take Caff for example; couldn't hit the side of the barn last night, but I remember him being a bloody good user of the ball when he broke into the team in 2010 or late 09.

Goldy will never have it, but outside of him we really need to have a look at getting some better one touch ball users (that's what she said!) into the 22.

All bloody injured unfortunately, so what can u do?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
roar 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Beast wrote:

It's certainly one of the problems. Pretty easy to shut our forward line down when we play with two defensive forwards - stop Elliott and you're done.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:24 pm

In truth, our forward line has not functioned well all year. This has been masked by our smalls kicking goals. We can only hope Reid's return - whenever that is - will rectify this problem.

Reid will provide a better marking/goal kicking option, and relieve pressure off both White and Cloke, who should both improve as a result. Added to that, Reid's inclusion will allow us to replace Witts with another midfielder, giving us more run, since we'll be able to use White as the back up ruckman.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:38 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
In truth, our forward line has not functioned well all year. This has been masked by our smalls kicking goals. We can only hope Reid's return - whenever that is - will rectify this problem.

Reid will provide a better marking/goal kicking option, and relieve pressure off both White and Cloke, who should both improve as a result. Added to that, Reid's inclusion will allow us to replace Witts with another midfielder, giving us more run, since we'll be able to use White as the back up ruckman.

Then a hell of a Lot of Pressure will go on Grundy and at 20 is he ready for it yet?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Two poor games and 6 good ones. That's not inconsistent. Though we have been inconsistent within games.

But inconsistency plagues teams across the league. Adelaide lost to Melbourne in their last game. Beast thinks it's because we lack class and rely on 100% effort. Wrong. All teams need the effort, with maybe only Hawthorn being able to get by mostly on class, but they play a very different game to most. That's modern footy, it requires effort, drop off and you're in trouble. Our offense is down at the moment, but it's not due to a lack of class, but a team that is not yet fully functioning as a unit.

Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:35 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Two poor games and 6 good ones. That's not inconsistent. Though we have been inconsistent within games.

But inconsistency plagues teams across the league. Adelaide lost to Melbourne in their last game. Beast thinks it's because we lack class and rely on 100% effort. Wrong. All teams need the effort, with maybe only Hawthorn being able to get by mostly on class, but they play a very different game to most. That's modern footy, it requires effort, drop off and you're in trouble. Our offense is down at the moment, but it's not due to a lack of class, but a team that is not yet fully functioning as a unit.

Hey look Inky you could be right and I could be wrong but IMHO opinion we don't have the polish or a game plan that is hard to combat to slacken off and win games against shite opposition that lost to Melbourne the game before, not up to me to be the judge Wink
But I can definitely tell you're wrong in thinking we've played 6 good games this year. In fact I'm 100% certain of it.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 am

we need to continue to reduce the gap between our best and worst during games. our best is as good as anyone's.

even though we were only a few points down throughout the second half we did not have control of the game and were never really going to win.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:24 am

We are inconsistent very much so during games quarter by quarter and during each quarter.
I put it mainly down to being a young side. If my memory serves mew correctly we are the 4th youngest team ATM. (GWS, Suns, Power the other 3)
Beast is right we haven't played 6 good games but we have won 5 games which is a good result.
Cloke just seems to be so down on confidence he couldn't get a kick in a paddock full of mules. I've said before I would run him up on a wing or around the ball just so he can get some touches and hopefully that brings confidence.
I heard David King say the other night if he marks his fort attempt and goes bang then his right for the night if he drops the mark or misses a easy shot his gone for the night simple as that.
Look this year was always going to be up and down playing kids so I'll just grin and bare it whilst they get games under there belt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: