Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Umpiring was Disgusting

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:18 pm
Post subject: Umpiring was DisgustingReply with quote

It was Disgusting Tonight. Eagles got everything there wany we got Sweet all. What Holding the Ball?

Grundy was pushed in the back so many times in the Ruck.

In the 3rd Qtr I was getting close on Jumping the Fence and Decking an Ump.

Anyone else Agrees?

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really notice the umpires. I noticed our rucks being smashed - we had like half the hitouts and far less than half the clearances, and our struggles to move the ball or win the ball, but umpires? Can't remember them having much of an impact really. There was one lucky 50 to Grundy, other than that I can't recall too many shockers from them. Any more examples?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Bigfooty has gone into meltdown, and it's because the umps favoured us!! PMSL, WC fans are the biggest sooks, if the free kick count isn't 95% in their favour (like it is when they play at home) the umpires are cheating, it was only 33% in their favour tonight lol.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Defender wrote:
Bigfooty has gone into meltdown, and it's because the umps favoured us!! PMSL, WC fans are the biggest sooks, if the free kick count isn't 95% in their favour (like it is when they play at home) the umpires are cheating, it was only 33% in their favour tonight lol.
Where do you live?
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:28 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Didn't really notice the umpires. I noticed our rucks being smashed - we had like half the hitouts and far less than half the clearances, and our struggles to move the ball or win the ball, but umpires? Can't remember them having much of an impact really. There was one lucky 50 to Grundy, other than that I can't recall too many shockers from them. Any more examples?

Anyone stirring Dave? Anyone?
Umpires were poor I thought. Boos as they left the field told you as much.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:29 pm

The holding the ball decision needs to be reviewed, so many tackles were laid where a player dropped the ball or didn't dispose of it correctly. Grundy was pushed under the ball in so many of the ruck contests and was manhandled. What gets me is the inconsistency of some of these rules. The obvious ones get missed then the scumps go ahead and invent one from nowhere.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:31 pm

The boos were because the Eagles had more frees than us most of the game, but I really didn't notice many bad decisions. We played poorly and had less of the ball for most of the game, and very few inside 50s, it makes sense the Eagles would have had more frees.

In a close game I often notice the umpires having an influence, I just didn't feel it this game, all I noticed was our poor play for much of the game and a gutsy effort to pull off the win.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:33 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

you know that will go through to the keeper, don't you?

uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:42 am

the umpiring did suck dtm
the big even upperer was Grundy's 50
Good that our boys dug deep enough to make that one the sealer

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:09 am

The umpiring looked staged.

Before the game the holding the ball rule was displayed on the big screen.

Weird.

Momentum shifting umpiring decisions aplenty. All in West Coast's favour.

Everyone who watched that game knows the umpires favoured the Eagles so obviously and so blatantly. That is why they are saying it was the other way around to try to deflect the attention from the truth.

Anyone who doesn't think the umpires hate our guts after that game is blind or lying.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:15 am

I remember one incident when one of our guys was on the bottom of the pack in the eagles fwd 50, you could tell by the lateness of the whistle he was gonna ping us, thank **** Pendles dragged it out at the last second, the ump almost looked disappointed, that was during that horror run we got during the 3rd.

We have been fisted by the umps this year, more so than other years IMO.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 5:49 am

I know the feeling Defender, thems the breaks sometimes and they're not pleasant!

The Grundy decision was bad, but we would've scored from that play anyway and we still won by more than a goal, so it didn't cost them the game. Any Eagles fans who think that are kidding themselves (Simpson dismissed it well in his presser) they lost the game because they couldn't put us away with two tall defenders down when we were playing poorly for three quarters, and then with only two rotations on the bench for more than half the game we clobbered them in the last. End of story

As for the umps, the Sidey holding the ball in the third was a cracker "didn't make any attempt to get rid of it" - it was held to him and he threw his fist at it to handball it out three times. And he had no prior. And the Eagles goaled from it. We had all the momentum until then aswell. But we won despite the bad umpiring Smile

- Ben
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:12 am

Umpires, like players, make mistakes, on both sides. I thought the most critical mistakes last night favoured us - there were several cases in the last quarter where WCE forwards should probably have received fees for holding or over the shoulder close to goal, and the Grundy 50 wsa a terrible decision, even if it favoured us. The fact that the Weagles fans think they got crucified tells you that supporters see umpiring through their own one-way mirror.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 am

I guess it's convenient for us to ignore the incredibly soft 50 Grundy got at a crucial stage in the game Shocked Laughing
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:57 am

The Grundy decision was correct. That wasn't a realistic attempt by the Wiggle to punch the ball. The decision against him following his magnificent chase along the outer boundary was inexcusable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: