Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Travis Cloke injured.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:07 pm
Post subject: Travis Cloke injured.Reply with quote

According to Damian Barrett on TFS, he's carrying patella tendonitis and requires injections to play. Neither Cloke nor the Club will go on record with it and Cloke doesn't want to use it as an excuse.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit Late but Your’s might be better.

Get Cloke’s Knee Fixed as at the Moment is Hurting his From and the Teams

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Heh, sorry Dave I checked before posting but yours wasn't up yet or I would've just added to it. I'd add it's a wear and tear injury and rest and physio is the only treatment. Not sure why he's playing with it to be honest, needs to rest. I also spelled it wrong Razz

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patellar_tendinitis
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Didn't think it was a secret that he had issues with his knee. Bucks (I think) said a few weeks ago that it was being managed.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:41 pm

Given our run over the next few weeks you'd think it'd be an ideal time to rest him. He's certainly not having a lot of influence on the field at the moment.
E 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:16 am

its also degenerative, which is why the pies and the clokes had a HUGe battle over the number of years he would get......
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:24 am

Rest him.
Rest him.
Rest him.

Number one forward asset, not worth a crumpet if he can't run his opponents ragged.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:44 am

According to Damian Barrett........
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 am

Maybe once Reid is back we do give him a rest.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:22 am

Albert Parker wrote:
Maybe once Reid is back we do give him a rest.

This.

Id give Karny a run as well this week so we have another option but once Reid is avail in a couple of weeks I would look at giving Trav a rest.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:25 am

Knew there was something wrong, he's lost all his power on the ground and in the air, I'm sure if rest helped we'd have given it to him, although it's obvious he won't be playing this week, that's the only reason the club leaked the story.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:35 am

MagpieMad wrote:
According to Damian Barrett........

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Laughing
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:55 am

Patellar Tendonitis
Injuries > Knee > Patellar Tendonitis

(Also known as Patellar Tendinopathy, Patellar Tendinitis, Jumper's Knee)

N.B. Although research suggests that 'patellar tendinopathy' is the more appropriate term to describe overuse injuries to the patellar tendon, we will use the term 'patellar tendonitis' in this document as it is more widely known.

What is patellar tendonitis?
Patellar tendonitis is a condition characterized by tissue damage and inflammation to the patellar tendon causing pain in the front of the knee.
The large muscle at the front of your thigh is called the quadriceps (figure 1). This muscle attaches to the knee cap which in turn attaches to the tibia (shin bone) via the patellar tendon (figure 1).
The quadriceps muscle is primarily responsible for straightening the knee during activity and is particularly active during running, jumping and kicking. During contraction of the quadriceps tension is placed on the patellar tendon via the patella. When this tension is excessive due to too much repetition or high force, damage to the patellar tendon may occur. Patellar tendonitis is a condition whereby there is damage to the patellar tendon with subsequent degeneration and inflammation.

Causes of patellar tendonitis
Patellar tendonitis most commonly occurs due to repetitive or prolonged activities placing strain on the patellar tendon. This typically occurs due to repetitive running, jumping, hopping, squatting or kicking activities. It is also particularly common in sports requiring frequent jumping and landing such as basketball or netball.
Occasionally, patients may develop this condition suddenly due to a high force going through the patellar tendon beyond what it can withstand. This most commonly occurs when landing from a jump (particularly on hard surfaces) or during rapid acceleration whilst running.

Signs and symptoms of patellar tendonitis
Patients with this condition typically experience pain that develops gradually at the front of the knee just below the knee cap. In less severe cases, patients may only experience an ache or stiffness in the knee that increases with rest following activities requiring strong or repetitive contraction of the quadriceps muscle. These activities typically include running, jumping, hopping, squatting, kicking or climbing stairs. The pain associated with this condition may also warm up with activity in the initial stages of the condition.
As the condition progresses, patients may experience symptoms that increase during activity and affect performance. Walking or standing may be enough to aggravate symptoms. Patients with this condition typically experience pain on firmly touching the patellar tendon (figure 1). Occasionally, a feeling of knee weakness may also be present particularly when attempting to jump or accelerate whilst running.

Diagnosis of patellar tendonitis
A thorough subjective and objective examination from a physiotherapist is usually sufficient to diagnose patellar tendonitis. Occasionally, further investigations such as an Ultrasound or MRI scan may be required to assist with diagnosis and assess the severity of the condition.

Prognosis of patellar tendonitis
Most patients with this condition heal well with appropriate physiotherapy and return to normal function in a number of weeks. Occasionally, rehabilitation can take significantly longer and may take many months in those who have had their condition for a long period of time. Early physiotherapy treatment is vital to hasten recovery in all patients with this condition.

Treatment for patellar tendonitis
The success rate of treatment for patellar tendonitis is largely dictated by patient compliance. One of the key components of treatment is that the patient rests from ANY activity that increases their pain until they are symptom free. This allows the body to begin the healing process in the absence of further tissue damage to the patellar tendon. Once the patient can perform these activities pain free, a gradual return to these activities is indicated provided there is no increase in symptoms.

Sounds like the clubs talking out their ass again, I think he has OP.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
BigVman 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:27 am

Maybe its an overuse injury, from all his kicking?
KYPREO Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:58 am

I've had it and it is not degenerative as stated above so long as it is managed and treated. It eventually gets better through appropriate rehab, but like all tendinopathy it's a long term process. It is an overuse injury. Kicking, running, jumping, can all aggravate it. I had it pretty bad and it was quite painful. Getting over it took me about 6 months, but I was still able to exercise throughout that process - including heavy squatting. I would have been able to do any of the actions required in football. I never required any sort of injection. It would be a distraction, but it would not prevent you from playing nor would excuse Trav's form, which is why he is still playing and the club has not made any excuse of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: