Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies whack Weagles - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied wrote:
stoliboy wrote:

At the end of one of the quarters the siren sounded and players were looking on the ground for this West Coast player's teeth.

That's a cracker of a photo!

Yeah, wonder if he was wearing a guard ? Ugh, that just shouldn't happen.

Stupied 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:51 am

It was his bottom teeth that were broken yeah? Are there even guards available for your bottom teeth?
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:21 pm

No his top two front teeth.

Click on the link and you will see he has his mouth open with them missing.

Still played the whole game though.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:07 pm

Glad my first game was last night, a good, solid, gutsy win, just guts, tough slog all the way, no quarters asked or given. Yeh, it was a game riddled with errors by both teams, some poor field kicking, but I think overall pressure led to that. To win with two of our main backs off for the last quarter was fantastic, and tony shaw is wrong, we did deserve to win, find it hard to hear he thinks we didn't, we did kick two goals more than the Weagles anyway !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:10 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Great to see our ex captain still abusing players that are better than him just for the sake of it, I assume Fasolos great crime was actually hitting a target which is not allowed in the ex captains backline...

Unanimous appreaciton here for Maxys great effort today makes your comment both stupid and pathetic - he was tremendous today and your cheap shots are completely unjustified.

He's not a whipping boy for you today sport.

Yet, the Bozo is quick to jump down the throat of anyone who dares to criticize Cloke.

Makes it very difficult for a forward if the best player in the backline cant kick a footy, yet everyone will blame for the forward for not being able to mark the helicopter kick...

Also amazing how a player with no skill at all can be so universally loved yet another will be abused by those same people because they cant kick straight even if they are the best mark in the league and set up plenty of goals

Guess its one rule for one, another for others...

Universal love based on outstanding leadership, grit and determination. Great Captains need the above FIRST silky skills are optional eg. Tony Shaw - another great Captain without silky skills.

So were to now sport - any other diversion you want to try.

I suggest you stop now because you've dug a hole you can't get out of.

PS: re: CLOKE when he plays as well as Maxy did yesterday and still gets bagged then you will have cause for complaint.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:23 pm

^ Maxy was great, I wrote him off last season, but losing the captaincy has done him the world of good, new lease of life. He played a great game, you could not be more wrong on him. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:19 pm

What happened to Frosty? I missed it.
cheers.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
What happened to Frosty? I missed it.
cheers.

Concussion, was ruled out in the second quarter! Made the win even better.
Kosh 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 pm
Post subject: Seedsman in the Twos...Reply with quote

perthmagpie wrote:
Cloke looks restricted. We need at least one more line breaking runner off half back. That man is Seedy. He was sensational at times in the VFL yesterday. Hurt his knee but I hope is right as he is almost ready to go and will help our rebound. Why are we back to zoning and allowing the other teams a zillion unconstested marks?

I strongly believe we need Josh Thomas and Seedy in our team and not as subs. The VFL team was brilliant yesterday and we have a huge bunch of ball winners just waiting for their chance. Keefe will come back in and hopefully Frosty plays. But we need to shake up the line up still and try different combinations. We are still a fair way off what is required to be a top team. We need to keep experimenting with selection.

Seedy was frighteningly good at times in the scoobs. His one on one marking & run and carry were tremendous. He is clearly not yet fully fit & I am worried a bit about his knee. It was clearly strapped up, just before he was taken off the ground. Having said that he looks a lot stronger in his core this year and as a result is a much harder to tackle. I think he will spend a few more weeks in the scoobs before coming up.
Beast 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Gutsy win from a battler side thats been in crap form over the last 3 games.
To become better we need JT in the side, this will enable Pendles and Beams to have more impact by playing outside. A bit of a worry that everyone bar Buckley can see that.

We also need to drop Witts and untilise White as a second ruck, this will make us more mobile and Jesse won't go missing for long periods of the game as he tends to. Huddo getting a run every now and again won't hurt either.

Fas needs to play up forward not because he can't defend but because we need his silky skills delivering the ball into 50 and crumbing.

The Sack goes to defense when and if Reid comes back.
One of Patty or Martin should eventually replace Blair who despite brilliant game yesterday gives us 2/5th of sfa most of the time.
I wouldn't mind trialling Dwyer at half back.

Ball, Williams and Young have been a long way from their best and should be feeling the heat from the likes of Adams, Seeds and Broomy.

Implement these changes and suggestions in a month or two and we will become a much classier side, not the one only capable of winning games on grit, determination and 100% effort.

And few thoughts on some players

Maxy played the game of his life.
Pendles had his colours lowered in the first 3 quarters but stood up big time in the last.
Sidebottom kept us in the game and was our best up to half time by the length of a Flemington straight. Undone some of his good work by burning the ball and bad decision making in the second half but was around our best 5 players as usual.
Cloke is either carrying something or is frustrated by poor supply to the point of not chasing, I'm leaning to the first option but either way it's a sad sight.
Swanny is just cruising, while Beamsy is leading the Copeland by quite a margin.
Billy and the Sack are in terrific nick.
I had my doubts about Tooves being able to curtail Darling but the Possum of old was back yesterday...
Really feel for Browny.

Go the Maggies.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I was flat in the Last Qtr as the Disgusting Umpring took my Energy in the 3rd

But that was the best quarter of all Dave. Sorry you missed it. Very Happy

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:42 pm

The more I watch the Crows against Carlton and how stuffed and ordinary they look ,the more I come to realize how well we did against the Eagles. Last week was a real tough game and you have to cut some slack for the poor start we had and how the Eagles midfield got on top of us early in the game. Still it's only mid season and we don't want to be at our best now maybe 90% the comp is a marathon not a sprint.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I was flat in the Last Qtr as the Disgusting Umpring took my Energy in the 3rd

awww Dave.

I've had that before. The Adelaide game last year I was like that. The umpiring was so bad. But I try to have a laugh about it with whoever I am with. I always admit I am fully aware how jaded and cynical I am. And we make a joke.

I said a few times yesterday "The Eagles will get a dodgy free kick now to give them momentum." And they did. Laughing
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:12 pm

Finally got to watch the match. We played at around 80% and won. Good teams find ways to win. The last quarter our class midfield showed it's stuff.

Travis is a worry, when he finally kicked a goal he was relieved. When do we play GWS? Trav needs it.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:45 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Great to see our ex captain still abusing players that are better than him just for the sake of it, I assume Fasolos great crime was actually hitting a target which is not allowed in the ex captains backline...

Haha u r such a tosser David.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: