Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Dogs down Pies - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A third of our best 18 missing , good game, doggies GF ... yay
I had plenty on game score over 177.5 points ... hubba hubbaa hubbba

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Oh yeah, what the hell was that bullshit fifty metre penalty against cloke for, that gave the dogs a goal, both cloke and the guy on him were pushing and shoving each other equally ?? Umpiriing was pretty bad really. Kyle martin had better get a game next week too.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Our day can be summed up very easily.

They had 44 uncontested possies in our defensive 50 we had 8 in there's
They had 39 tackle busts we had 7
They played 4 quarters of pressure football we didn't cope again

1 player doesn't make a huge difference when you have maybe 4-6 players to win or break even with there opponents

We hoped the crows game was a abolishing but it appears we can't cope under consistent pressure.

Selection this week becomes vital. If we play like the again against the hawks it will be a massacre of unprecedented proportions.

We need to learn how to run in both directions and quick.

Glad to see Cloke to get some good form
Broomhead show enough to get another game
Seedsman played well in patches
Pendles was well he was Pendles thank god
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:35 pm

I'd actually not mentioned Seedsman. His fitness isn't where it needs to be just yet, and he has said as much, but when it counted in the last he was the one who set up a couple of goals with his run. Is going to be very good for us when he's back fully firing.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:39 pm

We had too many passengers - chiefly Blair, Ball, Thomas, White and Young.

There's the ball game. Simple as that.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:41 pm

^^Thomas had 22 touches, used it much better than Adams and actually gave us a bit of run. I'd probably rate his game above Adams', harsh to call him a passenger.

No argument on Blair and White. Although we didn't actually get the ball forward all that often or competently.

matrix10 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:02 pm

The_Staunton wrote:
I'm all for throwing the toys out of the cot, but today showed what we are - a team that'll plod to 5-8 and be out by the time the Prelim Final is around. We've still to play the Dawks and Port, got smacked out by Freo, lost to Geelong. We've had two good wins (Sydney and North) but very few convincing 4 quarter performances.

Bingo.

these teams playing at their best would beat our team

Port
Freo
Hawthorn
Sydney

I reckon we're about level with

Cats(could go either way)
North(north are crapper)
Suns (youngsters tiring but likely beat us if we play like today)
Dons(unless danks delights are slow burners)
Adelaide (did beat us)
Eagles(should have beaten us)

Bulldogs were too good. Just heaped on pressure and scrapped goals out of nowhere.

We're young.
Sometimes we are brilliant, sometimes we are crap.
Today was crap.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

Post subject: pies v dogsReply with quote

What does " pot shoting" mean??
jackcass Cancer

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

And if anyone tries to tell me Adams was good because he had 30 disposals, I'm gonna spew!

You'd better start chucking inky. Adams not only had 30 disposals, but kicked a goal and was instrumental in us getting 3 others. Sure, his wayward kicking is a concern, but often that's because he's getting the ball in such hard contested situations. He will get more composure as he plays more footy. I ranked him as our 3rd best, after only Cloke and Pendles.

Seriously, the vitriol directed to this kid who throws his body in fearlessly to get the ball out of packs is very disappointing from many of my fellow Nicksters.

If you want to find reasons for today's loss, you need look no further than the performances of Blair, Ball, Thomas and White. You can't have 4 passengers and win a game of football. Broomhead looked good when he first came on, but really failed to have an impact at all in the last quarter when his fresh legs should have been an asset.

I've said it before, but I seem to be on my own here, but I genuinely believe Ball is finished, unless it's wet under foot. He's just too slow and does not get enough of the ball any more. Josh Thomas, after 4 years on our list, is still a depth player imo. White should be used more as our 2nd ruck, and we should play one of Grundy or Witts, but not both. We are top heavy with all 3 big men in our team.

Agree on Adams, definitely among our best, disposal efficiency will come.

Disagree on the 3 big men. Most teams seem to do quite well using the same structure. The issue with the White, Grundy, Witts combo is that all 3 are only playing cameos, not taking the game by the scruff of the neck. A lack of alternatives limits our options. A fit Reid, Karnezis, or Brown wouldn't hurt.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:07 pm
Post subject: pies v dogsReply with quote

MattyD wrote:
okay, I'm starting to calm down a bit. So back to my usual posts whinging about umpires and such.

We lost at the selection table.

Yes, quite a few experienced players did very little today.

But that backline looked ridiculous. Against almost any other team and we would been slaughtered.

It was embarrassing that the Collingwood crowd were getting so frustrated in the last quarter that players were just ignoring other players who had space and were running. This happened many times.

But a reality check is in order.

This is a new team. Like many of us said after the Freo game in Round 1. I had fully prepared myself for this to be a rebuild year. It's just since that game there has been steady improvement and we've won enough games to be in contention for Top 4. So our hopes have been raised.

But this is the reality. You can't say the season is over. That's just silly. The team that was out there today is not our best team. Clearly.

When we have our best team, we'll do better.

The umpiring was typical after quarter time. And was it my imagination or were the bulldogs playing pot-shotting our players all the time??? I think it made our players look a bit soft which is disappointing.

Positives for me were Jamie Elliot is a star. Brilliant.
Cloke, yes, kicked, six. But he only does that against poor opposition. He needs to kick six against the Hawks - then I'll be impressed.

And oh and anyone taking a pot shot at Collingwood supporters is being really unfair. We aren't the ones who were on the field and made the team lose today. And we have every right to be frustrated with the effort from players who should have done better. We all know who they are.

Bring on the Dawks. Anything could happen next week. Our club, coach and players need a fire cracker up their backside this week and hopefully they get it and come out and bloody win.

What is pot shotting???

Beast 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Disposal efficiency isn't Adams' biggest problem, his lack of game sense is much worse.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:12 pm
Post subject: Re: pies v dogsReply with quote

orie wrote:
MattyD wrote:
okay, I'm starting to calm down a bit. So back to my usual posts whinging about umpires and such.

We lost at the selection table.

Yes, quite a few experienced players did very little today.

But that backline looked ridiculous. Against almost any other team and we would been slaughtered.

It was embarrassing that the Collingwood crowd were getting so frustrated in the last quarter that players were just ignoring other players who had space and were running. This happened many times.

But a reality check is in order.

This is a new team. Like many of us said after the Freo game in Round 1. I had fully prepared myself for this to be a rebuild year. It's just since that game there has been steady improvement and we've won enough games to be in contention for Top 4. So our hopes have been raised.

But this is the reality. You can't say the season is over. That's just silly. The team that was out there today is not our best team. Clearly.

When we have our best team, we'll do better.

The umpiring was typical after quarter time. And was it my imagination or were the bulldogs playing pot-shotting our players all the time??? I think it made our players look a bit soft which is disappointing.

Positives for me were Jamie Elliot is a star. Brilliant.
Cloke, yes, kicked, six. But he only does that against poor opposition. He needs to kick six against the Hawks - then I'll be impressed.

And oh and anyone taking a pot shot at Collingwood supporters is being really unfair. We aren't the ones who were on the field and made the team lose today. And we have every right to be frustrated with the effort from players who should have done better. We all know who they are.

Bring on the Dawks. Anything could happen next week. Our club, coach and players need a fire cracker up their backside this week and hopefully they get it and come out and bloody win.

What is pot shotting???

Having sneaky shots at them? So we get caught out retaliating I'm guessing

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:23 pm
Post subject: heyReply with quote

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
we've blown top 4 now (again).

If that's true then heads must roll. I blame the Board!

MattyD 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:26 pm
Post subject: Re: pies v dogsReply with quote

orie wrote:
What does " pot shoting" mean??

LOL maybe i made those words up.

You know what I meant. Taking shots at our players, like being overly rough. The umps were onto it in the first quarter but then let a lot of it go later.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pot+shot

2. (Hunting) a shot fired to kill game in disregard of the rules of sport
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Bloody hell, has young taylor adams become the new Jason wild or Stephen Patterson with some of you lot ?? Give the kid a break, he did ok, needs to learn more, and there were far worse than him out there today, with heaps of games, one of em dined out with mick gatto. No names, no pack drill.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: