Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies tie again. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice how much like Noble Richards looks?
Harrison is going to be a gun

piffdog 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:28 pm

Shame to miss the other two points and the additional injuries carry a bit more weight (again…).
Thought Harrison and Richards absolutely held their own and I feel for Sullivan. He’ll potentially feel he cost us the game , but we had our chances to well and truly put it to bed as others have stated.
It’s funny how often a boring as batshit team like Freo (remember Saints game in Adelaide for gather round last year also) put you to sleep watching until they know they’re likely to lose and then they throw caution to the wind.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:42 pm

The more I mull over this match the more angry I get.

Okay, let's say straight off that all we needed to do was kick one more goal in the last and we'd have won the game. We fell into the same trap Hawthorn did in the last against Port. We should have won the game, BUT, we were down to two on the bench for the entire last quarter, and we'd already been decimated by injuries before the game. The fact we were in with a real winning chance was full credit to the players' efforts. Fly is 100% right there. Yes we missed some easy shots. All that is true.

BUT.... we still got robbed on national TV. And not just by the bald maggot <snip>. No it was the earlier failure to act on the review when Q clearly touched the ball. Seven showed the ARC footage that clearly showed the ball was touched, but "nothing to see here."

No I'm angry and pissed at the AFL this morning. And if they get their wish to hand the flag to their pet Swans, then I'll wring somebody's neck!
shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:46 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
The only rule possibly broken was “time wasting”. Very hard to argue that was time wasting so not even a free “by the letter of the law”. Very poor decision

The clock had already been stopped (fact), so how could this possibly be time wasting. Once the umpire got the ball back he restarts the clock and bounces the ball. So this idea of time wasting is a pure LIE. <snip – try to reel things in a bit. Thanks, BBMods.>

Oh and by the way. Those muppets calling for extra time in a tied game we would certainly have lost those 2 valuable points had we played for any longer. The remaining players were out on their feet. 2 points is the least we deserved!
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Dunno WTF we're going to do next week to replace Cox and Checkers. Begg and Steene are both injured, Reef should come in but we may have to play one or both of Kreuger or Ash.

I wouldn’t mind seeing both Ash and Krueger in the same side. Ash is silky and Krueger is a bull which should work well considering our other options are injured.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 1:53 pm

The AFL have put out a statement but can’t seem to find it. There are a few articles posting excerpts from the statement.

This one from the AFL website: https://www.afl.com.au/news/1136678/league-ticks-off-controversial-pies-umpiring-call/amp

In a statement on Saturday, the AFL said "time-wasting" was correctly paid against Sullivan for handing the ball to another player rather than the umpire.

The league confirmed time-wasting free kicks had been paid four times previously this season.

DT 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 2:08 pm

I was angry about the second half performance against Hawthorn but not the performance last week or last night. With no injuries we win both of those matches comfortably.

Harrison just looks like he belongs. He is getting better each week. Quick, great pressure and has good skills and game awareness.
Richards - I love clean players - wonder whether one of the issues with Macrae is that he isn't as clean and can fumble a bit?
Hopefully McInnes and Howe can return next week. And I suspect Mihocek may only miss one week. Cox was already banged up before last night so a rest will do him good.

The real worry is the lack of any viable back up Ruckman and the abysmal form of AJ and Kreuger.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:06 pm

F W I W, the Dockers were without two of their best 22 players - Michael Frederick and Brennan Cox. All things equal, I’d enjoy any opportunity to play against them again this season.
derkd 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 3:28 pm

DT wrote:
^And I suspect Mihocek may only miss one week

Incorrect, Brody has damaged the same hamstring again...the club rushed him back too quick...he is 31...he needs 4 to 5 weeks. If we want him back and playing out the season...the club needs to show extreme caution now...history shows if a player does one and it isn't managed correctly ..it can be a chronic problem..and given his age...we need to be very patient

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:17 pm

Tony Shaw: Matthew Nicholls’ free kick was ‘over the top officiating’
https://www.3aw.com.au/tony-shaw-matthew-nicholls-free-kick-was-over-the-top-officiating/

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:18 pm

Firstly anyone who thought Freo on their home deck before their home crowd would be an easy kill had rocks in their head.

Yes that umpiring decision was stupidly officious but I think that's all it was. That dimwit had a brain fart is all. Did it cost us the game? It didnt help but we were still 14 points up after that goal with ample time to win it.

I thought we did damn well actually. Five day break, 6 or 7 rookie players, in game injuries, a top class opposition on their home deck in WA. That for most teams is a recipe for a massacre but we almost stole the four points. We ran out of legs at the end and looked sluggish early, and as some have pointed went defensive way too early with predictable results. Note to Fly: "The best form of defence is attack".

I was really happy with the teams performance overall. The only bummer maybe was Schultz who looked mentally unprepared for the pressure of playing against his old team. I think Freo moved into his head earlier in the week after their statements about him and stayed there all game. That said his miss in the last could have sealed it and with his kicking skills he should have nailed it. But then so should have Mihocek, Hill and Sullivan in the second quarter. That's how it goes. Bad kicking loses matches as always. That's what beat us in the end, not the umpires.

Cameron was great all game in the ruck and around the ground. His marking pressure was superb. Lipinski was excellent, and is showing this year what he is capable of when fit. Pendles battled hard (with injury) as did Sidebottom. However in high speed, high pressure games Sidebottom gets exposed for speed of movement and mind at times. In easier games we cover for him but games like this its not possible. If we didnt have injuries maybe he might have been rested, I dont know.

All the kids did really well, though Allen hasn't found the pace of senior football yet I thought. Dean looks like he is a natural lock in defence. He even looks like a typical defender hehe. Harrison, Richards, and Sullivan all did excellently though Sullivan needs to work on his finishing. With a little presence of mind he might have had two goals to his name. Parker looks like he might have something but need to see more of him developing I guess.

IQ has lifted significantly and that might be his best game this year (Also he admitted he didnt touch that ball - he's a smart footballer though trying that hehe). Noble was top class as was Darcy Moore. Same with Billy who looked like he enjoyed his move on the ball and forward I thought and showed he is a more viable forward pinch hitter at times. We missed Oleg who has been playing more a lock down role this year and that allowed Freo to play through Sidebottom more. Longmuir is a smart coach and would have advised his players to do that.

ND and JD both had good games I thought, Nick was a little off but I suspect like everyone else he is a bit fatigued from our schedule. Brodie was massive in that third quarter, his attack on the ball was awesome. Bobby was always dangerous when he got near the ball too. McCreery was still a little off. not surprising he has been average at best all year. I think moving him onto the ball is a good move. He needs to give us more and on the ball is the place to do it.

Im happy we got the two points and I think both sides can hold their heads high after that 100% tussle. We seem to enjoy playing them as they do us and the game was played in a pretty good spirit mostly. Next week is going to be a real challenge and it might be hard for us to be sharp and ready for the contest next week. Our young players are playing well but will have ordinary performances sometimes - we have to expect that and not go crazy on them when it happens. Im still confident we can win next week as the Dogs aren't as good as Freo or even Adelaide. They will be looking for the kill but Im hoping our wounded Magpies can do the job again.

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:20 pm

Caroline Wilson and Leigh Matthews weigh in on the controversial Matthew Nicholls free kick
https://www.3aw.com.au/caroline-wilson-and-leigh-matthews-weigh-in-on-the-controversial-matthew-nicholls-free-kick/

Pete 70 

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:04 pm

I’m still bitter and twisted. There is so much shit against us they let go. Let’s do the counter factual. No free. Ball up. Possibly they kick a goal but statistically unlikely given how that has gone for them during the game, so the ball bobbles around 30 seconds pass, point. Anyone really thinking they win from this point. **** me some kid from Coburg will get a run with us this week. We have 17 injuries. And we own them. Game over - and then up steps the muppet. I seriously thiink we can go back to back if we can jag top 4, and I love the kids coming through.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 8:59 am

FACT, if we can get to point of being 25 points up, late in match, with massive injuries, 17 players out, with six kids playing ten games between them, in the side, IMAGINE how far in front we wouldhave been with JDG, elliott, WHE, Howe in the team, we would have been 45 points up , maybe 55, even, on Freos home deck too. Dockers VERY lucky to draw that one, only with a little help from their friends, the yellow maggot. Yeh we finish top 4, look out !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:21 am

Kids playing well.
So many injuries.
*&^%$# umpires.
Freo at home, been in good form.

Not bad to return home with 2 points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: