Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mightypies90 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
Haff wrote:
^ Appreciate it Piedys. I’m good with how I barrack.
I don’t like when we get to this thread and this stuff takes over. Rather talk about the game.

I make no claims to being Patron Saint of Balanced Barracking.

I'm not capable of tolerating complacent footballers; if i'm not seeing 100% buy-in from players to the task at hand, then i'm off the leash.

The problem is you don’t understand the modern game, and you abuse players whose roles you have no idea of what they are. We were down because of our structure. Frampton should have started back. Howe up forward and Reef as a starting forward not the sub. Jaith should have been the sub. Once we made those changes and tweaked the centre players, the game turned. Modern football is a very momentum oriented game, you can’t play 100% for 4 quarters.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:08 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Every Collingwood 4th Quarter Goal As They Roll North Melbourne | Triple M Footy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlKxk2RLTEE&pp=ygULQ29sbGluZ3dvb2Q%3D

Who says Daisy’s not a Pies man?

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:11 pm

Well. Just popped the Defibrillator into the cupboard after that game. That was amazing. Not happy with the start as the players would have to agree but these boys just dont give up. 4 points. Reload and on to the back half of the season.
Go Pies

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:15 pm

mightypies90 wrote:
piedys wrote:
Haff wrote:
^ Appreciate it Piedys. I’m good with how I barrack.
I don’t like when we get to this thread and this stuff takes over. Rather talk about the game.

I make no claims to being Patron Saint of Balanced Barracking.

I'm not capable of tolerating complacent footballers; if i'm not seeing 100% buy-in from players to the task at hand, then i'm off the leash.

The problem is you don’t understand the modern game, and you abuse players whose roles you have no idea of what they are. We were down because of our structure.
Frampton should have started back. Howe up forward and Reef as a starting forward not the sub. Jaith should have been the sub. Once we made those changes and tweaked the centre players, the game turned.
Modern football is a very momentum oriented game, you can’t play 100% for 4 quarters.

Ummm... i DO understand the modern game actually.
I get cranky with players who don't apply themselves, and don't get near the pill for two quarters, while the opposition, in this instance cellar dwelling rabble, made the reigning premier look like they were playing drunk.

All those positional moves you mentioned were painfully obvious by the second quarter; regardless they had ZERO impact on our midfields lack of pressure and dog-trotting after the football. That is lack of application to winning the ball, not structural errors by coaching staff.

Yes, very hard to play at 100% for four quarters agreed; not even competition front-runners and media darlings Sydney can produce that.
Momentum swings are evident in many games each round.

Bottom line: we are the reigning premiers; not these Poveroos. Play like it.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:24 pm

^Meh. You get those days, especially as a reigning premier, but you're normally not playing a great handful of youngsters, and haven't played them for a great portion of the season meaning everyone else is exhausted from carrying an extra load. Have you watched the post-match presser? Everything and more you noticed the coaches also noticed. Listen to the footage Fly said they showed the players at half time.

It's not hard-nosed to think you can walk over teams playing so many newbs, with a fraction of a forward line and a list that was already thin, exhausted heading into a bye, with a fiercely competitive oppo coach who would love nothing more to assert himself over you, yet still snaring the win in a near-record come back. It's self-entitled.

Go and watch Bruzzy's interview on telly after the game and your mood will shift in an instant.

Last edited by pietillidie on Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:26 pm

I'm actually not interested in arguing with those supporters who tossed in the towel early in the game. That's their right. That's their problem. Live with it.

However, I am always ashamed of supposed 'supporters' who personally attack any of our players, regardless of how bad they are playing. It's fine to be disappointed, and to point out our weaknesses, including a lack of intensity. But....NEVER EVER accuse our players of being weak or not trying.

Finally, I don't intend to call out any Nicksters, for their disrespectful and weak kneed in-game comments. They will no doubt be highly embarrassed by their own immaturity, without me needing to call them out.

As for the game itself.

For 2 1/2 quarters the Roos dominated all over the ground. As they got further in front, they grew in confidence and momentum was running their way. As always, however, it's the midfield which matters.

The game was ultimately won by an across the board effort, but particularly from Nick Daicos, Crisp, Sidey and McCreery. Oh, and a 5 goal haul from Bobby Hill and 4 majors from Sarge.

Obviously we'll be a much improved team with the return of Pendles, JDG and Checkers. My main worry, is that our captain seems to be having an ordinary (by his lofty standards) season so far, and he needs to get his mojo back soon.

This win will give our team enormous self belief when we return after the bye.

From being devastated and depressed at our first half performance, I finished the game on an absolute high. That's footy. Go Pies.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
My main worry, is that our captain seems to be having an ordinary (by his lofty standards) season so far, and he needs to get his mojo back soon.

His game is built around a much more powerful midfield. Assess him closer to the pointy end.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:36 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
To all the supporters who were hurling abuse at the players and left the ground at 3 quarter time — **** off and don’t come back! Hang your heads in shame.

after all the ‘get out of jail’ wins this incredible team has produced in the last 2 years, why would any Collingwood supporter with half a brain leave a game at 3qtr time?

We’re NEVER out of it. Proved it again today.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:39 pm

I think Framp should stay back.
Maybe move The captain to the backflank.
Amazing win.
As I said in the pregame thread TJ is too light to play this year.
He will be a good player in the next few years.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:41 pm

Kind of a feeling that we doged a bullet feeling.
Get the 4 points and run.
Amazing get out of jail match.
Still i can not belive it.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:43 pm

Just a side note, Coxy is more important than people realise. He's a role player, and his role is messing with the opposition when they get on top, particularly by stopping run-ons, positioning awkwardly and using his height to mess with the oppo ruck in tandem with our mids who know how this works.

That option wasn't there today when North were dominating in the middle.

Up forward, he does a similar thing because it takes a good tall defender to counter him, creating opportunities for others, though the ruck is where this is most effective.

When he's got his rhythm going, ideally he's rucking half of the game. When we're losing, we start seeing him as a traditional tall and expect more, especially as we have a thin list, but again that's not his role. So, ironically, his best football comes in the most important games against the best opposition when we're playing well. You can bet your last cent Fly is wanting him right for the end of the year.

We're just not used to seeing a ruck as a role player, but don't forget the way Matthews used to use Keating in finals. Keating had bulk, Coxy has reach and more bulk than we think given his height. And you absolutely want that option.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:57 pm

^ no argument from me. Been saying much the same when people post best 23 finals team and leave him out.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:01 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^Meh. You get those days, especially as a reigning premier, but you're normally not playing a great handful of youngsters, and haven't played them for a great portion of the season meaning everyone else is exhausted from carrying an extra load.

Hey, I get where you are coming from, BUT aren't Roos also loaded up with youngsters as well? And only a spattering of experienced senior hardened bodies? Are the likes of McDonald, Shiel etc also tired from carrying the load?
Or are they all just collectively plain sick and tired of losing each week, thus throwing caution to the wind and trying to beat us at our own game?

pietillidie wrote:
Have you watched the post-match presser? Everything and more you noticed the coaches also noticed. Listen to the footage Fly said they showed the players at half time.

No, but I'll try to source it next couple of days... you got me curious

pietillidie wrote:
It's not hard-nosed to think you can walk over teams playing so many newbs, with a fraction of a forward line and a list that was already thin, exhausted heading into a bye, ... yet still snaring the win in a near-record come back. It's self-entitled.

I didn't expect a walk-over; I sounded a warning late today in pre-match thread as to statistically who Roos' danger players were with clearance stats from the 2022 and 2023 games to demonstrate not to underestimate them:

Well, there's this bloke called Davies-Uniacke; he didn't play against us in 2023, we got off lucky.

In 2022, he ran rampant against us at MCG: 33 gets including 12 clearances. He made our mids look inept in the centre.
Simpkin also had 31 gets and 12 clearances. Jed Anderson, also 33 and 6 clearances. They won overall clearances 40/33; Stats above in url.

in 2023, Greenwood had 25 and 10 clearances; Will Phillips 29 gets and 5 clearances. Baffling how neither of them are in their best 22 going into this week. Bailey Scott amassed 30 gets.
They [again] won overall clearances 35/33; Stats above in url.

Something very wrong with this pattern emerging ...

We are without a number of mids, and a large percentage of players who goaled against the Pauperoos in these previous two games.
It will again take a collective buy-in to again get us a win here.
A percentage booster would be nice, but I wouldn't go betting the farm on it.

Let's keep the hubris to a minimum, and beware and respectful of LDU.

... Simpkin, Sheezel and Wardlaw are maniacs, and generate much of their intensity at the pill. Proceed with caution...

pietillidie wrote:
Go and watch Bruzzy's interview on telly after the game and your mood will shift in an instant.

That I did see; he looked in no fit mental state to be turning up to play a milestone game today, considering the recent loss he suffered, thus the arm bands...

aus50ford 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:06 pm

stoliboy wrote:
Every Collingwood 4th Quarter Goal As They Roll North Melbourne | Triple M Footy
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlKxk2RLTEE&pp=ygULQ29sbGluZ3dvb2Q%3D

Love Daisy's reactions ...

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:08 pm

Presti35 wrote:
We're really looking at that bye. I think we can still beat the Dogs who have injuries of their own. The Dees will be the tough one. Then we face the Roos before the bye. Once we're at Gold Coast, 9 of the 15 are back with 2 more another week off.

We can beat the Dogs. We can beat the Roos. Dees, dunno.

I was thinking about this comment all game.

Well, we went 2-1.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 8 of 14   

Jump to: