Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
For what its worth, I just think a one week spell in the VFL might do Trav a lot of good right now, try to get some confidence and his mojo back again. Free him up a bit. Why not relegate him for one week, and give this Karnevis a go, or even Kyle Martin, see how they handle it, we are only playing the Aints, time for a bit of experimentation. Give Trav a run in the magoos to get back his form, may well fire him up.

I'd agree with this if we weren't playing a rabble. Can play himself into form against the aints. If he has a dirty day against that mob, then back to the twos.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:06 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
For what its worth, I just think a one week spell in the VFL might do Trav a lot of good right now, try to get some confidence and his mojo back again. Free him up a bit. Why not relegate him for one week, and give this Karnevis a go, or even Kyle Martin, see how they handle it, we are only playing the Aints, time for a bit of experimentation. Give Trav a run in the magoos to get back his form, may well fire him up.

And if he doesn't go well, what will that do for him?

Couldn't be any worse than it is now could it?

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
melliot 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Just by watching bits of coverage in the replay when he is off the ball, he doesn't look right. Not the 2nd efforts like normal. I suspect he is carrying something.

He isn't working like normal.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:18 pm

If he is injured we should play him right in front of the goals - at least one defender would have to mind him even with a possible injury!

And anyway he still slotted home the pressure goal when it counted!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Has had a knee injury that's being managed, right?

Could explain why he's staying inside the 50 more. Did get up the ground a bit yesterday though, but does seem to be lacking pace.

BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:24 pm

OK....,let's just lose the odd game till he gets in form,....... not in our best 22 at the mo,..drop him ,his form is joke 'end of story.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:30 pm

I agree that Cloke is not playing well but he could not be considered as a candidate to be dropped ahead of White who has been quite pathetic up forward 2 games in a row.
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:33 pm

You can't just drop Cloke without replacing him with someone who can play key forward... White is not in great form either so we just don't have the luxury to run Cloke into form in the magoos... he has to do it against the aints!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Caro made a good point (yes she does it occasionally) that it's pretty poor for a highly paid footballer in Cloke to be considered done for the day if he doesn't start well.

Now did Cloke admit that himself or is that the outside perception?

Either way this year you'd have to say there's some truth to it and he's being seen as mentally fragile.

Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:05 pm

How does Cloke get a game?
He is embarrassing and does not deserve a spot.
Bring in Karnezis and/or Martin.

Cloke has no 1st effort, no 2nd effort, and stands there watching the game.

Every player must earn their spot. How can anyone say Cloke deserves his place in the team?
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:13 pm

I remember the days when he used to get the ball at ground level and use the big don't argue, haven't seen that for ages, he's currently a liability.

You like this.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Can't believe he hasn't been dropped. We shouldn't reward mediocrity. All that we hear is it's delivery etc into the forward line. That is shite. It's clearly good enough although we do need more penetration from long kicks off the wing, not get caught going sideways.
He simply didn't chase last night and just laboured all night and had ineffective leads. Watch the replays over the past 4 weeks if in any doubt.

His issues are clearly above the shoulders. I guarantee we'll read about this before the year is out but doubt it'll be during the season. Mohawk, red nail polish. FFS, he's a head case at the moment. Dies he have a missus?
Drop him to the magoos and let him prove he still wants it bad enough.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Defender wrote:
Doc63 wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

And if he doesn't go well, what will that do for him?

Couldn't be any worse than it is now could it?

If Reid was ready, and match fit, I'd agree with you. And he may be needed down back now. I don't think there is a suitable replacement at the moment. We would have to completely re-jig the forward line.

I suppose its worth a try. If he doesn't turn it around soon, its going to cost a game sooner or later.

Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:25 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
Can't believe he hasn't been dropped. We shouldn't reward mediocrity. All that we hear is it's delivery etc into the forward line. That is shite. It's clearly good enough although we do need more penetration from long kicks off the wing, not get caught going sideways.
He simply didn't chase last night and just laboured all night and had ineffective leads. Watch the replays over the past 4 weeks if in any doubt.

His issues are clearly above the shoulders. I guarantee we'll read about this before the year is out but doubt it'll be during the season. Mohawk, red nail polish. FFS, he's a head case at the moment. Dies he have a missus?
Drop him to the magoos and let him prove he still wants it bad enough.

Maybe he putts from the rough.

You like this.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Just imagine what Senior would say if Trav actually got dropped. Might be worth doing, just to see his response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: