Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Marley (not) to return next Sunday

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Malta Leo

RIP Flip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:51 pm

King Malta wrote:

All we need now is some political discussion and we can break out the choc tops.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:40 pm
Post subject: Re: yesReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
laird wrote:
As someone who has spent/wasted time in prison and now regularly visits/speaks in prisons, it would be impossible for Marley to focus on footy right now.
I have seen many young men who think they are tough, simply fold, literally wet themselves, throw up, pass out upon arrival at prison.
Hearing today that Marley is not able to focus on footy is certainly no surprise. It breaks my heart that a young man I have met and think very highly of, is going through this emotional hell that will only grow stronger within him as each day passes until sentencing.

Marley Williams is a ripping young man who I know for a fact is extremely remorseful and wishes more than anything that he could just go back in time and take it all back - especially the pain he has caused ALL!

Marley has got and will get so much more from his work with the Salvos than prison could ever give him.
The homeless, hungry, poor, lonely, lost and abused- when you come face to face with this harsh reality, as Marley has, it literally rocks the little world you live in. He realises he is privileged and he realised this within his first half hour working with the Salvos.
From the incident to this day, Marley Williams HAS grown up rapidly.
He currently lives every second of every day in fear of his unknown future.
Personally, I think this is more than enough on his plate right now.

I humbly ask all that pray (to any God) to simply spend time in prayer for this lovely young man.

Make no mistake - he is worth it!!

Vaya con Dios Marls.

Well spoken. You nailed it. This bloke does not deserve to serve time. The Court needs to balance his youth, lack of priors, provocation, and prospects for a clean life. At the very worst he should get a community based order. Collingwood need to stick by him too. The AFL surely can focus on bigger fish, like drug cheating at a Club level out in the North. Hey! Say what! We should support this kid. He deserves it. You have my support son. Keep your chin up. We are with you. Side by Side.

Would Community Service in Corio be too harsh a penalty Hiss?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:45 pm

The decision has been made, end of story.

Best of luck with it Marley, look fwd to having you rejoin the team asap.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:19 pm

had a quick chat to marley tonight. he was in excellent spirits which was great to see.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:40 pm

Nice to read JW
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 am

John Wren wrote:
had a quick chat to marley tonight. he was in excellent spirits which was great to see.

He said the overwhelming support he had received from the club and Collingwood supporters was fantastic. Luckily I dont think he had read Nick's.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:40 am

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:

He said the overwhelming support he had received from the club and Collingwood supporters was fantastic. Luckily I dont think he had read Nick's.

I'm sure most players have better things to do than read a fan forum that seems to degrade into a pissing contest in nearly every thread.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Stupied wrote:
Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:

I'm sure most players have better things to do than read a fan forum that seems to degrade into a pissing contest in nearly every thread.

As usual you miss the point.

Sometimes this looks and reads like an anti Collingwood supporters forum due to the eternal pessimism and constant negativity...... Rolling Eyes
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:19 pm

No, I got it. I just don't think that statements about players reading fan forums is relevant, since it's unlikely many would be narcissistic enough to try and find threads about themselves on the interwebs.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Stupied wrote:
No, I got it. I just don't think that statements about players reading fan forums is relevant, since it's unlikely many would be narcissistic enough to try and find threads about themselves on the interwebs.

Maybe not but unless you are a newbie, you would know that John Anthony's father was a regular poster here in the days he played at Collingwood. Also while he was away, a close mate of Marty Clarke used to post here frequently and update us on his progress back in Ireland. There must be other examples other posters might recall. So it is extremely naive to think that at least family members and close friends dont read forums in this day and age of social communication via the internet.

Hence my comment that in recent times, this forum definitely presents as an anti Collingwood forum with the "perceptive fellow" sooking about anything and everything, especially after a couple of losses in practice matches of all things.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Stupied 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Whatever Lazza. Half the things you regard on this forum that are supposedly anti collingwood seem to just be legit criticism, and the other half are simply opposing viewpoints to yours, that although may not favour Marley, are hardly anti collingwood sentiments.

As for the dopes who sook about practice match performances, well they've been around since the dawn of time. I find it's easier to break out the popcorn and have a laugh at them instead of taking the bait. Especially when it comes to guys like Hiss, who will pick a target and post exactly what they know will get a reaction. You my friend, are one of his consistent targets.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Stupied wrote:
Whatever Lazza. Half the things you regard on this forum that are supposedly anti collingwood seem to just be legit criticism, and the other half are simply opposing viewpoints to yours, that although may not favour Marley, are hardly anti collingwood sentiments.

As for the dopes who sook about practice match performances, well they've been around since the dawn of time. I find it's easier to break out the popcorn and have a laugh at them instead of taking the bait. Especially when it comes to guys like Hiss, who will pick a target and post exactly what they know will get a reaction. You my friend, are one of his consistent targets.

All that is necessary for fools to triumph is for good Collingwood people to sit on their arse and do nothing........ Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
buzzlightyear 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:42 pm

Murray Newman (WCE) has just received a 12 month jail sentence for GBH. Just reported on SEN.....
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:15 pm

I'd play him on Friday. We need him and um... I don't care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: