Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cloke.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupied wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Stupied wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Fire Up wrote:
im going to get shot down for saying this BUT

drop him to vfl, clearly out of form.

Get your Protection on Mate. said that the last 2 weeks

And you would have been right if there was a genuine alternative. As it is, with Reid still out and White not firing, we need him for team structure, regardless of his form.

We are playing St Kilda this week. If there's any opportunity to turn is form around in the ones, the next few games are the ones to do it in.

How about have 1 of Witts or Grundy playing Full time Forward Then?

Seriously? Neither of them are genuine forward threats. They'll need to improve their contested marking a hell of a lot before they could even be considered. Face it Dave. Cloke is in until Reid returns at an absolute minimum.

Guys, Witts actually has been playing FF majority of the time.
Cloke has been getting caught in no man's land quite a bit.

I'd love for him to be excused from following his man up to the wing/HB and participating in the zone/press/flood. Leave him inside forward 50 where he can actually lead out from the goalsquare.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Just imagine what Senior would say if Trav actually got dropped. Might be worth doing, just to see his response.

Every journo in town would be calling him for a quote.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Just imagine what Senior would say if Trav actually got dropped. Might be worth doing, just to see his response.

Lol.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Defender wrote:
[quote="LaurieHolden"]Can't believe he hasn't been dropped. We shouldn't reward mediocrity. All that we hear is it's delivery etc into the forward line. That is shite. It's clearly good enough although we do need more penetration from long kicks off the wing, not get caught going sideways.
He simply didn't chase last night and just laboured all night and had ineffective leads. Watch the replays over the past 4 weeks if in any doubt.

His issues are clearly above the shoulders. I guarantee we'll read about this before the year is out but doubt it'll be during the season. Mohawk, red nail polish. FFS, he's a head case at the moment. Dies he have a missus?
Drop him to the magoos and let him prove he still wants it bad enough.[/quote]

Maybe he putts from the rough.
Just surf somewhere else.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Ever since he signed his "contract that couldn't be refused" Cloke has done nothing. Drop him!
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:43 pm

Actually, he started playing well last year after he signed the contract Wink.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:47 pm

collie dog wrote:
Ever since he signed his "contract that couldn't be refused" Cloke has done nothing. Drop him!

Ummm, didn't he sign the contract at the end of 2012, then, come second in the Coleman in 2013?

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:59 pm

How does a guy who was one of the most effective contested marks in the completion end up playing like he is so far this season.

I must admit it, I just don't get it. Injured or mentally stuffed. I don't know but to be competitive at the highest level we need him at his best or at least competitive.

P.S. I don't think that this is "our" year and we need to get games into developing players and get Cloke back into the game.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Carried an injured back all pre-season and is obviously still limited by it. You can see he's not covering the ground anywhere near as well as last year. Looks very similar to Hawkins in the first half of 2013. Given our current lack of options though...not much choice but to play him.
daicos from the boundry 

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:31 pm

He just doesn't jump at the footy in a marking contest the way he use too. Needs to body his opponent more on the lead and protect the footy better. Stick his big arse out to make it harder to get around. Watched him yesterday and he's not working hard enough on his 2nd or 3rd lead ups.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:05 am

As much as the team is to blame for their inability to deliver the ball to Cloke effectively, it's just as much Cloke's fault for his inability to assert himself in the game. How do you go an hour an a half without touching the ball. I was at the game and have since watched the replay. Yes the delivery was shit but he was playing like someone devoid of all confidence in himself. I noticed that he was literally nowhere to be found, leading to the wrong spots or too early and getting easily out maneuvered in one on one contests which he'd normally dominate. I don't know if he's injured or just in a black hole but something seriously needs to be done because we can't keep him out there and just expect that he'll find form again. I say we send him away for a week, give him time away from the pressures and rigours of AFL and see if that helps. The team actually gave up kicking to him. What does that tell you all?
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 8:07 am

Now that I think about it, he kind of reminds me of Dawes in his final year when he couldn't get near the ball or assert himself on the game.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:53 am

Albert Parker wrote:
Too much time wrestling with McKenzie last night. Didn't think he was tripled teamed like others often suggest either.
A poor work rate I thought was his own worst enemy.
Thankfully he got in front in the final term and got a couple of marks.

His tall forward mate was similarly ineffective.

I wouldn't drop him. He takes a defender or two and allows others to have an easier time of it. Let's see how things go with Reid back in the team.

I think he's working his butt off but can't recall one forward entry that actually went to his advantage. McKenzie and Glass aren't mug defenders and if you give them half a sniff they generally nulify a forward. Same last week with Rutten and Talia. As for his speed, he actually lost 1 foot race against Glass that I can recall but Glass is one of the quickest players at the Weagles so need to put that into perspective.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 am

nomadjack wrote:
Carried an injured back all pre-season and is obviously still limited by it. You can see he's not covering the ground anywhere near as well as last year. Looks very similar to Hawkins in the first half of 2013. Given our current lack of options though...not much choice but to play him.

This really rings true to me. He looks very hampered in his movement.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 am

nomadjack wrote:

That's the scuttlebutt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: