Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:

Without wanting to labour the point, it’s interesting that in everyone of those last quarters highlighted above, we kicked more behinds than goals. Maybe the focus should be more on our bad kicking at goal than it is to “ fault “ the reigning premiers last quarter strategies.

I agree. Inaccuracy is a huge contributing factor to our poor scores in final quarters recently - as it has been across the rest of the game in many recent instances as well.
Fly alluded in his presser to our lack of capacity to run out games, and this no doubt is due to the players we have had to call upon entering the team with only VFL experience. Fly also mentioned in his presser that these guys will improve in their capacity to run out games, as they accustom themselves to the AFL level of intensity. He gave a time frame for this as well: 2 to 3 weeks.

By the way P2016, i read in another post of yours that you believe that this is not our year, and we should accept it for what it is. The current injury crisis certainly suggests this conclusion, but I won't give up on this year yet. The ladder is incredibly tight (except for the Swans, who justifiably are Premiership favourites). But anything can happen: injury crises can devastate other teams; moreover none of our injuries are long term, and finally Fly and the assistant coaches are extraordinarily skilful in developing self-belief within the team, and formulating practical game day strategies which keep us in the hunt even with such a depleted squad. I am keeping my hopes up, and believe that this year is not done with yet. (Hopeful emoji)

gurugeoff 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:14 pm

He has signed on to play college basketball next year, so he is in no rush to get in.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:18 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
^

What a barrel of laughs you must be at home.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:18 pm

^ Yes, you’d have to wonder what the reaction would be if the team had lost more than 1 of its last 9 games.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:37 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
^

Doom and gloom, oh woe is me, woe. what rubbish, Stephenson is shithouse at Nth, I know Nth fans who loathe him, and Ginnivan did sweet FA in the GF. Draft is full of mishaps, all team, the Tigers overlooked Buddy for Tambling, for instance. How the hell do you know what Wright will do, and pain and misery for next 3 yrs what garbage. We do have great kids in Harrison, Richards, Sullivan , McInnes, DeMattia could be anything, and Steen.. Hawks depended on old Gunston today too, five goals, hes been around for ages, and look at theCats, a perpetual olderteam. We will have a shit load of cash soon, with prbable retirements of Howe, sidey, Cox few delistings,, we have a war chest of $5 milllion, according to the footy scribes,so we can recruit big time, and next season McStay will be back on deck. Jeezus, we lose a close match with 15 injuries, and the fuckingsky falls in, bloody unreal. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:45 pm

think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
A few of you have lost the plot - Collingwood just lost for the first time since March, despite all the injuries, and you suddenly have $�$%^%%$ North as a danger game. Do try to keep a passing connection with reality, please.

lol yup!!! this

Spot on, well said, lose one match by lousy 3 snags, an all hell breaks loose, 15 injured players, second most to Tigers, we basically had no forward line to speak of last night, gave welfare dogs a big scare though. Some of you need to HTFU, take a good long look at yourselves, and the ponitificating utter drivel you come up with. Unfucking real . Surprised Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:10 am

Boot wrote:
Special mention to Darcy Cameron for his game...

Nice one Boot. Other than the AFL coaches votes, Darcy Cameron must be high up in our B&F this year. He has been consistently good for us this year in the ruck and taking marks and helping out around the ground. Hasn't had as many shots at goals in the past couple of years yet. Maybe he's saving that for the second half of the season.

A very important member of our team on the field and off the field.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:24 am

The Black and White Lion wrote:
Boot wrote:
Special mention to Darcy Cameron for his game...

Nice one Boot. Other than the AFL coaches votes, Darcy Cameron must be high up in our B&F this year. He has been consistently good for us this year in the ruck and taking marks and helping out around the ground. Hasn't had as many shots at goals in the past couple of years yet. Maybe he's saving that for the second half of the season.

A very important member of our team on the field and off the field.

He's been great this year. On Friday night it looked like he got whacked on the head a number of times in ruck duels and marking contests. He just keeps coming back and puts in 100%.

think better 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:37 am

Nick Daicos broke THREE records at Marvel Stadium last night...
1️⃣ Fastest player to record 30+ disposals against all 17 opposing clubs.
2️⃣ Passed Nathan Buckley's club record of 15 clearances in a single game.
3️⃣ Broke the Collingwood record for most contested possessions in a single game (27).

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:06 am

think better wrote:
3️⃣ Broke the Collingwood record for most contested possessions in a single game (27).

And he did it getting illegally held all night too!
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:34 am

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
A few of you have lost the plot - Collingwood just lost for the first time since March, despite all the injuries, and you suddenly have $�$%^%%$ North as a danger game. Do try to keep a passing connection with reality, please.

lol yup!!! this

Spot on, well said, lose one match by lousy 3 snags, an all hell breaks loose, 15 injured players, second most to Tigers, we basically had no forward line to speak of last night, gave welfare dogs a big scare though. Some of you need to HTFU, take a good long look at yourselves, and the ponitificating utter drivel you come up with. Unfucking real . Surprised Rolling Eyes

Leaving aside injuries or not, if I recall correctly...North gave us very real problems last year..we only won by seven points.

So no matter who is playing, we will need to put up a better effort than last year.

derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:35 am

Piesnchess wrote:
think positive wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

lol yup!!! this

Leaving aside injuries or not, if I recall correctly...North gave us very real problems last year..we only won by seven points.

So no matter who is playing, we will need to put up a better effort than last year.

shawthing Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:52 am

Always interesting how this site divides between the half glass full and the half glass empty crowd. The truth lies in between. I'll just let the season pan out and frankly unless we get a significant number of the cavalry back we're not going to make the eight (have you seen our draw after the bye?).

In any case we'll give it our best shot, but no one wants us to qualify in eighth spot, and lose to Freo in Perth in an elimination final. Better to reboot for next year with a fit squad and hopefully a few recruited forwards.

But let's see how the season pans out.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:22 pm

derkd wrote:

While I don’t disagree with your comments about having to be switched on, I think we need to put Norths on field capabilities in some sort of context. They haven’t won a game all year and have an AVERAGE losing margin of 54 points after 11 games. The difference between North of last year and this year is that last year they had some sort of semblance of a backline. This year without McKay and Logue, they have genuinely close to the worst backline in AFL history. If we get it inside our own 50, it will almost be impossible not to score. That’s not to say we don’t kick twenty behinds on the day but there’s also every chance we would still win if we did.
The real concern with North, is that once again, several perennial under performing clubs will be gifted 2 games against them in one season. We could easily miss out on the eight simply because of the above lop sided draw, particularly with percentage coming into play once again. The only good news is that, for those teams who do fall into the eight on the back of playing North twice, they will get their rude awakening in Sept.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:00 pm

think better wrote:

We're blessed to have a generational talent on our hands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: