Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Nick's Struggling Under the Traffic?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
pietillidie wrote:
^Dave, why do you think Nick's sells the DVDs?

NO I am just saying they Company that does Prices are Terrible.

I say if Nicks was running it the DVD's be alot better priced

Remember there are copyright laws Dave, and Nick's is trying to raise money by selling the DVDs.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:59 pm

sportingtragic wrote:
dont really have much to spare but even if only 20-50 of the regular users coughed up $10 a month, i guess that would make a difference (although perhaps im showing my naiveity - i honestly have no clue about computers and the costs involved in hosting a site etc...).

im happy to throw some money in every month. any others?

mike - cheers for your efforts as always. the account details that come up when hitting the 'keep this show on the road' link...with the bsb & acc #... am i able to bpay money to that acc? i assume so but dont want to hit send before being sure - lol

I'm having a seniors moment. Where's that damn button for "keep this show on the road"? I swear I've seen it so many times and never hit it, now I can't find it.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:06 pm

^White button top right of the main GD forum page. http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Fkn Derrrr. Mad Confused

Thanks pietillidie. I'm going senile. Sad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:22 pm

pietillidie wrote:
^White button top right of the main GD forum page. http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
\

I don't donate with Credit Card - I use Pay Pal

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:29 pm

^There is also a direct deposit option, Dave.

Direct deposit to:
Bank: Westpac
Account Name: Computer Support Tasmania
BSB: 037608
Account Number: 125812

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm happy to donate a fee monthly, and from my next pay (which is the 20th of each month) I'm going to set up a regular automatic deposit, so that I don't have to remember about it. I know i've donated in the past and then completely forgotten about it. But Nick's is to important to let it disappear.

I don't think it's too hard for most on here to afford $5 per month. If we have 3500 members, even 1/2 of them paying $5 per month would help out tremendously.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
I'm happy to donate a fee monthly, and from my next pay (which is the 20th of each month) I'm going to set up a regular automatic deposit, so that I don't have to remember about it. I know i've donated in the past and then completely forgotten about it. But Nick's is to important to let it disappear.

I don't think it's too hard for most on here to afford $5 per month. If we have 3500 members, even 1/2 of them paying $5 per month would help out tremendously.

$5 per month, $60 per year..................I pay a lot more than that for Foxtel and get more enjoyment out of this place.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:03 pm

exactly Stui!
EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Proud Pies wrote:

I'm speechless, 1250 members paying $5 per month = Mike a happy chap ($6250)
Shocked

$75k p.a
Shocked Shocked

I'd be happy to purchase the site of you for 1k.
Smile

Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:23 pm

EBB wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

I'm speechless, 1250 members paying $5 per month = Mike a happy chap ($6250)
Shocked

$75k p.a
Shocked Shocked

I'd be happy to purchase the site of you for 1k.
Smile

You're a piece of work EBB: you not only use the site regularly, you attempt to belittle people who are prepared to do something to help make it work - if the money is so good and so easy just set up your own site and charge people to use it, I'm sure they'll come flocking. I'll certainly accept your $1000 and thank you for the kind donation, but you certainly won't be getting a web site in return.

Buy a magpie mail email address and get something for your money and I'll be happy... and for those who say 'I don't need another email address' (and there are many who would rather advertise for Bigpond or Hotmail than for the magpies), I'm not going to make you use it.
EBB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:11 pm

That's nice of you Mike^

It's a free website, stop moaning! Or charge an entrance fee, simple really and then see how many stick around.

(oh and only 3 donations-gee and your attempt to make me sound BAD is overwhelming me with hurt) Rolling Eyes

Go Pies!

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:49 am

Mike,
Who much money do you actually need to keep the site running?

Maybe if we knew, we could then set a target and aim for that. I think that not knowing the costs, we get niave and think that a few donations here and there keep it going. Let us know, I think it may help.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:11 am

I was getting errors during the Hawks and Saints games, I logged on late because I had to work, and noticed a few errors in there. The Saints game was hard as the scoreboard kept going to an error page, had to refresh a few dozen times to no avail there.

But the scoreboard added the final score there anyway so I guess that was a plus.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:04 pm

How bout if, instead of worrying about how much it costs to run, people just stick some money in.

Unlike a Bigfooty (for example) there's no advertising here and it's not set up to make a profit.

Nicks is like one of those restaurants where people are asked to pay what they think is fair in return for the food. Some will choose to eat there and pay nothing, because they can. Others will put in way over the odds, and tell everyone about it, because they can. Some will choose to just pick a figure, leave some money and move on with minimal fuss.

So, if you're that way inclined; make a donation - buy a magpie mail email address; buy a DVD via the link and support the site. Or do nothing and be a user of the site, no issues no pressure.

BUT, if you don't kick in, don't criticise. That's up there with the twats who bag the government then qualify it by saying how they don't vote. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: