Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seriously, Get Nick's Off This Crap Server

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the cost of running Nicks every year btw?
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:24 am

Didaksgoal wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Would happily pay a membership for Nick's if it meant I could use the website easily whenever. Seems to lock you out when a couple hundred or so try to get in.

how much have you chipped in so far? if at all? you get it for free and you whinge, typical of the membership of this board, none of you donate, none of you buy dvd's through the link, none of you help out in any way and then have the hide to complain about the service, piss off and run your own site, run it for 15 years and come back and tell us how much it has cost you and all the about the help and support you get doing it.
ungrateful knob.

Over-the-top MagpieMad. Put a donation button up the top of every forum section. Set up paypal, credit card, whatever, you'll get way more than those dvd links. Jeez, if everyone gave $5 a month even.......................

Go the Pies (with BUX as Coach)

if you gave a shit, you'd donate as a matter of course, and wouldn't need a banner on every forum, you'd just donate a bit of dough and not wave your dick in the air telling everyone about it....which reminds me....
kickit2me Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:31 am

It ain't the server....its the software.

If we could raise $195 for version 4.0 of vBulletin this website would fly.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:39 am
Post subject: Re: Seriously, Get Nick's Off This Crap ServerReply with quote

Monco Matt wrote:

Pretty rude. Tell me how to donate and I will. I just said I'd even pay for a membership. What's your problem? No need to be so defensive, I appreciate the work you guys do but can't you at least achnowledge in a calm manner that it is frustrating when you are hitting the refresh button for 2 hours because you enjoy reading and posting on Nicks.

screw you, you've been leeching for free and you whinge about QOS.

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:41 am

Monco Matt wrote:

Monco Matt wrote:
Couldn't get on for 2 1/2 hours tonight. Sort it out ffs!! Mad Mad Mad

Monco Matt wrote:

Pretty rude. Tell me how to donate and I will. I just said I'd even pay for a membership. What's your problem? No need to be so defensive, I appreciate the work you guys do but can't you at least achnowledge in a calm manner that it is frustrating when you are hitting the refresh button for 2 hours because you enjoy reading and posting on Nicks.

artiemac Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:56 am
Post subject: Impossible to get on Last nightReply with quote

Well, I had to make do with TheAge updates.
Just gave up on Nick's. What has happened?
~Artie

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:47 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Monco Matt wrote:

Monco Matt wrote:

Well I just donated last night, now I can whinge all I like. Dic*head.

MONCO: Your life.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:05 pm
Post subject: Re: Impossible to get on Last nightReply with quote

artiemac wrote:
Well, I had to make do with TheAge updates.
Just gave up on Nick's. What has happened?
~Artie

true Artie. problem is too many posters with phallic symbols protruding from their Occipitofrontal.

If we swap to another server could some of these wankers be dropped off and placed upon the Carlton site where they belong?

And some of you call yourself supporters?

Definition for Supporter:an adherent, follower, backer, or advocate. Hmm ask yourself with all my incoherent rambling does this apply to me?

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Monco Matt wrote:

Monco Matt wrote:

you legend! so you think you have bought the right whinge now? Mike has been paying for this out of his own pocket for a decade and a half and all he gets is crap from tossers like you, if you think one donation entitles you to continue to whinge just goes to show what a self centred tosser you are.
twat.

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm up for a donation. I love Nick's and have always appreciated the great work everyone does. People ought to read Mike's posts on the origins of Nick's which I reckon is a great story.

To be honest, my barracking experience has been ruined the last two weeks. And it felt a bit crap to post here all week only to be locked out when it counts. But as MagpieMad says, that's our fault collectively for not contributing financially.

Also, please let us know what the biggest burdens are running Nick's so we can put in accordingly.

Time to roll the sleeves up for Nick's.

-----

Here's the donation link and info: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm

**the credit card donation link is at the above link

magpies.net has provided internet services to fans of the Collingwood Football Club for over ten years.
These services include:
web hosting for unofficial Collingwood fan sites
forum facilities
dedicated chat (irc) servers running channels for Collingwood fans only
free domain and web hosting for official Collingwood supporter/interest groups
email facilities for supporter groups based on the magpies.net domain name or the domain name of the group

All these services are provided free of charge to the end users.
magpies.net also hosts the incredibly successful 'Nick's Collingwood Page', the oldest, continuously running AFL web site on the net, and its associated forum, the famous 'Nick's Bulletin Board'. Nick's Collingwood Page and Nick's Bulletin Board are managed and run by the community they serve. They both have (independant) management committees made up of users of the facilities and the bulletin board is moderated by its users.

All this costs money. Nick's Collingwood Page and Bulletin Board alone upload 40-80 gbs of data into the net every month (depending on the time of the year and the team's on-field success rate) and occupy 5gb of disc space, expensive stuff on the internet. Our only source of income is through sales of email addresses on the magpies.net domain - (Magpie Mail) and commission on DVD and video sales through Sports Delivered.
Please note that in order for commission to be paid you must connect to Sports Delivered using a link from this web site - like the banner link on the front of the Bulletin Board or the link above.

Donations of any amount are also gratefully accepted in any of the following ways:
Cheque or money order made payable to 'Computer Support Tasmania' and mailed to:
P.O. Box 2,
Lilydale,
Tasmania, 7268
Credit card (through Paypal - you don't need to be a Paypal member) -

Direct deposit to:
Bank: Westpac
Account Name: Computer Support Tasmania
BSB: 037608
Account Number: 125812

Please include the words "Donation magpies.net" in the Description / Comment box so that we know why we are receiving your donation.

Thank you

Mike Wilson
Magpies Net

Last edited by pietillidie on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:35 pm

MagpieMad wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
MagpieMad wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

Monco Matt wrote:

Monco Matt wrote:

you legend! so you think you have bought the right whinge now? Mike has been paying for this out of his own pocket for a decade and a half and all he gets is crap from tossers like you, if you think one donation entitles you to continue to whinge just goes to show what a self centred tosser you are.
twat.

Mate, you have some serious anger management issues to deal with.

Yawn.

MONCO: Your life.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Monco Matt wrote:

Hey Monco, you didn't miss a thing. Full of whinging morons.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Is it time for mandatory donations? With more and more people getting access to the internet, growing supporter base and all that it's becoming pretty clear that we're outgrowing nick's. I've no idea of the costs involved in getting an upgrade but surely something like $5 each per mth or $60 per year would go a fair way and wouldn't be out of everyone's reach? Could be a deterrent for trolls also.. or perhaps we could have a running total of donations listed next to everyone's username? Razz
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Donation made via the PayPal link - it was very easy to do. Sorry Mike, I forgot to add "donation" in the subject line even though your instructions were clear Embarassed Just look for the Korean credit card details Cool

Dip in Nicksters Very Happy
sportingtragic 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:16 pm

at the risk of copping a serve from magpiemad, perhaps if we knew just what Mike faces financially to keep this site running we would have a better idea of whats required.

non IT ppl like me have no clue what it costs - if someone told me $100 a month and another told me $1000, i wouldnt have the faintest idea which to believe.

(i dont mean Mike's personal financials btw, just the costs he faces and how much a core group of maybe 50 regulars could chip in for)

other than that, while im not a fan of censorship, mods who instantly delete multiple threads re the same issue could save plenty of bandwith.

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: