Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

the mods are over the top!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
Defender wrote:
the mods here are very good IMO, thomsoc, the BF mods ban people as if they had a monthly quota, now those mods suck.

Seriously - who are the BF mods?

Bigfooty mods if thats what you mean, or 12 yr old girls if you meant that. Very Happy
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:00 am

How the hell can you spend $100,000 on a website? That's an obscene amount of money to spend on any website. Farnarkle me, I could run a small city on that sort of budget. What government trough are you feeding at and why hasn't some journalist tumbled to the scam yet?
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:04 am

Well Tannin - I am not joking except that I deal in educational audio visual material so it it is not cheap. The point is people can let power go to their head and mods are a good example!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:10 am

OK, I think you are saying that the bulk of the budget is going on A/V material you buy in (or produce in-house). I can buy that - it's expensive stuff to make, even on the cheap.

I had visions of $20,000 graphic design contracts for a new logo, and similar idiocy. I withdraw my jibe, in that case.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:16 am

Tannin - I put up what i thought was a funny and interesting topic on words or comments that was made by fellow Nicksters and guess what it was deleted! It was really an innocent and hopefully fun topic and it got scrubbed. i just found it really poor and over zealous
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:31 am

In view of my recent comments venting frustration with the instant thread merging thing, I feel it might be wise for me not to comment on any other moderation-related matter for the time being. I've never been carded here at Nick's, and if I'm going to start I'd like it to be for something a bit more spectacular, such as telling that f_______ a____ _____ where to get off. Shocked
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:02 am

thompsoc wrote:
Tannin - I put up what i thought was a funny and interesting topic on words or comments that was made by fellow Nicksters and guess what it was deleted! It was really an innocent and hopefully fun topic and it got scrubbed. i just found it really poor and over zealous

it wasnt deleted you sook,

look in the vic tavern. its a non footy topic so it was moved to the appropriate board. that means mods were doing their jobs.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:07 am

Kingswood wrote:
thompsoc wrote:

it wasnt deleted you sook,

look in the vic tavern. its a non footy topic so it was moved to the appropriate board. that means mods were doing their jobs.

Anything off the main board is pretty much buried, except during draft/trade time when that board goes ballistic.
Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:26 am

vic park tavern stays pretty active.
Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:13 am

I've been a mod. On this site.
Not an easy job by any stretch of the imagination.
Mike Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:12 am
Post subject: Re: the mods are over the top!Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
I wonder how long this topic will last - I guess 20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, the 'Murray whinge' - I remember it well. It's a complaint often made about the moderators by people throwing a tantrum. The purpose is either to infer that the moderators suppress posts critical of them, to challenge them to delete this one - thus somehow ensuring that they won't Rolling Eyes or both. It never seems to occur to them that if the post is deleted, nobody will have seen it anyway. The'Murray whinge' was improved upon with addition of the the 'GIGO gambit' by Dale where you predict the deletion of the post and then follow up by declaring that you've taken a screenshot - the weakness of this move is that it tends to fall a bit flat when nothing happens. In 15 years I can't recall a single topic created to criticise the moderators that has actually been deleted.

thompsoc wrote:
well pied piper i've read the rules and yes I tried to send an email to complain and guess what - it wouldn't allow me to send one!!!!!!!!!!

Read them did you? How about this one:
The Rules wrote:
Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting...
... and considering that this topic has also been moved from General Discussion, you've obviously done it again even after saying that you'd read the rules! Read them again.

thompsoc wrote:
Stui magpie - i run a free web 2.0 website (Cost so far is $100,000 money sourced thru grants etc...) and i am the sole moderator and guess what - unless it breaches the law I let it roll!!!!!!!!!! So don't give me this is free rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't mind checking out that forum. Pretty active is it? Got an address?
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:33 pm

Thompsoc, your captain underpants avatar is surprisingly apt.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 pm

thompsoc wrote:

Stui magpie - i run a free web 2.0 website (Cost so far is $100,000 money sourced thru grants etc...) and i am the sole moderator and guess what - unless it breaches the law I let it roll!!!!!!!!!! So don't give me this is free rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick's has 3524 registered users who have made 922341 posts, of course you have as many members and have had to moderate close to a million posts, I'm sure you have if you are using your BB as an example.

Black_White Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Ah Murray...
But which Murray? There were quite a few in the end. Including London_Murray if memory serves.
Those were the days.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:43 pm

thompsoc wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
I guess, try the general feedback forum. The place complaints go to die.

mate, complaining about the moderation on a free bulletin board is like complaining about the quality of the food in a free soup kitchen.

Stui, I think there's more wasted grant money there you can pin on the ALP Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: