Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bruth...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:42 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

What a crock.

He's fine by me.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:45 am

The channel 7 commentary last night was a disgrace. Bruce is an Adelaide supporter which is no secret and Tom Harley is a keen Collingwood hater and he's had it in for us ever since we knocked off the Cats in the 2010 Preliminary Final in scintillating fashion. Just listen to his commentary in the Richmond game in round 4 when he was heavily critical of the Caff tagging Cotchin to see how much he hates us, yet he didn't bat an eyelid when Cam Guthrie used similar tactics to nullify his opponent a week or two after that.

Bruce is past it now and he just carries on sounding like a fool with cringeworthy cliches and with his common catchphrases like 'back to', 'arches his back', 'special' etc. His commentary is bordering on being completely one-sided and disturbing without him realising it. Also he's ability to get player names wrong is becoming more frequent. One that stood out to me tonight was when he referred to Keefe as 'Cloke' Shocked

I don't mind Lethal as such, he seems to go with the flow of the rest of the commentators. Some have indicated that sometimes he seems disinterested in his job but overall I'm indifferent to him. Same goes for Richo as well.

Overall, the standard of football commentary has declined dramatically in the past fifteen years! Hearing the commentators from the 1970s and 1980s (before my time) when watching old replays is brilliant. They're easy to listen to, not over the time and they have the unique and recognisable voice that is required in any good commentator. The likes of our Louie Richards come to mind when I refer to these great commentators of the 1970s and 1980s. Peter Landy is another that comes to mind as well.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:39 am

I find most commentators to be quite annoying these days, I didn't mind Bruce or Dennis in the past when they got together on this new Seven deal it always seemed as if both were trying to outdo each other on the little catch phrases.

All commentators have their favourites that they pump up, and such just goes with the commentary I guess. What I find more annoying is the commentators that break into random conversations about nothing related to the sport, or the game and miss patches of it.

The same with the cricket, when there is a break in play, or something that's fine but it's usually during a play. Bruce was a tad excited about Charlie Cameron tonight, I guess when someone is playing well you get that.

His excitement for the ball flying away from goal and him acting as if it was a goal was the most annoying it was clearly missing and he acted as if it was a goal. Again not just Bruce, just a few times during games commentators from both networks and even radio can be annoying.

Some more than others.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:36 am

Harley is the worst. Hates us and the Hawks.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:56 am

Commentary is what it is. It's one persons opinion of what is going on in front of them and now they wish to portrait it.
If they like one team over the other then that's how they call it.
Tonight in the pre-game on fox I listened to King & Voss in the war room talking about Dayne Beams and they gave him huge wraps the most interesting part was there unbiased opinions on a player.
Anyways I don't care about commentators I just mute them and use my own commentary by screaming at the TV
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:25 am

I don't mind the biased commentators ... I just wish there were more pro-pie commentators on free to air!

Bwucey is way over the top but that is his sickly dripping drama queen style!

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:29 am

Bruce was so pro Walker last night. Even when he was beaten in a contest he praised him and ignored the efforts of the Pie player. Describing kicks as "good kick" as soon as they come of the boot only to end up out of bounds or through for a behind. First class wanker.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:14 am

Bruce should listen to commentators around the world how to call a game. You hear no delicious etc or shit like thats. As for Harley clarkson is right he is a tosser
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 am

The commentary was so bad that I almost wanted to throw something at my tv. The bias couldn't be anymore evident and obvious and it's very unprofessional. I believe as supporters we should have the right to professional unbiased commentary by people who actually know what they're talking about and can offer valid opinions and good analysis. All we hear from the imbeciles at ch.7 bwucey is cliche after cliche and how good the opposition are. How are they allowed to have their personal opinions broadcast is beyond be.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:44 am

Bwoooce has been losing the plot for years now.

Was much better back in the 90s before 7 lost the rights.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:27 am

Donny wrote:
What a crock.

He's fine by me.

Not a crock.

The majority of football supporters disagree with you.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:35 am

Bruce has become a parody of himself.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:42 am

didick wrote:
Harley is the worst. Hates us and the Hawks.

^agreed. As much as I despise Bruce and find him irritating. This little pissant ex Geelong newbie has it in for the pies and isn't concerned with hiding it.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 am

Bring back Eddie I reckon. Perhaps on the AFL site at least a home team commentary.
Stinger 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:03 am

Member 7167 wrote:
Bruce was so pro Walker last night. Even when he was beaten in a contest he praised him and ignored the efforts of the Pie player. Describing kicks as "good kick" as soon as they come of the boot only to end up out of bounds or through for a behind. First class wanker.

^^^This ^^^

The channel 7 commentators are notorious for picking out a pet for the night and that's all you hear about. Try watching a Swans game these days. Buddy this, Buddy that. Buddy's in the back pocket!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: