Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Indigenous round Jumper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy with this design?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 23 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Don't see the need
45%
 45%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 55

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should have fashioned the B&W stripes into boomerang shapes. Would have looked even better then.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:58 am

WTF is with some of the responses in this thread? What's the big deal? Every club is doing it and it's only for one round.

I don't see the problem in celebrating and recognising indigenous Australians.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:26 am

Troppo wrote:
To be brutally frank, my view is that the CFC Guernsey as it is says the indigenous thing without the need for any 'Ken Done-ish' embellishment.

FFS, it's B&W, what more do we have to do ... replace our song with 'Ebony & Ivory'? I don't think so.

Our club does shitloads in indig communities already and I don't feel that we need a speccy jumper to hoot and holler our creds in this field.

All we need is Eddie to do an 'AbbottWink' as an image of a certain Swannie's player swings across the 'G ... everyone will get the message ...

Great post Wink

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:48 am

Joel wrote:
WTF is with some of the responses in this thread? What's the big deal? Every club is doing it and it's only for one round.

I don't see the problem in celebrating and recognising indigenous Australians.

I recognise and applaud the exquisit talents of indigenous footballers every time I see them play, don't need a special jumper or a round with a label to get my attention.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:56 am

think positive wrote:
Troppo wrote:
To be brutally frank, my view is that the CFC Guernsey as it is says the indigenous thing without the need for any 'Ken Done-ish' embellishment.

FFS, it's B&W, what more do we have to do ... replace our song with 'Ebony & Ivory'? I don't think so.

Our club does shitloads in indig communities already and I don't feel that we need a speccy jumper to hoot and holler our creds in this field.

All we need is Eddie to do an 'AbbottWink' as an image of a certain Swannie's player swings across the 'G ... everyone will get the message ...

Great post Wink

I'm actually wondering if that player will get booed, for disrespecting our great president.

Will be intersting.
schuey07 Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 am

When do they play the “we are all Australian round,” and celebrate the fact that we should all be treated the same and have no distinction made between us? We are all human, why do we continue with this divisive crap?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:09 am

collie dog wrote:
Oh dear. Rolling Eyes

Geez the AFL will sell its soul for every cause and every sponsor under the sun. Just when the code needs stability it changes jumpers and rules every week. You don't see MLB doing that!

They will do anything for more $$$$

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:11 pm

schuey07 wrote:
When do they play the “we are all Australian round,” and celebrate the fact that we should all be treated the same and have no distinction made between us? We are all human, why do we continue with this divisive crap?

Yep.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:08 pm

jackcass wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Yep.

Big ditto

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:21 pm

think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
schuey07 wrote:

Yep.

Big ditto

Big ditto II

Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Great to see the old magpie motif back again. That nagpie on the fence post brings back great memories.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:12 pm

They are going to trot Winmar and co out every year until they croak. How many times must we be hit with a guilt trip for something that happened last millenium. They don't bring up the scum clearing Doug Nicholls to Fitzroy because the scum trainers wouldn't give him a rub down. Or QLD cricket having to apply to the Aboriginal protectorate board so Eddie Gilbert could play cricket every week. This crap is doing nothing to help the real issues in the indigineous communities of poor health, drugs, alcohol abuse, domestic violence and kids not going to school. Not to mention incarceration rates.A few lucky ones pat themselves on the back, a few journos dredge the same things up. A few dancers burn some gum leaves and everything is fine. Its not fine and no amount of jumper changing and insincere platitudes will fix it.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:00 pm

ronrat wrote:
They are going to trot Winmar and co out every year until they croak. How many times must we be hit with a guilt trip for something that happened last millenium. They don't bring up the scum clearing Doug Nicholls to Fitzroy because the scum trainers wouldn't give him a rub down. Or QLD cricket having to apply to the Aboriginal protectorate board so Eddie Gilbert could play cricket every week. This crap is doing nothing to help the real issues in the indigineous communities of poor health, drugs, alcohol abuse, domestic violence and kids not going to school. Not to mention incarceration rates.A few lucky ones pat themselves on the back, a few journos dredge the same things up. A few dancers burn some gum leaves and everything is fine. Its not fine and no amount of jumper changing and insincere platitudes will fix it.

Well said.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Where's the "couldn't care less" option?
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:18 pm

ronrat wrote:

They are going to trot Winmar and co out every year until they croak. How many times must we be hit with a guilt trip for something that happened last millenium ... This crap is doing nothing to help the real issues in the indigineous communities of poor health, drugs, alcohol abuse, domestic violence and kids not going to school. Not to mention incarceration rates.A few lucky ones pat themselves on the back, a few journos dredge the same things up. A few dancers burn some gum leaves and everything is fine. Its not fine and no amount of jumper changing and insincere platitudes will fix it.

IMHO, Ronald the Rodent takes the cake with his observations ...

... no amount of jumper changing and insincere platitudes will fix it ...

btw, burning the eucalyptus vegetation while doing the 'welcome to country boogie' has got to be the greatest shambolic scam we've seen in some time ... practitioners of this comic art have the gall to demand the handing over of folding stuff before they'll even strike the Redhead - where does that come from? I don't believe there is another racial grouping in the world that would ask you to fork over the asking price just to get a welcome happening! Fair suck of the Rocca Brother ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: