Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Biased and pathetic media - what else is new?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if you didn't know any better, you could have sworn that the dees were playing either with, or against themselves. Were we there? I mean, did Collingwood participate and actually win? We were at the game yeah? I swear the commentators only complemented us a handful of times and you could have counted the times they did - on one hand. We destroyed them. Kept them to 3 goals. 3 f***ing goals! Where's the praise for us and our efforts for actually winning the f***ing game??? We need to scrap this game.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Flashman wrote:
I just read that Roos is jumping on the "not enough frees are being paid" bandwagon. He reckons the reluctance of umpires to pay frees is leading to congested play and ruining the game as a spectacle.

I'd say playing a defensive, slow moving, possession game with numbers flooding back and not kicking to any contests whatsoever as all Roos teams have tediously and successfully done ruins the game as a spectacle more than umpires letting the game flow a bit more.

What a bloody hypocrite but you wont see any media hacks call him on it I'll bet. What a front he has.

Buckley said it best when asked about Melbourne's gameplan

we were waiting for the game to open up. you know, once they realized they needed to score to win it. but they were still very methodical in their approach forward.

then he stopped. actually, you should ask roos that question.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:20 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
I was so sick of the biased coverage on the telecast that I "muted" the TV and watched the last 3 quarters in silence.

It's just sickening for commentators to praise the most modest and insignificant triumph in the under dog team, just because they dislike us.

Press RED for ED is the only solution.

Yeah I couldn't stand it beyond half time either. Rather odd watching the footy in total silence. The whole Demon love fest just sickened me... made me want blood. I'll take the 33 point win but boy I wished it had been double that, especially as we were the only side willing to take the game on.

Next...

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 pm

68,000 supporters and most of them were ours yet they rave on about the dees fans were there early to reserve their seats in the MCC. No Collingwood, no QB clash.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Listening to the commentary it seemed the big crowd was thanks to Melbourne, and not Collingwood. They really did get a lot of love Melbourne throughout the game, then on Fox Footy the love turned to criticism over their gameplan and their high number of possession and lack of penetration and inside 50s, etc.

No issue with commentators talking up a team other than Collingwood, but I think it was all a bit over the top. Most times the Demons looked out of ideas, and their players looked confused moving the ball, and Watts who was so much improved looked out of his depth more than once.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:00 pm
Post subject: Re: Biased and pathetic media - what else is new?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
The morning's papers were full of praise for the disciplined way the much improved Dees made a real contest of the game and held the Pies to only 8 goals. By my reckoning we almost tripled their score. That's a thrashing any day of the week.

FFS, the main story should have been how - apart from their fluky goal in the first 15 seconds - the pathetic Dees could only kick 2 other goals for the remainder of the game!! That's 2 goals in 110 minutes of football. The press should be calling for Roos to be sacked!!!

I disagree - anything that can keep us under the radar the better. nothing worse then everyone 'talking us up' when that happens we tend to start losing games. We are a club that can't really handle media hype....but thrive under the radar.

So I say talk up the dees. keep championing how wonderful the Power are and how they (and the Swans, Hawks and Freo ) are flag favourites ..and how we are just making up the numbers!
melliot 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Not sure who caught 360 and the couch, but both Sheahan and Robbo had Dunn as the bog.

WTF?

I don't think they realize Cloke nearly outscored the Dees himself and apparently had a bad game.

Dunn was OK, but far from great.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:14 pm

I think we should sack Bux for that dismal performance against the brave, undermanned and mercilessly bullied Dees, what an effort from them, how nasty of us.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:00 am

melliot wrote:
Not sure who caught 360 and the couch, but both Sheahan and Robbo had Dunn as the bog.

WTF?

I don't think they realize Cloke nearly outscored the Dees himself and apparently had a bad game.

Dunn was OK, but far from great.

indeed I laughed at this, Jack Frost was by far the best on ground.

www.facebook/the hybernators
punkologist Aries

Barwick goals, the pies are home!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:55 am

I too was forced to mute the TV due to the Demons love fest in the pre-match build up and all through the first 2 quarters (when i muted, i assume it continued), even though they had only scored 2 goals at the time I muted.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 am
Post subject: Re: Biased and pathetic media - what else is new?Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
The morning's papers were full of praise for the disciplined way the much improved Dees made a real contest of the game and held the Pies to only 8 goals. By my reckoning we almost tripled their score. That's a thrashing any day of the week.

FFS, the main story should have been how - apart from their fluky goal in the first 15 seconds - the pathetic Dees could only kick 2 other goals for the remainder of the game!! That's 2 goals in 110 minutes of football. The press should be calling for Roos to be sacked!!!

I wholeheartedly agree. Listening, watching & reading the comments afterwards it was all Melbourne focussed.

Had Elliot, Goldsack, Beams, Seedsman & Cloke amongst others kicked straight we would have won by a hell of a lot more (easy misses)

We controlled the game in the last half especially the last quarter & a half although this was not reflected on the scoreboard.

We "soaked up" their admirable defensive pressure & then applied the same & more. We allowed very few inside 50's & they only kicked 3.

We ought to have converted 6 more easy shots & they ought to have converted about 2-3.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: