Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

NAB Rising Star

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it may be between Langdon and KK
however if Joe Daniher can string a few more games like the past cpl i wouldnt be surprised if that might get interest from those that vote
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:00 am

Langdon's been an absolute gun this season and I think he's been slightly better than KK this season. The fact that no one expected Langdon to be this good should be enough to earn him the award provided he maintains the form he's demonstrated which I don't doubt considering he's such a reliable performer at the moment.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:13 am

SuperStar Beams wrote:
I would think it may be between Langdon and KK
however if Joe Daniher can string a few more games like the past cpl i wouldnt be surprised if that might get interest from those that vote

also, since Daniher is going to be one of only 10 or so players on the essendon list eligible for a game (and so likely to play ruck, rover, CHF and full forward all at the same time), i would think he is in line to get a lot of touches.

CootaPie 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:05 am

There's no question Langdon has been fantastic and a real bonus but I think Brodie Grundy's efforts are being grossly underrated in Rising Star discussions.

While he hasn't been nominated yet this year surely that is a formality. Being the regular starting ruckman in a top four side at his tender age and experience is a truly remarkable effort and something you rarely see in the game and with good reason. The ruck is an extremely difficult position to play - both physically and mentally - and I just don't think Grundy is getting the credit he deserves for the role he is playing.
Flashman 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 am

I agree Coota.

I've seen people criticizing Brodie for giving away frees, not taking enough contested marks etc...without thinking that he's 20 and playing his second season of AFL.

I'd like to hear of another second year player who's holding down the number 1 ruck position and doing it as effectively as Grundy is and not just now I mean historically.

People raved about Nic Nat (who I'm a big fan of) but he wasn't close to doing what Brodie is at the same stage of his career and Sandilands forget about. Maybe Dean Cox comes close but his stats in his first and second years are poorer than Brodie's and he's gone on to be an all time great.

Grundy's input, effectiveness and presence are remarkable for someone who is still a babe in football terms.
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:31 am

I think you guys are forgetting about the "Collingwood rule" regarding the RS, we aren't allowed to win it.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Stupied 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:48 am

collie dog wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
Who would be the other contenders?

Here are the other nominations so far this year:

1 Luke Dunstan - St Kilda
2 Dylan Buckley - Carlton
3 Josh Kelly - Greater Western Sydney
4 Luke McDonald - North Melbourne
5 Matt Crouch - Adelaide
6 James Aish - Brisbane Lions
7 Tom Langdon - Collingwood
8 Jarman Impey - Port Adelaide
9 Lewis Taylor - Brisbane Lions
10 Kade Kolodjashnij - Gold Coast
11 Zach Merrett - Essendon
12 Joe Daniher - Essendon

Kade Kolodjashnij - Gold Coast

Midfielder. That's who will win it. He gets lots of the ball each week. I would love Langdon to win, but seriously defenders have little chance at awards these days.

KK is a rebounding defender. He only averages 0.5 more disposals per game than Langdon, averages nearly 2 less marks per game (Langdon leads the league for intercept marks btw), whilst playing the same position.

Take into account that Langdon has broken into, and played every game this year in a top 4 team, and the pecking order should be pretty obvious:

Langdon

Kolojashnij

Everyone else
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: