Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Need for new Stadium in Waverley

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Waverley too, great memories. Etihad I loathe, what a hole that stadium is, and talk about freezing your titties off.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 pm

Yes they made a big mistake kicking University out of the VFL all those years ago too. We now have heaps more universities, more students including all those international ones and on-line ones. Think what a powerhouse they could be these days 😳
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:37 pm
Post subject: OhReply with quote

John Wren wrote:
sigh. we need waverly no more than bertha needs another doughnut or your being allowed up for air.

many asians love our sport. might help if you get to a game once in a while. the demographic of the crowd is pretty diverse.

Oh utter nonsense. How many Asians play senior AFL football? Zero! Reason? They are not like us. They prefer their own games like badminton and non contact sports. Although , the Japs like wrestling in undies which I have never understood. I do know some asians anyway you smart arse. Our local Chinese Takeaway is run by them. Never sure about the dim sims though. Local moggies beware haha. But from what I see, Melbourne is being over run by asians. But our football is sacred. They have not and will not get a game in my lifetime. And property prices and being wrecked in Australia. I wonder why! Home grown aussies can't afford houses anymore. So don't talk to me about diversity. It seems we and becoming slaves in our own country. Footy is our refuge. And we should be proud.

sixpoints 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:43 pm

There are 4 main growth corridors planned for Melbourne expansion.
1. South East - Cranbourne/Pakenham etc
2. North East - South Morang/Whittlesea etc
3. North West - Craigeburn etc
4. West - Caroline Springs/Werribee etc

Waverley only suits one, and the demographic centre will gradually creep back west as the fastest growth is north and west of the city.

As for Asians living close to Etihad Stadium etc.... When was the last time you checked out Glen Waveley (little Hong Kong)?
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:53 pm

I saw some tremendous games of footy there and always enjoyed going there, it was an effort to get there but well worth it when you had a great win. And the car park congestion was easily avoided by having a fully stocked esky in the boot for a post game drink and days recap while you waited for the traffic to leave.

Etihad is convenient for your lame fans of today who don't like a bit of rain dripping into their chardonnay or worry about missing the train and being home late for Mummy to read them a bedtime story.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:30 pm
Post subject: Re: OhReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
John Wren wrote:
sigh. we need waverly no more than bertha needs another doughnut or your being allowed up for air.

many asians love our sport. might help if you get to a game once in a while. the demographic of the crowd is pretty diverse.

Oh utter nonsense. How many Asians play senior AFL football? Zero! Reason? They are not like us. They prefer their own games like badminton and non contact sports. Although , the Japs like wrestling in undies which I have never understood. I do know some asians anyway you smart arse. Our local Chinese Takeaway is run by them. Never sure about the dim sims though. Local moggies beware haha. But from what I see, Melbourne is being over run by asians. But our football is sacred. They have not and will not get a game in my lifetime. And property prices and being wrecked in Australia. I wonder why! Home grown aussies can't afford houses anymore. So don't talk to me about diversity. It seems we and becoming slaves in our own country. Footy is our refuge. And we should be proud.

Paul Medhurst (Malaysian mother)
Peter Bell (Born in Korea and Father born in Korea)
Lin Jong (Taiwanese mother, Timorese-Chinese father)

Sorry Hiss ol' buddy the AFL is being overrun by Asians. Time for you to toddle off and support the GDFL.
MattyD 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:35 pm

this is the funniest thread I've read in ages

you're hilarious

Laughing
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 pm

Wokko wrote:
Hiss wrote:
John Wren wrote:

Paul Medhurst (Malaysian mother)
Peter Bell (Born in Korea and Father born in Korea)
Lin Jong (Taiwanese mother, Timorese-Chinese father)

Sorry Hiss ol' buddy the AFL is being overrun by Asians. Time for you to toddle off and support the GDFL.

Rubbish! I said asian players. Al those you mentioned were born in Australia. Asians are physically too small compared to our home grown lads. Imagine a little jap up against Tom Hawkins! My point is our game was made for us. We are built for it. Proud Aussies. Their game involves different stuff. More quick little tricks they they are good at. And if they keep buying our houses at the rate they are, soon AFL will be over run and banned. Replaced with badminton played on the MCG. Then those that love what's happening to our great game will be happy. Footy on 7 replaced with ping pong. Bruce Macachan will be the head commentator.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:20 pm

Hiss wrote:

Rubbish! I said asian players. Al those you mentioned were born in Australia. Asians are physically too small compared to our home grown lads. Imagine a little jap up against Tom Hawkins! My point is our game was made for us. We are built for it. Proud Aussies. Their game involves different stuff. More quick little tricks they they are good at. And if they keep buying our houses at the rate they are, soon AFL will be over run and banned. Replaced with badminton played on the MCG. Then those that love what's happening to our great game will be happy. Footy on 7 replaced with ping pong. Bruce Macachan will be the head commentator.

lol, yeah those tiny asians. Rolling Eyes

I bet they all have small penises too. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:34 pm

I walked up the outer stairs to the grandstand at arctic park, on crutches!!! Thought i was going to die!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:47 pm

Wokko wrote:
Hiss wrote:

What are you suggesting? That big bloke is their version of Andre the Giant. A one off. The majority a small. Yeah I accept the ones who have come here are getting bigger eating our food. Never see any drinking VB though!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:20 am

That is exactly what My Dad and His Brother sayt
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:30 am

Hiss wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Hiss wrote:

What are you suggesting? That big bloke is their version of Andre the Giant. A one off. The majority a small. Yeah I accept the ones who have come here are getting bigger eating our food. Never see any drinking VB though!

He'd be handy in the goal square though. Smile

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:54 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Quote:
However, in 1982/1983 when the extensions were due to commence, the Government of Victoria refused to approve the plans for the upgrade because it would have threatened the Melbourne Cricket Ground's right to host the VFL Grand Final (the league owned VFL Park had originally been built with the intent of replacing the MCG as the permanent home of the Grand Final, but the Government, with interests in the MCG, refused to allow its capacity upgrade). Hence, no further development ever occurred and the capacity was set at just over 100,000 patrons (later reduced to 78,000).

Labor corruption killed Waverley. Would've been the center piece for VFL/AFL football and one of the largest stadiums in the world. A rail link + a 150k+ capacity would've made it an amazing ground. Alas, we were left with a cold, obsolete stadium that wasn't allowed to be upgraded. Almost as sad as losing the suburban grounds. I think our game is in good shape, but the dreams of the early 80s would've been so much bigger coupled with the AFL expansion in the late 80s.

Actually, both sides of politics let Waverley down, when Kennett came in, he promised the rail line etc, and years later when Bracks came in, pre election he also promised to keep it functioning, build the rail link out there. It never happened, mores the pity, Kenneth luke, the far sighted Demetriou of his time, thought up Waverley, and he was way ahead of his time. Rolling Eyes Confused

There we have a winner for the most biggest prick of all time. Ken Luke. He brought in zoning and as a Carlscum prick gave Bendigo to his Carlscum team and an outer eastern zone to the then nothin Hawks, They were going to rotate them. So in the end he gave the scum about 7 flags and Hawthorn 10 and to boot Waverley a training ground to the Hawks. Bloody marvelous.

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 am

you knuckle heads
do you srsly think you would be able to go out on the ground if that ground was still used by AFL?

I dont think so!
Food still being cheap? Refer to the above.
Next you will be asking for grass seating area's inside the MCG to bring ur picnic basket and throw rug...

What about petrol prices? since you drove to Waverley....bring back cheaper petrol for people driving to the game!

People just dont understand. How many games in adelaide or perth did u see live on tv back then? Zero!!

Society is so fuked up these days, want want want, they never understand what other luxuries they have been given.
LIKE THIS GOD DAMN FORUM U KNUCKLE DRAGGERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: