Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Reality Check

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts while leaving the ground, the better side won on the day.

They crushed us for ground level ball at both ends, we were outnumbered and/or outpositioned to win a crumb all day.
The ball always seemed to find a dogs player when spilling from a pack or a stoppage.
They got a few friendly umpiring decisions and we missed out on a few but what's new??
Disposal let us down at times, decision making at others.
We never play that shit ground well even when we win there.
It was just one of those days.

But tell me - Cloke kicks 6, Elliott kicks 4, Mitch Wallis plays on Pendlebury, we kick the first 3 goals of the game, Cooney gets subbed off in the first quarter....... and I ask you how close did we get to winning by 15 goals??

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:27 pm

Doc63 wrote:
richo wrote:
Sydney, the premiership favourites, lost to GWS. Things can change quickly, beat hawthorn and this week is an aberration. And I reckon we will beat the hawks.

I want you to take those pills and pour them down the sink!!

Tonight we should all share

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Who knows, footy is a crazy game at times, the dons lost to the deees too, and they were four goals up. Anything can happen, I would not write us off just yet against the dawks, we should be bloody desperate and angry, one would think.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:55 pm
Post subject: Re: Reality CheckReply with quote

derkd wrote:
In some ways the loss is really simple.....fans wanted to know where we are at....well now we know. Were we missing a few players today?. Yes, Were we coming off a six day break, and playing a side that has been in the media spotlight all week?. Yes, are we good enough to make top four? well the next few weeks will tell us. A few too many people want to blame Adams for the loss ... or the umpires or both.....i know you won't see reason. I would just say....we have allot of improvement left. take a few deep breaths ...maybe cold shower... Wink

Hear hear, by my count 12 players with under 50 games. Missing Maxwell, Reid, Sidebottom, Brown, and Beams from our best and most experienced 22. Goldsack as well depending on your opinion of him.

Did we play well... no. Can we improve.... hopefully. Can we go deep into December in 2014... maybe. No better and no worse than the situation before the bounce of the ball to start round 1.
mgh3536 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:45 am

We are just lazy and just don't work, how many times do we allow the easy ball out the lead up option, players standing by themselves in the corridor?

When we have the chance to smash teams we coast and have comfortable win, I think this soft attitude over confident manner has sneaked into the way we play.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:01 am

We better turn up next week, on the plus side Cloke and Elliot worked well. Beams and Goldy will return and I think we should bring in Fas in as we need someone who can kick pressure goals and have clean disposal around the ground.

www.facebook/the hybernators
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:02 pm

It sort of feels sometimes that some fans just expect Collingwood circa 2010/2011 to just magically re-appear and start tearing games apart. Without also accepting the trials and tribulations that go into getting to those periods of great success. [See: Hawks wilderness period post 2008].
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:22 pm

derkd wrote:
It sort of feels sometimes that some fans just expect Collingwood circa 2010/2011 to just magically re-appear and start tearing games apart. Without also accepting the trials and tribulations that go into getting to those periods of great success. [See: Hawks wilderness period post 2008].

Totally agree. I think sometimes Collingwood fans are their own worst enemies. Injuries, suspensions, short breaks, players with lack of game experience DO affect the performance of the team. Need to realise that we haven’t had our best team out there all season and it is looking highly unlikely that we would this season. There is also a huge reluctance here to admit that we are a developing team under Buck's and such teams are notoriously inconsistent and fairly unpredictable to say the least. THIS is the absolute reality. Anything else is not based on reality but in vain hope. Rolling Eyes
Museman 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:41 pm

mgh3536 wrote:
We are just lazy and just don't work, how many times do we allow the easy ball out the lead up option, players standing by themselves in the corridor?

When we have the chance to smash teams we coast and have comfortable win, I think this soft attitude over confident manner has sneaked into the way we play.

I agree,

I also think kicking the first 3 only served inflate our already inflated confidence going into this one.

beast is correct though, we are nowhere near good enough to coast.
SuperStar Beams Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Take a look at these stats

Avg Age: Coll 24yr 6 mth WB 25yr 2MTH
Avg Games: Coll 73.7 WB 89.9
Less than 50 games: Coll 12 WB 8
50-99 games: Coll 3 WB 6
100-149 games: Coll 2 WB 2
150+ games: Coll 5 WB 6

We were younger and more inexperienced then our opponents.
As bad as we looked it was a young and inexperienced side and these stats show that.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:43 pm

We are a young side and tbh i think we are a year ahead of schedule.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: