Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How many sports have home team at away teams ground?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:38 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

didick wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
woftam wrote:
One more question. We play gold coast once again this season. How come it is again at their home ground & not ours?

This is where the AFL & its fixture is a joke!

You can't be serious, ANNODAM, the only reason the AFL and the fixture is a joke? There are so many others. The whole comp is operated like a local under 9s compared to overseas premiere competitions.

Ahhh, you're correct!

I should've clarified --- it's ONE of the many reasons the AFL is a joke!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 pm

How's this for AFL stupidity?

I didn't realise it until watching AFL360 tonight. But we played a "home" game at Etihad Stadium instead of our home ground the MCG. At the same time Essendon is playing a "home" game against Melbourne (yes they were in their away jumpers) at the MCG when Etihad is Essendon's home ground. Both games were played at the WRONG ground.

What a friggin joke this competition is! The fixture is absurd. We are put to shame by real competitions like the EPL which manage real home and away competition and a lot more football every season for the fans.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:53 pm

didick wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:
woftam wrote:
One more question. We play gold coast once again this season. How come it is again at their home ground & not ours?

This is where the AFL & its fixture is a joke!

You can't be serious, ANNODAM, the only reason the AFL and the fixture is a joke? There are so many others. The whole comp is operated like a local under 9s compared to overseas premiere competitions.

They make it up as they go along. We must be the only professional sport in the world that changes its rules every week. Not to mention playing on different sized grounds. Not to mention that we play an unbalanced fixture. Not to mention that few teams have a real home ground. Not to mention that the AFL deliberately tries to engineer results to promote the game in far flung places. Not to mention that we don't even have interstate competitions, let alone real international competition. As I said, they make it all up as they go along. The EFL Junior competitions have more credibility.

Look the Socceroos won't go anywhere this World Cup but Ange is a great coach and the future of football in this country IS soccer. It's inevitable.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:00 pm

i raised that question to a few guys i know.

we played dogs at etihad, which is the dogs home ground, the bombers played the dees at mcg which is also the dees home ground.

now i get that we have to play 3 games at etihad, BUT why have us against the team that has the home ground and our home game. is there a contract we have with the dogs to play at etihad for rose cup. then to top it off there was a record low crowd for us at 28, 000+. i know pies have contract with afl to play 3 games but that is untill the etihad contract runs out (which i hope is sooner rather then later)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: