Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Faz out for 3 weeks

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

So the quad injury to Reid we were told was minor is going to cost him another 4 weeks on the sidelines.

Bugger me.

TurkishPie 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Disappointing cos he is about the only player I can watch without shutting my eyes, when kicking in.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Beast wrote:
So he's been sore for some time now yet we waste another week playing him in VFL prior to having a surgery?

Go our medical department!!!one1

Yeah, how dare the club prolong the inevitable... it was inevitable wasn't it? all the medical testing had been done right? he was clearly able to get access to a surgeon immediately wasn't he? what is going on at this club? I think they're just doing it to annoy us!

You start the revolt, I'm right behind you...
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Sad for Faz, effectively two seasons ruined by injury and puts his future in some doubt. Would be very lucky to be back at VFL level in 3 weeks I'd say, more like five or six.
Scribe 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm a neighbour of a Collingwood defender and will have an extremely rare chat with him from time to time.

Saw him yesterday and asked him to bring up the idea with Bucks to get the defenders to start playing in plastic bubbles from here on in.

He mentioned:

- Beams was genuinely crook and won't play this week either
- Frost 50/50 at best
- He says that 'Sharon' is the best kid he's ever seen at Collingwood
- Best spray Pendles has delivered as captain came after the Dogs loss

And... For the purpose of this thread..

- Four weeks is the absolute best-case scenario for Fas

Pies are having a lend of fans here, much like they did last year with the Dale Thomas "couple of weeks and we'll see" ankle approach.

If Fasolo reports any soreness at all after having screw removed when he returns, he's done for 2014 and his career is in serious jeopardy.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:32 pm

Scribe wrote:
I'm a neighbour of a Collingwood defender and will have an extremely rare chat with him from time to time.

Saw him yesterday and asked him to bring up the idea with Bucks to get the defenders to start playing in plastic bubbles from here on in.

He mentioned:

- Frost 50/50 at best

Pies are having a lend of fans here, much like they did last year with the Dale Thomas "couple of weeks and we'll see" ankle approach.

If Fasolo reports any soreness at all after having screw removed when he returns, he's done for 2014 and his career is in serious jeopardy.

Gee, Beams will be a great loss again.............. Crying or Very sad
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:59 pm

Scribe wrote:

He mentioned:

- Frost 50/50 at best

Thanks for the heads up. Starting to look like our run of injuries could cost us any chance of being competitive in the AFL and the VFL finals series in 2014.

Nice to hear Scharenberg is so highly rated given he's probably had limited opportunity to impress.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Jeez the post about Sharenberg just keeps on coming doesn't it?

Exciting times when we get him on the pitch.....I suppose a shock debut for him this weekend is out of the question? Wink

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Scribe wrote:

He mentioned:

- Frost 50/50 at best

Didn't they show Beams training on tv yesterday? Or was it perhaps old footage?
Scribe 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Pies are insistent on taking the 'overly cautious' approach with soft tissue injuries. Given Beams' problems last year, I'll be surprised if he plays.

On that point, I really wonder if this 'overly cautious' thing works for us.

We lead the league in most games missed with injury by some distance. We led the same category in 2013 and were second in 2012.

One or two years is bad luck, three years is a trend. We won't have any success when it matters ever again unless we can get this right.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Scribe wrote:
Pies are insistent on taking the 'overly cautious' approach with soft tissue injuries. Given Beams' problems last year, I'll be surprised if he plays.

We lead the league in most games missed with injury by some distance. We led the same category in 2013 and were second in 2012.

One or two years is bad luck, three years is a trend. We won't have any success when it matters ever again unless we can get this right.

I agree. I think we have gone too far & some players may be missing games they should be playing on account of being overly cautious.
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 am

jackcass wrote:
Beast wrote:
So he's been sore for some time now yet we waste another week playing him in VFL prior to having a surgery?

Yeah, how dare the club prolong the inevitable... it was inevitable wasn't it? all the medical testing had been done right? he was clearly able to get access to a surgeon immediately wasn't he? what is going on at this club? I think they're just doing it to annoy us!

Faz was sore for the last 4/5 weeks, plenty of time to do the medical assessment. There was absolutely no reason to play him in the VFL if they were concerned about him for some time.
We have a horrid recent history of dealing with long term injuries and this another obvious example of that, no matter which way you spin it.
The proof is in the pudding, you're defending indefensible.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:30 am

Scribe wrote:

Yep, let's sack all the fitness staff immediately and get Danks on board..... Rolling Eyes
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:53 am

Beast wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Beast wrote:

Faz was sore for the last 4/5 weeks, plenty of time to do the medical assessment. There was absolutely no reason to play him in the VFL if they were concerned about him for some time.
We have a horrid recent history of dealing with long term injuries and this another obvious example of that, no matter which way you spin it.
The proof is in the pudding, you're defending indefensible.

As opposed to attacking in complete ignorance... whatever.
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Attacking based on facts that show our management of long term injuries has been appalling in recent years, while you're defending based on nothing but blind sycophancy.
Whatever indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: