Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

McCrae or Treloar

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well some great opinions here. I think Treloar will surprise a few by returning from injury and playing really well. He is a top player. I wish that we still had him at Collingwood ☹️
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:26 pm
Post subject: Re: McCrae or TreloarReply with quote

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
So all things being equal except for the age difference....

And thats the thing. You'd be mad to trade a 19/20 year old for someone that will be 29 in March.

As good as Treloar is, and as much as I'd love to have him back, he is not the type that will play well into his 30s. If he plays until 32, thats only another 80-odd games (without getting injured).

His chance to win a flag is with the Dogs. This year and probably next. He's a fantastic guy if you ever get to meet him.

Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Losing Stevo did hurt. I was looking forward to a long career there.

Let's look at reality.

I have a good source, and what I was told, I reckon the result was good. It's not a matter of support. Not so simpleton.

Clearly, we farked up using pick 5.. We should have gone elsewhere. Shit happens. That should be the issue… Not that we traded him.

I find it interesting, a great first game.. Then weeks of 10-15 possies.. And then out of the blue 38 possies and handful of goals. ..mmmm. Too inconsistent for me.

Perhaps Poulter or McCreery will alleviate some loss, if not all.

I will miss AT. High possession.. Breakaway speed.. Right in the gutz. Gun. Of course, I'd take Dogs Macrae , he is class. I'd be satisfied with either.

As compensation, could say we have the young Macrae. Let's call it a break even service value, but we gain 10 extra years.
Given we are in a mini build, It's clearly a win, I'm confident.

So in conclusion.. We should have gone Haughton. Unfortunately, Stevo didn't work out. I guess we have Poulter or McCreery instead.

AT was a gun, bulldogs Macrae is a gun.. fair to say its a break even. I'd be happy with a swap. As a bonus, though, we got our own Macrae anyway.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:56 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
The much maligned Treloar has come straight back in to play in the Premiership favourite’s team after a long term injury.I wonder how many of our current midfielders would get a run in the Bulldogs’s midfield?Not many I suspect.

Adams and Pendles that’s it
Treloar bashing has become a pass time for many here
People are quick so oh poor Sidey he’s played out of position yet Treloar was drafted as a outside mid played at GWS as a outside mid comes here and is forced to play inside
Just for the record his career kicking eff sits at just a tick over 61% Sidey is 52% Pendles is 62%
In 2021 his kicking eff is a career season high of 66% Sidey is 45% Pendles is 63%
So in all fairness he’s on par with Pendles by foot and miles ahead of Sidey
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:28 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
The much maligned Treloar has come straight back in to play in the Premiership favourite’s team after a long term injury.I wonder how many of our current midfielders would get a run in the Bulldogs’s midfield?Not many I suspect.

People are quick so oh poor Sidey he’s played out of position yet Treloar was drafted as a outside mid played at GWS as a outside mid comes here and is forced to play inside
Just for the record his career kicking eff sits at just a tick over 61% Sidey is 52% Pendles is 62%
In 2021 his kicking eff is a career season high of 66% Sidey is 45% Pendles is 63%

I feel that opinions are sometimes stated after an event in order to justify it rather than support it. Thus the Treloar bashing🙄 However it still seems to go back to the club making a decision based on a financial reason rather than a talent or poor play reason. Just adds to many befuddling decisions made by Collingwood during its long history.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:03 am

^ Probably some people do adopt such decisions after the event. Then again, some of us could never stand his style of play, didn't understand why he was at Collingwood - still less why he was paid so highly and on a 6-year contract - and actually found our heads spinning round like something in a scene from The Exorcist every time he got the ball and ran backwards with it.

Imagine if he'd chosen Richmond. Sliding doors, I suppose. We probably still wouldn't have won anything - but Treloar in yellow and black might just have been enough to stop the Richmond premiership cluster in its tracks.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:15 am

If Treloar chose Richmond, we probably would have Tom Lynch at FF
Magpie Russ Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:23 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
themonk wrote:
Treloar may win a flag in the next 12-24 months but he will not be missed.
Stephenson is what hurts.
🥺

Agreed I was not too upset Trading Treloar but I was Massively Pissed Off us Giving Stephenson Away and we will rule that Mistake for Many Years

We are Collingwood supporters - rue is what we do Smile
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:04 pm

Yeah, sliding doors alright, Treloar to Richmond would have left us with a couple of picks and cap space, certainly would have been in the box seat for Lynch....or preferably one of the Kings!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
MJ23 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:03 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Ok , I call bullshit.
Show your work.
From the AFL stat site, Sidey has a better kicking efficiency this year than Treloar who is actually having an ok year by his stds.
Career though Sidebottom is ahead of Treloar by a mile. It’s not even close.

I get you hate Sidebottom but you can’t make shit up.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:48 pm

MJ23 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Ok , I call bullshit.
Show your work.
From the AFL stat site, Sidey has a better kicking efficiency this year than Treloar who is actually having an ok year by his stds.
Career though Sidebottom is ahead of Treloar by a mile. It’s not even close.

I get you hate Sidebottom but you can’t make shit up.

Mate before you go off half cocked as usual without knowing your facts read what I wrote
KICKING EFF not disposal eff which is what you are reading on AFL stat site
If you wish to look over champion data the metric used by clubs on accessing players please do then come back and post your apology and confirm to all of your ignorance
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
^ Probably some people do adopt such decisions after the event. Then again, some of us could never stand his style of play, didn't understand why he was at Collingwood - still less why he was paid so highly and on a 6-year contract - and actually found our heads spinning round like something in a scene from The Exorcist every time he got the ball and ran backwards with it.

Imagine if he'd chosen Richmond. Sliding doors, I suppose. We probably still wouldn't have won anything - but Treloar in yellow and black might just have been enough to stop the Richmond premiership cluster in its tracks.

Without trying to go over history the club was in a 2 way tug of war with the tigers to secure him. If memory serves me correct we outbid there 1st round plus 2nd rounder with 2 x 1st rounders
Now hindsight is useful if we were able to go back in time but we can't so its pointless
But if the tigers and us were both prepared to offer up considerable draft capital someone must have seen something in him
It's hard to run forward from a contest at times when your a outside mid playing inside
I don't blame the player I blame the fools who played him out of position
His form in 2021 is far superior to any mid we have on our books
Other than not knowing his brownlow votes for the year (yet) he was consistently getting coaches votes in a team that's playing good footy and sitting in the top 2
Maybe playing him in his right position is paying dividends
As for his wage and length of the deal that is for the club to decide
Lynch may still not have choosen us and why would he. Other than pendles and JDG or Elliott we don't have anyone capable of hitting a leading forward anyways so he would be wasted and subject to the usual collingwood scrutiny
Pep 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:58 pm

Okay, i'll bite now lol and i'm guessing champion data and the AFL stats are different then...

Because AFL stats pro has these umbers for kicking eff, NOT disposal eff.

Season
Treloar - 54.4%
Sidey - 64.8%
Pendles - 62.9%

Career
Treloar - 57.4%
Sidey - 65.1%
Pendles - 67.9%

It should be noted that i have no problem with either player lol
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:58 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Maybe playing him in his right position is paying dividends

If we had the Dog's midfield, we could have afforded to play him outside too. We don't

npalm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:53 am

Well, the Bulldogs clearly rate him very highly. They've brought him straight back into the side after missing a couple of months with injury, despite the fact they already have one of the deepest (best?) midfields in the comp.

Bontempelli, Macrae, Liberatore, Dunkley, Smith, Hunter, Treloar. That's pretty handy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: