Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Age Breaking Story: Swan Attends Gatto Pizza Party

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Oh I can hear the newsroom talk this morning.

Journalist - 34 Essendon players issued infraction notices
Robbo - yes but swan had a chance meetting with Gatto
Journalist - this is the biggest story ever in th afl
Robbo - no not even close swan went to a cafe and Gatto was there and don't forget shaw once bet $10 on a afl game he wasn't involved in
Journalist - yes but this is the careers of 34 players and the future of a club
Robbo - yes but your missing the point swan did some charity work and Gatto was there. This is bigger than any poor Essendon player taking an extra vitamin c tablet by mistake

Exactly the opposite. Robbo was on SEN's 'the run home' last night and thought it was an absolute joke that the Age had run with the story. Was very strong on arguing Swan had absolutely nothing to answer for and was highly critical of Carro and the other muppets for making a big deal of it.

Actually don't get the hate for Robbo. At least he writes about football.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:12 am

ANNODAM wrote:
The old saying come to mind here:

Tell me who your friends are & I will tell you what type of person you are.

Also, if this was a charity event, why was Dane paid?
Shouldn't he have done it for nothing?

I would rather spend time Mick Gatto than you. At least he is a TRUE pies supporter with a backbone.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:17 am

Member 7167 wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

I would rather spend time Mick Gatto than you. At least he is a TRUE pies supporter with a backbone.

Spot on. Absolutely right.

Cant believe a few so called Magpie fans here but as usual, it takes all types to sing in a broad church choir like Collingwood, and not always off the same hymn sheet and I guess that is fair enough in a free speech society Rolling Eyes

This is/was a NON story right from the start. No need to give it any more oxygen.

Now lets all laugh at the Bombers....... Twisted Evil
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 am

David wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
It is not a "moral" question. Everyone has the right to associate with whomever they wish ...unless they are an AFL player. Perceptions can kill. No AFL club can retain its reputation, and sponsors, if its players are in any way associated with disreputable figures. And every AFL player knows that their actions, their every move, will be ruthlessly scrutinized by a parasitic media desperate for profits with lurid stories of AFL players' misdemeanours. That is part of the price of being an AFL star.
Dayne Swan could easily have anticipated that some media outlet would be tracking his attendance at a Gatto owned pizza restaurant, with Mick Gatto in attendance. He should not have gone for this reason alone. It brings unfavourable media attention to our club, and it has the potential to destabilize relations between our players.
Moreover, it seems that Dayne Swan did not tell the truth about who organized the event, further darkening and destabilizing the situation.
I am disappointed, and hope that Dayne Swan will learn from this episode and steer clear from any such engagments in the future.

Your take would have a little more credibility if you could spell our Brownlow medallist's name correctly.

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

Swan is not responsible for media muckraking, and should do whatever he feels like so long as it is lawful and ethical. Associating with criminals—and I'm no Gatto apologist, the guy's a crook—is not a big deal unless you're committing crimes yourself. Which Swan clearly isn't. So, yeah, can we move on please?

This^

I'm a big one for players toeing the company line and looking out for their clubs image and I've said so before on many an occasion. I think its part of their responsibility when they sign a contract. They become media representatives, and can generate income through public appearances which is in part thanks to the club and in part thanks to their own ability. So being mindful of their duties and obligations to their contract, their club and the afl is important, but really in this circumstance give me a frickin break.

He was invited as a guest speaker to an event. Any one could buy a table, he broke no laws, did nothing wrong and went home. Nothing to see.

Just because you rub shoulders with someone doesn't mean you become them. Dane is his own man. Always will be. With the amount of scrutiny place on Dane over his playing career combined with his personality type we are lucky he didn't walk away from the game 5 yrs ago. I just thank the stars Danes a bigger person than all this rubbish.

I also thank the stars for essendon high jacking news day.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:40 am

I saw Buckley shake hands with Hird last year before a game... I think our Bux should be cautious about hanging about with drug dealing cheats!
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:50 am

yin-YANG wrote:
I saw Buckley shake hands with Hird last year before a game... I think our Bux should be cautious about hanging about with drug dealing cheats!

THIS!!^^^

You can't question the logic behind it Twisted Evil
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:00 pm

In other breaking news..Collingwood players seen getting golden handshakes with John Wren, notorious underworld figure.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:08 pm

skaman wrote:
In other breaking news..Collingwood players seen getting golden handshakes with John Wren, notorious underworld figure.

OMG!! He was also observed having a suspicious cup of "tea" with two other undesirables from Bendigo at Casey fields last Saturday. Why is the club allowing such a notorious scoundrel to attend to its VFL team??? This is a scandal............ Shocked
Troppo 

standing on VB tins in the outer at Vic Park

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:20 pm

skaman wrote:

... while receiving golden showers from the Prelate of 'Raheen', notorious otherworld figure, superkeen Pies supporter and regular sharer of the Turkish Steam Baths in Collingwood with J Wren.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Troppo wrote:
skaman wrote:

... while receiving golden showers from the Prelate of 'Raheen', notorious ..............

You old Mannix you.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Good point.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

a "professional mediator" in the notoriously "friendly, amiable" building industry. Nice guy hey? Yeah right. A back bone? How much backbone does he have without his guns or thug mates?

Colourful bloke? Yeah slang for a dirty cril just like chopper read. Tell that to their victims

I'll stick with good honest folk like Annodma thanks.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 pm

skaman wrote:

Embarassed

but we had a good win in the vfl, your honour.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Let's not forget Geoffrey Eddleston, a convicted felon, currently facing charges in the US relating to the hire of a hitman, is a regular guest of the AFL at functions, being a former AFL President. As reward for donating $1 miilion to Carlton he apparently is entitled to a weekly meeting with their coach. Perhaps Malthouse and other Carlton and AFL officials should be stood down for consorting with a known criminal.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:49 pm

OMG! I just heard from a friend who knows people that our Captain, Scott Pendlebury has been involved in a huge scandal. He was caught on camera driving down the Mulgrave freeway, a carriageway known to be used by Gatto and other underworld figures. This could be the end of the guy's career as he has no excuse, although he is only 25, so maybe he was just caught up in the allure of the whole Gangsta lifestyle.

In fact I myself saw Pendles in the Collingwood rooms pre-match sporting a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, the EXACT brand favoured by gangland figures both here and overseas.
All that’s left now is to decide how harshly we punish Scott for these crimes. Clearly he must resign the captaincy immediately, but can we allow him to play out the season?

How many times I gotta say it?
The AFL, and the media WILL come up with ways to derail us. Having us equal 2nd halfway through the season scares these assholes shitless, and they are getting desperate. Did anyone ever stop to ask how anyone found out that Heater placed a $10 bet a few weeks out from the 2011 finals?

There WILL be more of this stuff as long as we continue to perform onfield, just watch!

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: