Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Hawks - All comments

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:
What pisses me off the most about Blair is he's often a fwd 50 target whilst being outnumbered, he needs to GTFO of the fwd line, he often cheats and runs fwd, we all know this, it has to stop.

He never marks the ball in that situation and never controls the drop either because he always loses his feet, he's a $£$%^%%$ hack IMO, as a leading fwd at least.

Seriously, how many times over the last few weeks have we had clean ball going inside 50 and we've chose to go to an outnumbered Blair lol, FFS, who's coaching our fwd line again?

Oh and let's not forget those leads are all along the boundary as well.

So it's his fault the midfield choose him as an out numbered target?

The guy tries his guts out for our club. If his best isn't good enough let the selectors decide and take it out on them. All he's trying to do is play footy and do his best. He's a premiership player FFS.

Believe it or not our midfield doesn't have time to decide who they kick to mostly, if they see a hard lead they'll mostly honour it, they are taught to honour the first option, trouble is Blair is cheating and becoming that option.

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
duggieboy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:02 am

Surely he's not cheating, but coached to be another option down forward
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 am

Defender wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:
What pisses me off the most about Blair is he's often a fwd 50 target whilst being outnumbered, he needs to GTFO of the fwd line, he often cheats and runs fwd, we all know this, it has to stop.

He never marks the ball in that situation and never controls the drop either because he always loses his feet, he's a $£$%^%%$ hack IMO, as a leading fwd at least.

Seriously, how many times over the last few weeks have we had clean ball going inside 50 and we've chose to go to an outnumbered Blair lol, FFS, who's coaching our fwd line again?

The guy tries his guts out for our club. If his best isn't good enough let the selectors decide and take it out on them. All he's trying to do is play footy and do his best. He's a premiership player FFS.

Believe it or not our midfield doesn't have time to decide who they kick to mostly, if they see a hard lead they'll mostly honour it, they are taught to honour the first option, trouble is Blair is cheating and becoming that option.

So your happy to make excuses for everyone else but content to continue trashing one of our players?

We get it defender. We get your not happy with the team selection and think Blair should be dropped based on form. How about leaving it at that rather than making a million posts berating him over and over.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:33 am

I don't see much of a role for Blair going forward but he tries his heart out and could never be questioned for his effort. I have said it before and I'll say it again - he is a lead-up target at CHF only because the alleged CHF goes missing for huge periods of games. Since he has to play White's role, as well as his own, its perhaps a bit of a shame that White doesn't even seem to be able to get to the fall of the ball to crumb Blair's contests (since White is also faster, as well as being 2 feet taller and 30kgs heavier) . Blair has his limitations but squandering his natural talent is not one of them.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:35 am

Defender sums it up well. Hooray for constructive
criticism. Blair does lead short and finds himself a
target to kick to with three to beat. The proverbial
thorn in our side.

melliot 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:29 am

Don't understand or agree with the criticism of Blair.

Yes he had a stinker last week. As did many others. Tends to be a trend, that when the team plays poorly (especially the mids), so do small forwards have a bad one.

Blair was excellent against WCE and was fair the weeks after.

Not saying he is irreplaceable either. But at the moment I don't feel there is a better player ATM to replace what he does.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:38 am

Geez, I hope Blair plays an absolute bloody blinder to shut these armchair critics up. It has even come to the stage where I want Blair to star even if we lose to the Hawks. Rolling Eyes
This constant bloody criticising of our own players (totally unwarranted after one or two ordinary games) means that we can NEVER have a go at Richmond fans eating their own ever again. We are far worse now, we are the number one fans for shitting on our own players. Pathetic so called "supporters" who obviously don't have a frigging clue about sitting side bu side with a player down on his form and SUPPORTING him instead of abusing him. Shocked
Bloodfy pack of "perceptive fellow" the lot of you Blair critics. Shame on you idiots. Evil or Very Mad Mad
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:03 am

What spectators see is not what the coaching staff see. Blair is doing what he is asked to do by the coaching staff or else he would not be in the side.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:21 am

Dropping Blair amongst the injuries we have would
seem like a knee jurk reaction to some. But why persist
with what we already know. Unless your playing
your role that's required at consistent level, give some
one else a go. After all it's a development year, so we're told.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:42 am

I hear stories from the Magpie Manger , that Fasolo has screws loose inside his chamber. And Chopper Reid has a twinge in inside his quad.
I must say it is quite fitting I dont know where Sinclair is sitting , but Freeman is a man who is always has his hamstring inside a dock. -

Hi to Nick Cave

www.facebook/the hybernators
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:43 am

Culprit wrote:
What spectators see is not what the coaching staff see. Blair is doing what he is asked to do by the coaching staff or else he would not be in the side.

or even ask of their players. this rings true for why some of our vfl guys are not getting games.

when i lived in wellington i used to sit next to the all black coaches during super rugby games. when overhearing their commentary i would often wonder if we were watching different games.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:48 am

Defender wrote:
September Zeros wrote:
Defender wrote:

What a disgraceful comment about a Collingwood Premiership player who is physically small by todays standards, is certainly not the most naturally player out there but a player who gives it everything his has - every match.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:07 pm

Totally agree member. Freedom of speech is one thing but the attacks this week on Adams and Blair has been nothing short of being bloody disgraceful bile from a pack of loony tunes. Unwarranted and shows a lack of maturity at best. At worst, a lot more than that.
We are now officially worse than Richmond as "supporters".
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:57 pm

Obviously the Hawks are a well respected outfit, even if they're not in full swing at the moment. Like most Collingwood supporters, I still rate them super high. I'd like to think we've had our eye on this game for a little while. I like our chances. Collingwood to win.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:15 pm

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
Obviously the Hawks are a well respected outfit, even if they're not in full swing at the moment. Like most Collingwood supporters, I still rate them super high. I'd like to think we've had our eye on this game for a little while. I like our chances. Collingwood to win.

Love your enthusiasm but I'm in the "oh we're in for a repeat of last weekend at both AFL and VFL levels" camp.... Having 14 senior and rookie listed players unavailable, half arguably best 22, is a bridge just too far.

Would be over the moon if the side managed to pull off an unlikely win but reality suggests that I'd better be prepared for the opposite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13   

Jump to: