Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not our luckiest game I thought. Those 50/50 imponderables didn't go our way. In the last quarter we missed our get of jail link men in Mihocek and Cox who we rely on to take those break out marks in transition from the back line. Same in the middle where our depleted midfield had no answers to Bontempelli and Treloar who had more in the tank in the last quarter. Darcy rucked well but was tired out in the end. Neither Frampton and Johnson are ruck men and their rucking output was predictably low.

I thought Frampton was kept in the forward line too long and both him and Markov should have been moved back at 3/4 time with Howe and Parker moved forward. Ash Johnson's output was too low for a key forward though he seemed to be better later when playing up the ground. I wouldn't mind seeing him moved to defence occasionally to sharpen him up (wasn't he playing as a defender before we recruited him?). That said I think we should persist with him next week, particularly if Reef and/or Mihocek is unavailable.

Those posters attacking our young players need to get a grip. Young players are rarely consistent but some posters have an unreasonable expectation that they are all going to be Nick Daicos every week. I thought most of them had reasonable games - certainly no worse than many of our more senior players whose output wasn't a whole lot better. The call for the end of the careers of players who have played one full game or less are just absurd. Continued persistence (we have little choice anyway) with our youngsters will pay dividends in the long run.

I fear a bit for Darcy Cameron. He is carrying a heavy load in the ruck and around the ground at the moment and if he goes down we are well and truly stuffed.

I thought this game would be 50/50 with us getting over the line in the end. The Doggos have some good players and overwhelmed us in the end when fatigue and the lack of linking options out of the backline killed us.

I am less confident about Melbourne next week but the way they are playing against Freo who knows really...

SLORT 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:00 pm

^Well said. As for Melbourne...yeah, not great for us that they were flogged. Hard to see them performing that badly two weeks in a row. It probably all depends on Gawn vs Cameron.
R.Barham 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:19 pm

SLORT wrote:
^Well said. As for Melbourne...yeah, not great for us that they were flogged. Hard to see them performing that badly two weeks in a row. It probably all depends on Gawn vs Cameron.

Cameron has been very solid this year
Full faith that Cameron will keep Gawn accountable.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:36 pm

I wonder how all those people who were angry with our performance the other night would react if we played like Melbourne did today.Losing to Fremantle by 92 points,the same Fremantle that we drew with last week in Perth with a severely depleted side,At least our side has heart.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:13 pm

I'm with those who can't understand the pessimism displayed by some. The bottom line is we lost to the Dogs because we had several VFL only standard players in our team. All we need is to 2-3 of our gun players back and we'll be a real force again. We may lose a couple more games before then, but once our soldiers return to the battle, I expect us to storm home and go on an extended winning streak, taking us to the finals. From there we can win the Flag from 8th if necessary.
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:38 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Not our luckiest game I thought. Those 50/50 imponderables didn't go our way.
I thought this game would be 50/50 with us getting over the line in the end. The Doggos have some good players and overwhelmed us in the end when fatigue and the lack of linking options out of the backline killed us.
I am less confident about Melbourne next week...

After watching replays and being at a few games this season, I have noticed one imponderable issue, the 50/50 line ball decisions are going against us about 60% of the time, something the club and coaches have to deal with because the players whinging to the maggots never works. Somehow this has to be entwined into our training so that we counter this problem on the field with a new preparedness so as not to be affected by it or being intimidated by this. We should be confident that our best football will overcome these irritations. Therefore I believe that Collingwood can and win this game.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:42 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
derkd wrote:

Leaving aside injuries or not, if I recall correctly...North gave us very real problems last year..we only won by seven points.

So no matter who is playing, we will need to put up a better effort than last year.

While I don’t disagree with your comments about having to be switched on, I think we need to put Norths on field capabilities in some sort of context. They haven’t won a game all year and have an AVERAGE losing margin of 54 points after 11 games. The difference between North of last year and this year is that last year they had some sort of semblance of a backline. This year without McKay and Logue, they have genuinely close to the worst backline in AFL history. If we get it inside our own 50, it will almost be impossible not to score. That’s not to say we don’t kick twenty behinds on the day but there’s also every chance we would still win if we did.
The real concern with North, is that once again, several perennial under performing clubs will be gifted 2 games against them in one season. We could easily miss out on the eight simply because of the above lop sided draw, particularly with percentage coming into play once again. The only good news is that, for those teams who do fall into the eight on the back of playing North twice, they will get their rude awakening in Sept.

They've won 1 out of their last 32 games.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:55 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I wonder how all those people who were angry with our performance the other night would react if we played like Melbourne did today.Losing to Fremantle by 92 points,the same Fremantle that we drew with last week in Perth with a severely depleted side,At least our side has heart.

I'd be screaming to sack Goodwin

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:59 pm

Don’t forget the “this is their GF” mantra that makes teams play out of their skins! I expect North to start with a real purpose and intent but fade badly enabling us to win fairly easily in the end.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 7:10 pm

doriswilgus wrote:

EXACTLY, spot on, the glass half empty brigade, would be comatose under a doona, if we lost like that, on an oxygen tank. Laughing

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:53 am

What'sinaname wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

I’d be screaming to sack him just for the drug culture issues (that everyone’s forgotten about).
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:55 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

I’d be screaming to sack him just for the drug culture issues (that everyone’s forgotten about).

" SHE NO LIE, SHE NO LIE, SHE NO LIE......... COCAINE. " - J J CALE. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: