Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The consolidated Toooooves thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obleex 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Has there actually been ANY quotes from Alan himself in this? How do we know he even wants to go? He's got an outspoken, phony manager who thinks he's better than he is.

Until I hear something from Alan himself, I don't believe it.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 am

FFS, give the kid a break. He's entitled to try to get the best deal possible for himself, and his manager is simply trying to pressure Collingwood to cough up some dough. By all accounts he's only asking for 20% of what Scully is getting. Seems a reasonable ask to me.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 am

^ Unless Tooves has a guaranteed club to go to at an already negotiated prices and is 100% going to happen if Collingwood say 'piss off'; then I'd be likely to assume that his manager is going about this the wrong way (infact some radio show spoke to a player agent last night and said exactly what I said above - I can't name which show, as I only heard about it from two different people; one being my father).

By that, I mean a Luke Ball to Collingwood styled thing if they can't get a trade to work.

Last edited by Brenny on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 am

Wow 12 pages for the Tooves??? And a consolidated thread??

Can he ever reach the heights of the consolidated MM threads, or the Get Cousins and Fev Threads???

C'morn Tooves I am putting $10 on ya!!!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Brenny 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:03 am

^ Shaw said the odds were against him Wink
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 am

RudeBoy wrote:
FFS, give the kid a break. He's entitled to try to get the best deal possible for himself, and his manager is simply trying to pressure Collingwood to cough up some dough. By all accounts he's only asking for 20% of what Scully is getting. Seems a reasonable ask to me.

Well said. Although his manager seems a right turkey.

5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 am

I just checked google images for Jim Marinis to see what this joker looks like (I cant get Lionel Hutz out of my head).

All I could find were various photos of different people, a couple of Alan Toovey, a dog, a dead rat and a tamagotchi...
4pies Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

watt price tully wrote:
Liked the Lionel Hutz reference by 5150!!

that was brilliant Laughing

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:47 am

bwphantom wrote:
Wow 12 pages for the Tooves??? And a consolidated thread??

Can he ever reach the heights of the consolidated MM threads, or the Get Cousins and Fev Threads???

C'morn Tooves I am putting $10 on ya!!!

Heath Shaw has told me he wants a piece of this action too, he also thinks that there will be 5 more threads pop up around the place, and then there will be 4 more bagging him.

Heath still owes me his inside knowledge on the Horses.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Scotch 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:05 pm

After my hiatus from football following....

Anyway, suffice to say I was quite surprised to see this on the AFL's homepage. Please stay Tooves!

3.14159 Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:12 pm

5150 wrote:
I just checked google images for Jim Marinis to see what this joker looks like (I cant get Lionel Hutz out of my head).

All I could find were various photos of different people, a couple of Alan Toovey, 1.a dog, 2.a dead rat and 3. a tamagotchi...

Which is his manager? 1,2 or 3?
roar 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:15 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

It's the way it's being done, Rudi. And he obviously hasn't told his agent to pull his head in.

As for the $ differential, all the players are signing contracts for less than they can get elsewhere. That's the way it needs to be for them to stay together. If Tooves isn't happy with that, fine, we can try and work out a trade and he can go elsewhere. No need for media hysterics from his agent. All that has achieved is a lessening of his trade value.

In short, his agent (and therefore Tooves, himself) is putting himself before the club. And you know how we feel about that.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:36 pm

roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

It's the way it's being done, Rudi. And he obviously hasn't told his agent to pull his head in.

As for the $ differential, all the players are signing contracts for less than they can get elsewhere. That's the way it needs to be for them to stay together. If Tooves isn't happy with that, fine, we can try and work out a trade and he can go elsewhere. No need for media hysterics from his agent. All that has achieved is a lessening of his trade value.

In short, his agent (and therefore Tooves, himself) is putting himself before the club. And you know how we feel about that.

I understand your view, but it's not one I share. Whether we like it or not (and I don't like it), the days of playing for the jumper are long gone. When the CEO of the AFL earns $2.7 million a year, footy is now a business. I'm not aware of Tooves or his manager going to the media. However, having been unable to get a reasonable offer (as they see it) from Collingwood, his manager simply advised other clubs that Tooves was open to other offers. Like other Pies supporters I am disappointed it has come to this, but I don't for one moment see anything wrong in what Tooves or his manager has done. Unfortunately if we lose Tooves, then this will likely to have been the result of the large sums we had to fork out to hold Pendles, Swan and Daisy.
dayna36 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:39 pm

In short, his agent (and therefore Tooves, himself) is putting himself before the club. And you know how we feel about that.[/quote]

Spot on!!!!! it's the way Tooves has gone about it...imagine if GWS was after him..our A graders knocked back the big bucks so it just makes Toovey look a bit too self-absorbed
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:03 pm

So what do the Pies do if Toovey doesn't commit to a new contract.

Although I am generally not a fan of letting a bloke go for nothing but if Toovs does leave it might be in our best interests not to do a trade and let him go into the draft. GWS would swoop and take him as an uncontracted player thus it will then not allow them to approach/make offers to any of the players that will be coming out of contract next season, it might be a blessing for us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: