Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Crows beat Pies - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:37 pm
Post subject: Re: HmmmmmReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
4pies wrote:
just reported on the news that a few of our supporters where arrested over night in adelaide.
i wonder what the crime was?
being out in a public place after midnight!

I think my wife and her brothers were amongst them. She has been delayed coming home on the train due to issues with Government. That's all I know. Anyway I am enjoying myself without her. Neighbours wife keeps me company.

She's the Kenyan is she Hiss.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:17 pm
Post subject: Re: HmmmmmReply with quote

collie dog wrote:
Hiss wrote:
4pies wrote:
just reported on the news that a few of our supporters where arrested over night in adelaide.
i wonder what the crime was?
being out in a public place after midnight!

I think my wife and her brothers were amongst them. She has been delayed coming home on the train due to issues with Government. That's all I know. Anyway I am enjoying myself without her. Neighbours wife keeps me company.

She's the Kenyan is she Hiss.

Yes why? Do you have an issue with multiracial ? I am keeping in line with the club colours.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Yeah, pretty much agree with all you say, you summed it up well really, and this really was the crows grand final, probably would have beaten most other teams tonight, they were up, and we were never ON, simple as that, we now regroup and move on, hit back hard next week.
Oh, and by the way, happy birthday mate, have a good one. Wink

Cheers mate. I did have a good one despite the loss Smile

In regards to the Pies, we'll be fine. This is a typical setback that young developing teams have from time to time. I expect a strong response against the Eagles next weekend.

Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:48 am
Post subject: Re: The Crows lossReply with quote

derkd wrote:
Some teams handle the bye some years, and some don't. We came out looking rusty in the first term. Like a side that had not played a match in two weeks. Crows came out playing much better pressure football. We never really looked like a side that wanted to be out there.

No siren lost us the game. We had players giving away silly free kicks and some poor dissension making. I would argue that it is a learning curb for the young kids.....i hope they put it behind them and put in a far better effort against the eagles.

Is that the first match we have played at Adelaide oval in a long time? Also we are now 0 - 6? from Thursday night matches?

Spot on mate, apart from the facts first quarter was our best, there's no excuses for being the side that doesn't want to be out there, the sirengate had no effect on the game whatsoever, kids can't be blamed when we have the best available side for the year on the park and having a bye or playing on Thursday had 0 bearing on the outcome.
So yeah, great assessment over all.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:46 am

Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Yeah, pretty much agree with all you say, you summed it up well really, and this really was the crows grand final, probably would have beaten most other teams tonight, they were up, and we were never ON, simple as that, we now regroup and move on, hit back hard next week.

In regards to the Pies, we'll be fine. This is a typical setback that young developing teams have from time to time. I expect a strong response against the Eagles next weekend.

I HATE to say this but the weagles is a danger game. I would not count it as an automatic rebound win. We need to select appropriately and play much better, two big asks..... Rolling Eyes
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:22 am

Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I HATE to say this but the weagles is a danger game. I would not count it as an automatic rebound win. We need to select appropriately and play much better, two big asks..... Rolling Eyes
I agree Lazza, we are going in as massive favourites and expected to win as we did against the Crows.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:14 am

Culprit wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I agree Lazza, we are going in as massive favourites and expected to win as we did against the Crows.

Fully agree, especially after GWS played them back into form and confidence. We got lucky with LeCras getting suspended which is the opposite to the Crows who got Douglas, Rutten, and Walker back.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:37 am

We didn't work hard enough, simple as that. The Crows played well and worked hard, we didn't chase hard enough or spread well enough, for wahtever reason. We would've beaten a few teams with that performance but not many.

We'll look like a different team against the eagles, that's what young teams do!

- Ben
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:51 am

Damien wrote:
I reckon that was the hottest, most pressure game all year. The game was played in close quarters all night more so than any other. There were no easy possessions. I reckon that says a bit about or structures last night but more about the way the crows played. They were on a mission and as the crowd got louder they got better.

I agree and I think it is telling, that until we learn to handle that sort of pressure we are going to struggle to beat the likes of Hawthorn, Geelong and Port Adelaide and Fremantle.

In our best years we have learn to absorb and give that level of intensity. I think allot might have to do with that younger players in our team - which is fine...all part of their learning process.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Culprit wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

True and there lies the danger in itself, just like last week. Collingwood MUST treat this as their grand final, just like the Crows did to us. Prepare as diligently as you would for a GF and play like you would in a winning one in 1990, 2010 Twisted Evil (not 2002, 2003). They have to fire right up.

It's a loosely used word but this game really IS a must win game.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:42 pm
Post subject: Re: The Crows lossReply with quote

Beast wrote:
derkd wrote:
Some teams handle the bye some years, and some don't. We came out looking rusty in the first term. Like a side that had not played a match in two weeks. Crows came out playing much better pressure football. We never really looked like a side that wanted to be out there.

No siren lost us the game. We had players giving away silly free kicks and some poor dissension making. I would argue that it is a learning curb for the young kids.....i hope they put it behind them and put in a far better effort against the eagles.

Is that the first match we have played at Adelaide oval in a long time? Also we are now 0 - 6? from Thursday night matches?

Spot on mate, apart from the facts first quarter was our best, there's no excuses for being the side that doesn't want to be out there, the sirengate had no effect on the game whatsoever, kids can't be blamed when we have the best available side for the year on the park and having a bye or playing on Thursday had 0 bearing on the outcome.
So yeah, great assessment over all.

Agreed we did not come out switched on. The match ups were wrong as discussed , Frost should have gone to Jenkins and Keefe should have gone to Walker. Cloke cant show weakness comments to the media like "if i get beaten early i struggle" , I doubt Craig Kelly or Monky would have told any scribe 'that kind of tripe'

www.facebook/the hybernators

Last edited by 3rd degree on Mon May 19, 2014 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:22 pm

So there are some don't matter if we win games then going by that logic?
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:46 pm

^^^ yep, there's openess and honesty, and then there's stupidity.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:55 pm

1061 wrote:
So there are some don't matter if we win games then going by that logic?

There are exactly such games, as a matter of fact.

If we are in the final 4 for example and cannot gain or lose a ladder position in the last round, you could mount an argument for resting several key players before the finals series.

If I recall correctly, Freo did just that during the last round in 2013.... Rolling Eyes
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:01 pm

Brown26 wrote:
We didn't work hard enough, simple as that. The Crows played well and worked hard, we didn't chase hard enough or spread well enough, for wahtever reason. We would've beaten a few teams with that performance but not many.

We'll look like a different team against the eagles, that's what young teams do!

- Ben

We "should" look like a different team against the eagles but with young, developing teams, inconsistency stuffs up the theories... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: