Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match v Cats...all comments here thanks!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:

63000? Well that just goes to show that all those pretend memberships mean sweet FA as the people are voting with their feet over game scheduling and refuse to simply attend.

how do you explain the 63k tonight?

Perhaps on a Sunday afternoon though, they may have clocked 80 000? Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 pm

^^ A lot of people struggling with the cost of living, a game of footy is easy to forgo when you can still watch free on tv. It's just not cheap entertainment anymore.

I know Laz & I travelled down from Bendigo for the game but you add $60-70 in fuel & parking, 2x $44 for tickets, $40 each for a few drinks pre-game, $20 each for food and we've racked up $260-300 for the night.
Warbler 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:28 am

I live in Noosa & have a full membership , just as my way of giving something back to the club .

The cost of flying down , accommodation , food , drinks etc etc is just way too much for me .

My point being that not all members are in a position to attend the games , but we support the club as best we can .

GO PIES
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 am

Fought hard, but had three things that really went against us:

1/ That koknokker Hawkins, aaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!
2/ Travis being raped in the forward line. No protection from Lonergan's brutal embrace all night.
3/ The usual "rub of the green" that Geelong experiences weekly in regards to umpiring decisions.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:33 am

John Wren wrote:
Culprit wrote:

63000? Well that just goes to show that all those pretend memberships mean sweet FA as the people are voting with their feet over game scheduling and refuse to simply attend.

how do you explain the 63k tonight?
63k? Does that include paid up members with seats who did not attend? The crowd was below what the club budgeted for.

The AFL is turning the peoples game into a TV game with the clubs blessing. Last nights attendance was roughly the same. The time slots are for TV not for people and people are now choosing not to attend. Members failed to turn up to Etihad in round 1 as confirmed by Gary Pert.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:59 am

couple the 63k with likely to be healthy tv ratings and the afl (and tv networks) will believe they're onto a winner ... sunday night footy will be here to stay.

this will only work for teams with strong support bases.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Love the application of some many. Tom Langdon should be rising star this week after his start to the season
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:04 pm

I need to watch the replay. Thought Langdon was OK but nothing like his round 1 efforts. I can't recall him much in the first half - I need to look again.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:14 pm

He had 20 but I guess was quieter than other weeks. 3 Rounds off consistent footy might be enough for a gong perhaps.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:14 pm

watt price tully wrote:
BBHS wrote:
Love the application of some many. Tom Langdon should be rising star this week after his start to the season

I need to watch the replay. Thought Langdon was OK but nothing like his round 1 efforts. I can't recall him much in the first half - I need to look again.

Thought he was among our best but not sure if having a back pocket get 20 odd possessions is a good thing or it means that the ball was inside our defensive area way too much. They beat us in the inside 50 count 56-42 so probably a bit too much of the second.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:36 pm

^^^ Well, his game on Saturday night was better than all of our last three Copeland Trophy winners by some considerable margin, so he's doing something right! His ball handling is very clean and his decision-making is exceptional for a boy who has only played 3 games.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:02 pm

I wasn't at the game & saw the game on TV. I've now watched the first half in replay.

I like Langdon & think he will be a good'en.

He was OK in the first half.

Had 2 goals kicked on him in the first qtr: Murdoch & Varcoe - Langdon got lost in traffic at CHF when Varcoe skipped across & kicked a great goal. Not entirely his fault.

Having said that he did a few nice things that belie his age/experience. He is a good kick

I also thought other players did not look to him when they could have.

I'm still to look at the second half. Might wear my glasses this time too.

Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:08 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think the recruiting has been good for a few years. The trouble at the moment is that most of our our moderate to high picks from the 2012 & 2013 drafts aren't yet on the park. Give it a little more time.

Yes I agree it's been good, and Ramsay aside (I don't rate him at all) we haven't made obvious blunders but it's nowhere near the likes of Geelong's, Hawks', Port's etc
However I do have high hopes for Grundy, Sharenberg, Broomhead and Freeman.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:24 am

Saw the 2nd half on replay. IMO Langdon played a very good last quarter.

In all: 3 OK quarters & one very good quarter. Really pleasing for a 3 gamer. Level headed.

Seeing the replay again - Fas played a good game for his first game back. Cloke definitely ought to have been awarded at least 2-3 free kicks.

The umpires also missed giving a free against Dawson Simpson for incorrect disposal after trying to get the ball from the ruck late in the last quarter. This was a massive oversight / error & may have affected the outcome of the game as we had momentum after Elliot's 2 goals. We would have had a free to go into attack from the centre area with good time to spare.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:01 am

watt price tully wrote:
Saw the 2nd half on replay. IMO Langdon played a very good last quarter.

In all: 3 OK quarters & one very good quarter. Really pleasing for a 3 gamer. Level headed.

Seeing the replay again - Fas played a good game for his first game back. Cloke definitely ought to have been awarded at least 2-3 free kicks.

The umpires also missed giving a free against Dawson Simpson for incorrect disposal after trying to get the ball from the ruck late in the last quarter. This was a massive oversight / error & may have affected the outcome of the game as we had momentum after Elliot's 2 goals. We would have had a free to go into attack from the centre area with good time to spare.

i believe the umpire swallowed their whistle on that one becasue it looked like Pendles was off to the races. the probklem was, Pendles couldnt turn towards goal and instead sent the ball towards the wing.

I agree that was a massive miss. In a game that was down to one kick with 2 minutes left, having the chance to kick long to the 50 was something that would have been very helpful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: