Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Crows beat Pies - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree Lazza.I think most honest, not totally one-eyed collingwood supporters have a watch and see attitude towards this season. And are keeping a level head no matter the wins or losses. But are more keep to see the development of the side as a whole. They are not starting "the sky is falling" or "we are premiership favourite" threads.... And we wonder why people roll their eyes at Collingwood supporters.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Absolutely spot on comments. Look, to each their own and everyone has a right to an opinion and all that but sometimes I get frustrated at some fans inert inability to recognise where the team is at with relation to development. When you look at the recent averages around player ages, amounts of senior games, match experiences, body sizes etc with flag winning teams, you can tell that this particular Collingwood team is set to peak around 2016/17. Any success prior to that will be an incredible bloody bonus.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:30 pm

Didn't that go well for us towards the end of 2011?
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Didn't that go well for us towards the end of 2011?

Irrelevant point. You could argue that it went well for Freo last year, they made the GF....... Rolling Eyes
The point IS that at a certain time after a very long and demanding season, a game or two need not be necessarily must win games...... Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Remind me who won the 2011 and 2013 GF's because I don't think it was us or Freo.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:06 pm

^^^ I think that's probably "Irrelevant", 1061.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:07 pm

1061 wrote:
Remind me who won the 2011 and 2013 GF's because I don't think it was us or Freo.

Hawthorn rested players as well in 2013, so there goes that theory Wink.

Lazza's right, some games at the end of a season do not matter. Our loss to Geelong in Round 22 of 2011 was irrelevant to our loss in the GF. Our mistake may have been not resting more players. We lost the Grand Final due to injury to key players and fatigue. We had Geelong's measure for two and a half quarters and the game played nothing like the round 22 game.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:09 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
1061 wrote:

Lazza's right, some games at the end of a season do not matter. Our loss to Geelong in Round 22 of 2011 was irrelevant to our loss in the GF. Our mistake may have been not resting more players. We lost the Grand Final due to injury to key players and fatigue. We had Geelong's measure for two and a half quarters and the game played nothing like the round 22 game.

That RD 22 Loss to Cats in 2011 Killed our Momentum we had Build Up and the Cats knew they could beat us where other sides did not have that

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:39 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
1061 wrote:

Spot on.

Hawthorn does this to perfection and wins Grand Finals. We need to improve our strategies when we get to such a position after a long and arduous season.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:41 pm

1061 wrote:

Sydney did this and won in 2012

Hawthorn did this and won in 2013.

They probably did this better than Freo or us.

The Grand final can be a raffle anyway you look at it but such one percenters can help.
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:16 pm

I guess when we got through a tough first 7 rounds at 5-2, people thought we were a little better than what we are right now. When you analyze those seven rounds, Tigers & Blues are not exactly top notch wins. It seems the Bombers are floundering also. I still think we will fall somewhere between 6th & 8th by seasons end. It's just where I think we are at.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:52 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Most Adelaide supporters have two heads hence the noise.

Aren't they proof tasmanians can swim? Your theory is correct!

www.facebook/the hybernators
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:45 pm

shit kicking is shit football.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:22 pm

woftam wrote:
I guess when we got through a tough first 7 rounds at 5-2, people thought we were a little better than what we are right now. When you analyze those seven rounds, Tigers & Blues are not exactly top notch wins. It seems the Bombers are floundering also. I still think we will fall somewhere between 6th & 8th by seasons end. It's just where I think we are at.

Nail head hammer.
On face value a 5-2 start with the difficult draw is a good result but if we are to dissect each of our wins most of them weren't anything to write home about. In fact I think that our loss to Geelong had more merit than any of our wins to date.
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Nail head hammer.
On face value a 5-2 start with the difficult draw is a good result but if we are to dissect each of our wins most of them weren't anything to write home about. In fact I think that our loss to Geelong had more merit than any of our wins to date.[/quote]
Well said beast. I remember feeling - perhaps for the first time ever - happy with our performance in a game that the Collingwood Football Club didn't win. I too felt that the game against Geelong was not maybe our finest performance of the season, but easily our finest performance of the season. The Sydney and North outfits we beat were a shadow of the teams they are now, whilst Geelong threw everything at us and couldn't have played much better. This week's game against West Coast is no gimme and they will have set themselves for this particular game from pretty early on. I think we'll win, but I'd take a 1 point win right now...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14   

Jump to: