Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Whats the matter with me ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish I was going but I've been feeling sick all week with a bacterial infection so I've decided to give this game a miss for the sake of resting up. I can't wait to attend next week's match against North Melbourne though. I know it's piss weak but I'm too tired and rundown to head to the game tonight unfortunately.

I'll still be yelling my head off at home though and cheering on the side! Twisted Evil

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 pm

The mcg is sterile
everything is controlled
nobody yells out
The atmoshere is frigging boring
víc park was the highlight of the football
world

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:51 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I live 5 mins walk from the MCG and I have a reserve seat.

Tonight, I'm going to watch it on TV.

Is there something wrong with me? Just age I guess.

40 minutes by train for me, plus walking time to the station and then to the G. Then the mayhem of trying to get home in the rain.

CBF, I'm watching it on TV tonight.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Your missing an awesome night. It's not raining it's not cold. It's loud both ends, and best of all our guys are really getting stuck in

Cheers

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 pm

think positive wrote:
Your missing an awesome night. It's not raining it's not cold. It's loud both ends, and best of all our guys are really getting stuck in

Cheers

I'm already yelling at home, but please yell on my behalf as well TP! You owe me from two years ago when we played the Dockers Razz

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Joffa There?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers

I'm already yelling at home, but please yell on my behalf as well TP! You owe me from two years ago when we played the Dockers Razz

Haha you got it Jezza!

Hope your feeling even better in an hour or so!!!

Cant see Joffa Dave and I'm right behind the cheers squad !

Last edited by think positive on Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 pm

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers

Haha you got it Jezza!

Thanks TP Smile. Wish I was there but I need to recover from my infection!

Will be back and firing next week against North!

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:20 pm

Frost pwning Reiwoldt
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:32 pm

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:

Cheers

Haha you got it Jezza!

Hope your feeling even better in an hour or so!!!

Well then that is very poor by Joffa.

Has this something to do with the Fan Union that he was part of setting up?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:58 pm

Yeh, living out in Mt evelyn now, its a long haul to the G, pissing rain, what the hell, get a six pack, fish n chips, curl up, my boxer dogs on either side of me, watch brucie and his gang on tele, and its GO PIES. !!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

I am down from Brissie and went tonight. Sat next to the Richmond cheer squad. They were pathetic, but at least u could see them. Ours was non existent, a small white blob at the city end.

No noise, minimal atmosphere. When I shouted out regularly I got looks and security lurking around.

62000 and it was really boring until the last quarter. I believe footy is a shadow of its former self. Very sterile, no characters, cheer squads tiny, the product on the field totally devoid of one on one contests.

Was a boring game, boring crowd. Fact.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:12 am

Surprisingly, it wasn't cold at all. And it didn't rain.

Still a shit game but.

#SIDEBYSIDE
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:56 am

There's several posts I want to reply to here:

Think Positive: Once again, thanks for yelling on my behalf Smile. It was a great night to beat the Tigers and tonight's win made up for an ordinary week in general! They haven't beaten us since I was in 7th grade as well and I'm in second year uni now Razz

Dave the Man: Don't get ahead of yourself mate. Just because TP didn't see Joffa tonight doesn't necessarily he wasn't in attendance tonight. Even if Joffa didn't attend tonight's game that's his own choice and it deserves to be respected. I always like attending the games but I can understand Joffa's disillusionment with the game in general at the moment as well as I was really disillusioned with the game over the summer but seeing the young kids emerge for the club gives me reason to be optimistic about the future as well.

Big T: Any victory against the Tigers doesn't constitute a 'shit' game even if it wasn't the most spectacular match to watch. Although I do agree with you that the typical crowd at an AFL match has changed substantially and is very subdued. Is it the fiasco that we've seen in the past 12 months that's made people bitter, quiet etc? Who knows. In regards to the CS, I like the fact that they stand out more in the crowd with their new white uniform but I'd love to see the amount of people in it increase. More people = more loudness and intimidation. At least it's improved somewhat as opposed to previous years.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 am

Don't know why everyone is whinging

Had a great night, the atmosphere was great, I think the crowd can see as with last week the effort the guys are putting in.

The last few seasons have left me cold, firstly 2011, the off field bullshit and playing catch up in the last 1/4 like we just had to put the gas down to win, that worked out well. And the last 2 seasons of half hearted can't be £$%$ed attitude.

I'm seeing a new team, a team that is yes, learning a new game almost, a team that looks more professional, a team that looks like they want this. Last night felt like the crowd around us could feel it too. And I'm in the bay next to the cheer squad.

I've knocked shit out of them the past couple of years on here, and this year they are bigger, more obvious, they seem to have a new attitude, they seem more vocal. No, not perfect, but a lot better.

It would be great to be no. 1 year in year out, but it's not possible for anyone. Yes I know I know, other teams have had more success. And a hell of a lot more luck. Some pure luck, some human made luck. Take geeeelong for example. They played a £$%$ed port in a gf, anyone could have won that. Then the scumps robbed the saints blind to hand them a 2nd. At least we made them work bloody hard for 2011. Don't ever forget that. We were the best team all year, but for the last 25 minutes of the season and we did not lay down and die.

The mm stuff has left a long lasting bitter pill, yes definately handled wrong, as was the Cloke stuff. But the club has learnt from it.

Make no mistake, this is Buckleys team now, anyone not happy with it, they are gone. No more playing guys for emotional reasons. You want it you earn it. As with Buckley, pure attitude, and honest hard work.

Those knocking Cloke, he's still playing a role. I too hope he cracks it and slams someone into the turf. But last night, 3 big forwards, a couple of excellent crumbers, (Jamie is standing up to be counted big time) and the opposition was stuffed. Even if he doesn't kick those goals, he is still every week taking away at least 1 of the oppositions best defenders. Sometimes 2. Last night only 1 could be on him, because we had so many targets. When that configuration gets in sinc, what the hell with the opposing defenders do? And then you watch the boy wan his dosh. He's huge, he's strong, and he's bloody determined. Name one other forward who takes the crap he does, and doesn't do a Richardson sooky la la. He's worth every cent of the money he is on. The team is now building around him.

Swan looked preppy again, as does PENDLES, but gees they are both just magnificent. Their 75% is still 125 of anyone else's. Ball was right in there last night, love the tough stuff. Our new back line is all coming together nicely. Don't forget it's practically a whole new line up! In the A grade competition! And maybe last night didn't mean that much, but it sure as hell did against a team like Geelong.

So those who didn't enjoy last night, stay on the wagon for a few weeks. I promise you this ride is going to be worth it.

Go Pies!

Team bucks all the way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: