Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bruth...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:43 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very average commentator is Bruce calls it before it happens then it doesn't BT is the same. Gerard Whately is the best , but is becoming full of himself these days as well.

www.facebook/the hybernators
slydog81 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:52 am

Its a sad day when you prefer the other SAussie twat Mclaughlin ahead of Bwoooooooce
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:34 pm

As I said, Joel, what a crock.

Every year, same old. Collingwood loses and out come the same whingers and whinges about commentators.

Walls, Lane, McAvaney, Harley, Taylor, Russell etc. It's as if their bad and/or biased commentary lost us the game.

BORING.

All I really want from a commentator is stats - and there are few better at that than McAvaney.

Who cares if the comms sound like they favour one team or another ?!? Well, obviously, nearly everone who's posted in this thread. But why ? What's it matter ?

Contrary to what many seem to think, commentary DOESN'T affect the result of a game or how our players perform.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:54 pm

The bias against Collingwood in his and other members of the channel 7 commentary team is obvious.

It always amazes me how excited he and others can get about players from the opposition but very rarely about our own.

Last night if it had of been us kicking the goal after the siren you can be sure it wouldn't have been brushed off so easily by those in the commentary team.

It was pathetic and unprofessional.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Obviously commentary doesn't affect the outcome of the game and might be considered a peripheral concern in the broader scheme of things, to say the least. But we all (apart from Tannin) watch football on TV at least now and then, and that means spending the better part of three hours listening to whoever's commentating. Win, lose or draw, Bruce is excruciating at least 50% of the time. You're probably right that losing exacerbates things, but the complaints are still mostly valid.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Correct, commentary does not affect the outcome of a game, but it can affect the equanimity of the viewer.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Donny, if all you want is stats, Bruce USED to be the best. He babbles on with inane chatter mid-game like the rest of 'em now. And someone needs to remind him he's a play-by-play man, not a special comments man.

Really hard to watch whether Collingwood is playing or not.

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:44 pm

The 7 commentary team is as annoying as opening a packet of chips and finding only it only a third full. Every time you buy one.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:32 am

Donny wrote:
As I said, Joel, what a crock.

Every year, same old. Collingwood loses and out come the same whingers and whinges about commentators.

Walls, Lane, McAvaney, Harley, Taylor, Russell etc. It's as if their bad and/or biased commentary lost us the game.

BORING.

All I really want from a commentator is stats - and there are few better at that than McAvaney.

Who cares if the comms sound like they favour one team or another ?!? Well, obviously, nearly everone who's posted in this thread. But why ? What's it matter ?

Contrary to what many seem to think, commentary DOESN'T affect the result of a game or how our players perform.

Wrong I have complained about Bruce win or lose as have others
He is unprofessional and I just mute him,
I cannot watch other matches when he commentates.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 7:47 am

Whateley and that old Carlton bloke who's name escapes me are the best commentators I reckon, on ABC radio.

Jeez the Carlton bloke can give a bake, particularly about the Blues.

Harley is shocking, seems even worse this year; his visceral dislike for Pies, Hawks and a handful of indivdual players is quite breathtaking.

He reminds me of that out of school talking, Thirsty Merc looking piece of crap from Corio who wrote the 'tell-all' biography

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Donny, McAvaney is tedious. I think most people would still have complained about him if we had won.
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Agree with what has been said about Bruce, he used to be OK now he has lost the plot completely with his stupid words.

Tell me where in professional sports broadcasting you will find a commentator who says:

"YEP!!"
"NUP!!"
"DELICOUSSSS!!"
"you BETCHYA!!"
"Seteruperer"

the man is a friggin joke.
collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Bruce used to be known for his all-round sporting knowledge. But ever since he called Cathy Freeman's win in the 2000 Olympics something went haywire in his brain. He absolutely lost it that night and his perspective in calling any kind of sport since has gone down the toilet with his credibility.

I think what I hate most is not his obvious anti-Collingwood bias, but his hysterical over-reaction to anything that's happening. Yes he fawns all over his favourite players (or wished love objects), but his ability to call the most pedestrian football matches like they are an FA Cup final that is 4-all in overtime is unbelievable. Once you have called a passage of play the best team goal since sliced bread, where do you go for an encore? Bruce has done his own brand and footy a dis-service by acting like an over-excited school girl on a first date.

As for the other drongos what can I say? Leigh Matthews is the Alf Garnett of commentators now. From the very first bounce he is looking for something negative to say about us. He's a born whinger by the sounds of it. Tom Harley has absolutely no authority in his voice. He speaks too fast and his voice is too highly pitched to be taken seriously. Until that Swisse ad pointed out he had a kid I could have sworn he was Gay. And I mean no disrespect to Gays. But the fact Bruce wanted Harley in the box with him might be a very good reason he has the gig when other better qualified candidates are left in the cold.

Besides the HD picture on Fox miles better than Seven.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Foxtel are doing a good job of barracking for Melbourne at the moment too.
Beast 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:14 am

Joel wrote:
Foxtel are doing a good job of barracking for Melbourne at the moment too.

Might have had something to do with them being underdogs and requiring all the sympathy they can get.
But don't let this be a deterrent to your right to whine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: