Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddies Presidential offer to dying 4yo pies fan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so sad when young kids get cancer
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:57 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Back to the topic, with absolutely no disrespect to the Skaman and family, they had a bit about this kid on the 7 news tonight. Was well done and well covered, kudos all round.

Interesting that the kid has a twin brother who is healthy. That's going to be a mixed chalice (to mashup two metaphors) in the future.

As far as Collingwoods role today, just good on the club and good on Eddie. Yes it's a publicity thing but you just can't fake that degree of sincerity, that was all done because people genuinely cared not just to get a photo op. That's the kind of stuff that makes me proud to be a Collingwood supporter.

Plus 10

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:51 pm

Broke my heart! Really glad the club has got behind this little fella and is giving him a great experience.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:18 am

Thanks for the kind wishes everybody and sorry for stealing this little guys thunder. His journey , unfortunately, is comin to an all too soon end. Not nearly enough funding is given to Childhood cancer. Any awareness and funding is greatly appreciated.

Lesson to be learnt here is, enjoy everyday with all your beloved. Life is too short.

10270396_634976489921069_8435316749857862212_n.jpg

My little Champion, Jasper 6y.o. He has a tumor that is being monitored. hasn't got any bigger or smaller. travels to Brisbane every 3 mths for chemo etc.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:26 am

God that silly Quarterbrain is a moron. On the news he said, and I heard him say this, " Well done to the Pies for this great gesture, and little Peter ticks another one on his BUCKET LIST . I just thought it was a terribley insensitive and stupid thing to say, bucket lists are for people who have lived a long, full life, not for a poor little guy who has barely tasted life. Like im late middle age, and my one consists of the Pyramids, Nashville and Memphis, civil war battlefields, new York etc. But, you don't say a mere four year old has a bucket list, what a stupid and dumb thing to say, quarterbrain should be ashamed of himself. !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:23 am

My little guy has a bucket list too Piesnchess. I thought the same thing, at first, as well. Make a wish foundation makes a lot of these kids wishes come true. My little guy had a movie event up here to raise money for his wish/ bucket list. Seems this terminology is now commonly accepted.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 am

skaman wrote:
My little guy has a bucket list too Piesnchess. I thought the same thing, at first, as well. Make a wish foundation makes a lot of these kids wishes come true. My little guy had a movie event up here to raise money for his wish/ bucket list. Seems this terminology is now commonly accepted.

Your little fella is adorable, hopefully he doesn't have to fill his bucket til he a ripe old age, I wish you all the best.
Make a wish foundation is just awesome
Cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 am

C'mon guys, let's not have a shot at anything in this thread, keep it positive, Eddie, has done a great thing, Collingwood has, the publicity won't hurt, but it really believe that was secondary to Eddie.
Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:41 am

Piesnchess wrote:
God that silly Quarterbrain is a moron. On the news he said, and I heard him say this, " Well done to the Pies for this great gesture, and little Peter ticks another one on his BUCKET LIST . I just thought it was a terribley insensitive and stupid thing to say, bucket lists are for people who have lived a long, full life, not for a poor little guy who has barely tasted life. Like im late middle age, and my one consists of the Pyramids, Nashville and Memphis, civil war battlefields, new York etc. But, you don't say a mere four year old has a bucket list, what a stupid and dumb thing to say, quarterbrain should be ashamed of himself. !

Actually the mother when she was first on Neil Mitchell mentioned it (Bucket List).

The kid is not expected to live until his next birthday.

With that said, Quarters said nothing wrong.
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:07 am

Brenny wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Actually the mother when she was first on Neil Mitchell mentioned it (Bucket List).

sorry OT, to be fair to Piesnchess he was correct in one regard, Quarterbrain is a moron.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:19 am

^ I laughed out loud.

PNC was quite right about that. It was probably the most critical bit of information in his post.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 3:11 pm

Brenny wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I just thought the way he said it was a bit flippant, that's all, but if the mother said it, then ok, fair enough.
We can only wish little Peter and his family all the best, our best wishes and hope he has a fantastic time in the next few weeks.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Link to story , which featured on The Club this evening

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-05-28/the-club-s3-e11-peter

[img]www.collingwoodfc.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Collingwood/Images/140528_peterclubheader.jpg[/img]

Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:20 pm

Brave Peter Gourlay passes away

Posted by: 3AW Mornings | 11 June, 2014 - 12:18 PM

Four-year-old Peter Gourlay, who stole the hearts of many across Melbourne, has lost his battle with cancer.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitchell-blog/brave-peter-gourlay-passes-away/20140611-39wt7.html

Flashman 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Crying or Very sad Rest in peace little champ.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: