Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Indigenous round Jumper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy with this design?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 23 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Don't see the need
45%
 45%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 55

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
think positive wrote:
jackcass wrote:
schuey07 wrote:
When do they play the we are all Australian round, and celebrate the fact that we should all be treated the same and have no distinction made between us? We are all human, why do we continue with this divisive crap?

Yep.

Big ditto

Big ditto II

When you say 'ditto', does that mean that you agree that it is divisive? Because that's pretty ridiculous.

Re: the jumper, it's ok but I have to say some of the other clubs made a much bigger effort. This is a bit 1999...

magpie1111 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Are they going to put on face paint and curly wigs as well why stop at just wearing that stupid jumper
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Troppo wrote:

FFS, it's B&W, what more do we have to do ... replace our song with 'Ebony & Ivory'? .. ...

I think you're onto something there.

Hold that thought.

Then again it could be, you're on something!!

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:36 pm

I must admit that I am over this indigenous garbage. It really is a form of segregation. We are all Aussies. We are all the same as far as I am concerned. We should all be as entitled and special as each other.

Celebrate the things that make use one, not those things that at times divide us.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:41 pm

all fine from my end, its one saturday ! so long as we can get some teal socks one time during a bye round.

www.facebook/the hybernators
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:28 pm

The great irony is there wont be a single Aboriginal player in our team.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:29 pm

The jumper's good enough.

And as for Indigenous round? We clearly need it. Just looking at a number of posts on this board, reconciliation needs to be kept front of mind, otherwise the mainstream are just going to decide it's "dealt with" and we can now just pretend that everyone's on the same footing. They're not, and this is why an active effort is needed.

Fire Up Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:30 pm

have the afl told all the clubs to have a special design for the round? usally its just the bombers/tigers game that have the special edition jumpers
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:58 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

And as for Indigenous round? We clearly need it. Just looking at a number of posts on this board, reconciliation needs to be kept front of mind, otherwise the mainstream are just going to decide it's "dealt with" and we can now just pretend that everyone's on the same footing. They're not, and this is why an active effort is needed.

Oh please .... do we hold a grudge against the Japanese for what happened only 70 years ago, or the germans. I mean, what about the nasty Roman empire who ran rampant, do we want an apology from the Italians too?

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:06 pm

Reconciliation's not just about saying sorry, Skids.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:14 pm

Skids wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Oh please .... do we hold a grudge against the Japanese for what happened only 70 years ago, or the germans. I mean, what about the nasty Roman empire who ran rampant, do we want an apology from the Italians too?

This

Funny we get slammed and you say "this is why we need it because of racism," yet we are all saying we see us all the same, why point out differences? So who's the $$%^%%$ racist!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
I must admit that I am over this indigenous garbage. It really is a form of segregation. We are all Aussies. We are all the same as far as I am concerned. We should all be as entitled and special as each other.

Celebrate the things that make use one, not those things that at times divide us.

And this

Can't figure out the multi post, so. This one too!

Why can't footy just be about men kicking a ball around for a change?

Just football.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:38 pm

I'm looking forward to "Football Round" where the teams line up in set positions and play man on man for 4 quarters with mostly long kicking and more goals than behinds. All rule changes made since the 'AFL' branding are removed for the round and we all pretend it's the early 90s.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 am

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

This

Funny we get slammed and you say "this is why we need it because of racism," yet we are all saying we see us all the same, why point out differences? So who's the $$%^%%$ racist!

"It" did not happen over 200 years ago. Unlike the other instances mentioned, this is not a singular event, it's ongoing. And, if you haven't noticed there still is very much feeling over the Japanese invasion (ask China) and the Holocaust.

Why do we still need reconciliation when we say "we're all the same"? Because we are not. There is still significant Aboriginal disadvantage and there is still far too much acceptance of racism. This is why an active effort is needed. We can't just decide "it's done" and forget about it, we need to keep it front of mind for the whole community not just those affected.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:09 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

This

"It" did not happen over 200 years ago. Unlike the other instances mentioned, this is not a singular event, it's ongoing. And, if you haven't noticed there still is very much feeling over the Japanese invasion (ask China) and the Holocaust.

Why do we still need reconciliation when we say "we're all the same"? Because we are not. There is still significant Aboriginal disadvantage and there is still far too much acceptance of racism. This is why an active effort is needed. We can't just decide "it's done" and forget about it, we need to keep it front of mind for the whole community not just those affected.

Any wonder its ongoing when people won't let it go ^ and any wonder we still need reconciliation when we make claims we are not all the same ^. Could it be argued that that is passive racism right there? How far do you take it?

As long as a continual excuse is provided and justified on the basis of history our brothers and sisters of aboriginal and Torres straight islander heritage will remain at a disadvantage.

We're killing off progress with kindness, PC, and overcompensation.

We're fostering and selling an environment of guilt to non indigenous Australians and consequently creating resentment in a large percentage of them as a result. (Ie the notion of why should one be made to feel bad when they didn't do anything themselves) and in the aboriginal we are fostering an environment of acceptance toward thier predicament. ( ie it's ok to continuously accept and expect government assistance because many years ago thier forefathers and mothers were treated abhorrently and it is thus an ongoing right and entitlement.)

Many many many different cultures have been persecuted on this planet over time. One of the initial steps towards recovery for any of them is actually wanting to help yourself first. You will otherwise forever wallow in the past and fail to be helped by others.

I therefore don't think indigenous round helps the plight of the aboriginal whatsoever. We don't have an Irish round, we don't have an Italian round, and we don't have an English round. So why do they have indigenous round?........because it's a politically and guilt driven pity round that only serves to divide further and fuel resentment to the sentiment. It doesn't work IMO.

That said I'm perfectly happy with design of the jumper just not its basis.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: