Hot Pie debacle at Vic park during victory over Geelong

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:35 pm

rand corp wrote:
Peanuts, Peanuts, 20 cents a bag!!!!

I was reading the 'Hot Pies' zine from aug 99 and it had an article on this bloke.

Whatever happened to that magazine?

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:52 pm

i hate carlton wrote:
rand corp wrote:

I was reading the 'Hot Pies' zine from aug 99 and it had an article on this bloke.

A lot of it was done by Hotrod and he lost his passion a bit and even handed his footy forum over to Wisbey. Shame because his game reviews were the stuff of legends. I still have my Shite Mike shirt.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:01 pm

I miss the Donut van. The donut business was based in Langridge street, Collingwood (where I was born) and they used to sell donuts from their van at Vic Park, in Smith street and at the MCG. They are the best hot jam donuts in the world and are now only available at the Vic Markets.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:03 pm

I miss the Donut van. The donut business was based in Langridge street, Collingwood (where I was born) and they used to sell donuts from their van at Vic Park, in Smith street and at the MCG. They are the best hot jam donuts in the world and are now only available at the Vic Markets.

I beg to differ Rude. The donut van at Portarlington pier is the best by far!

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:03 pm

they used to be at the prahran market where, as a kid, i'd have them every saturday morning. i still love dropping by the van at the vic market. donuts and a coffee are a ripper way to start a sunday.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 2:53 pm

I will put this in perspective. Last year I went to my girlfriends village in Thailand which is near the Cambodian border. All I ate was pretty much fried rice and chicken for a week. And fruit. We decided to have a family day at the beach some 3 hours away. Going through Chantanaburi City I asked future Pa in Law to stop at a shopping centre so I could get some cash. Next to the ATM was a Dunkin Donuts.And a KFC. So I head back to the car with a barrel of KFC and 2 dozen mixed donuts. The blueberry jam donut I had tasted like heaven. MMMM donuts

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:02 am

ronrat wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:
rand corp wrote:

A lot of it was done by Hotrod and he lost his passion a bit and even handed his footy forum over to Wisbey. Shame because his game reviews were the stuff of legends. I still have my Shite Mike shirt.

Thats a shame. I googled and it links back to this url that Nicks is hosted on, but the page just sort looks abandoned. How many issues in total and any online? I have 5 or 6 but dont know how many there were.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 am

I went to North Heidelberg last Saturday to watch Dids play and bought a hotdog AND a cup of coffee for $5. 5 BUCKS!

Took me back......

#SIDEBYSIDE

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Not so sure if the fish'nchip shop is still there in Collingwood. I'll check it today. What has disappeared is the Supreme MagPIE Shop in Smith Street. I was saddened to see it had become yet another cafe when I was there last week.

Last week at Vic Park I bought one of those gourmet dogs with sauce and mustard, but was dismayed that no sour-dough was on offer. Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:52 pm

Not so sure if the fish'nchip shop is still there in Collingwood. I'll check it today. What has disappeared is the Supreme MagPIE Shop in Smith Street. I was saddened to see it had become yet another cafe when I was there last week.

Last week at Vic Park I bought one of those gourmet dogs with sauce and mustard, but was dismayed that no sour-dough was on offer. Very Happy Very Happy

the only fish'n'chip shop i know near the gorund is aurora on hoddle, near johnston.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:02 pm

the only fish'n'chip shop i know near the gorund is aurora on hoddle, near johnston.

The Aurora must have been there for about 40yrs I reckon. I remember going there now and again in the early 80s.
slydog81 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:09 pm

The Aurora must have been there for about 40yrs I reckon. I remember going there now and again in the early 80s.

It looks like it hasnt been cleaned in about 40 years too..good chips though.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Yep the Aurora is still there. Gotta wonder who patronises these places now. Around the corner it's groovy new joints like Colonel something or other that has queues down Johnson St most mornings. Abbotsford has changed!
blackmissionary Cancer

Lurker King

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:06 pm

ronrat wrote:
i hate carlton wrote:
rand corp wrote:

Wasn't there also an issue with the AFL banning the sale of 'non-approved' materials around match venues? Pretty sure it affected other club fanzines as well, thinking especially the Richmond one

There's a handful of Hot Pies available to look at in the State Library.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:09 pm

Yep the Aurora is still there. Gotta wonder who patronises these places now. Around the corner it's groovy new joints like Colonel something or other that has queues down Johnson St most mornings. Abbotsford has changed!

plenty still go there. don't forget the commission flats are almost across the road. lots of students nearby too.