Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Do you feel sorry for Heater?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do You Feel Sorry for Heater?
Yes
20%
 20%  [ 12 ]
No
79%
 79%  [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 58

Flashman 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Heath was a very good player but his errant disposal and brain snaps were bad and getting worse last year. Factor that plus his absolute ineptness every time we played Hawthorn (they were in his head for sure) and a reputed disruptive off field influence and you were left with an expendable player who was ripe for trade.

It was smart for us and probably good for him financially although his form at GWS hasn't been anything to write home about at present.

I don't think you can really blame Buckley for Heath being set in his established ways as set under Malthouse as Beast has done, it's just two guys that didn't gel as player and coach. It happens all the time at every club and will continue to do so and no one is really at fault because people are just different.

I think Langdon has fitted into a quasi version of Heaths role more than adequately anyway and to be honest we look a lot more stable down back this year than we did with Heath there last year.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:27 pm

no, not really.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:41 pm

You make your bed, you lie in it
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Yup.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Flashman wrote:
Heath was a very good player but his errant disposal and brain snaps were bad and getting worse last year. Factor that plus his absolute ineptness every time we played Hawthorn (they were in his head for sure) and a reputed disruptive off field influence and you were left with an expendable player who was ripe for trade.

It was smart for us and probably good for him financially although his form at GWS hasn't been anything to write home about at present.

I don't think you can really blame Buckley for Heath being set in his established ways as set under Malthouse as Beast has done, it's just two guys that didn't gel as player and coach. It happens all the time at every club and will continue to do so and no one is really at fault because people are just different.

I think Langdon has fitted into a quasi version of Heaths role more than adequately anyway and to be honest we look a lot more stable down back this year than we did with Heath there last year.

And thats exactly my take on it and therefore it takes two to tango Wink
Heater wasn't able to adhere and adapt to Bucks' philosophies and Bucks wasn't able to extract the best out of him, keep him in line and utilise him in the most beneficial manner for the side.
Prior to Bucks taking over Heater was bordering on being elite player of the comp, injuries and woeful form by the likes of Maxwell has forced him to play deep in backline and curtailed his creative flair which led to the deterioration of his on field discipline.
Heater was prepared to work through this and expressed his eternal love of the Club and desire to stay only a couple of weeks prior to being traded but Bucks has put him into too hard to deal with basket and decided that trading him for a GWS b-grader who he once coached was an easier option.
And for the last time I'm not blaming Bucks for Heater's departure, like I stated initially the man is responsible for his own fate but it's foolish to suggest things wouldn't have turned out differently had Bucks had better men-management skills.
I don't feel sorry for Heater, I'm just very sad about the way this has unfolded and will forever consider it as a black mark in our Club's history.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:00 pm

No.

Heater is getting senior games; Taylor Adams isn't. Next question please.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:07 pm

Tannin wrote:
No.

Heater is getting senior games; Taylor Adams isn't. Next question please.

Well Taylor Adams is dominating in the VFL so he is not far off.

He would easily get a game for GWS

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:32 pm

Yes I do feel a bit sorry for Heater. He bled black and white and didn't want to leave, but he had been given more than enough chances to pull his head in. I still have the photos of the smother of the millennium over the TV

He'll pick up a nice little nest egg up in Sydney then be welcomed back as a premiership player once he's retired.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Beast wrote:
Flashman wrote:

And thats exactly my take on it and therefore it takes two to tango Wink
Heater wasn't able to adhere and adapt to Bucks' philosophies and Bucks wasn't able to extract the best out of him, keep him in line and utilise him in the most beneficial manner for the side.
Prior to Bucks taking over Heater was bordering on being elite player of the comp, injuries and woeful form by the likes of Maxwell has forced him to play deep in backline and curtailed his creative flair which led to the deterioration of his on field discipline.
Heater was prepared to work through this and expressed his eternal love of the Club and desire to stay only a couple of weeks prior to being traded but Bucks has put him into too hard to deal with basket and decided that trading him for a GWS b-grader who he once coached was an easier option.
And for the last time I'm not blaming Bucks for Heater's departure, like I stated initially the man is responsible for his own fate but it's foolish to suggest things wouldn't have turned out differently had Bucks had better men-management skills.
I don't feel sorry for Heater, I'm just very sad about the way this has unfolded and will forever consider it as a black mark in our Club's history.

As normal, always condemning the club and it management or coaching staff.

Heater is an adult, not a 14 year old kid. Heater needs to take responsibility for his decisions. Heater needs to understand that there are repercussions for adverse behaviour. Heater needs to understand that he is a highly paid professional footballer. He needs to understand that his undisciplined behaviour on the field detracts from the over all effort of the team, distracts other players who are attempting to control him instead of playing the game and his efforts reduce our chances of winning.

As for feeling sorry for Heater and a Black Mark on the club, wake up and smell the roses.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Beast wrote:
Malthouse, no matter how much I hated him since 2008 got the best out of Heater and his best was very very very good. In fact he was our most complete defender and one of the best in the league.
Bucks couldn't earn Heater's respect and couldn't put him in line on the playing field. I never said it's Bucks' fault Heater had to go but only brainless one-eyed sycophants who defend the present at all cost and blindly rubbish the past can not see that Bucks was partly responsible.
Snipe on, amoebas.

Pathetic.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:01 pm

David wrote:
I did a bit when watching the highlights of the Richmond–GWS game. Getting flogged like that can't be much fun while the rest of your old teammates are setting up for a crack at the top 4. But he might be there for long enough to see the Giants climb up the ladder—there has to be some satisfaction in that.

(By the way, I don't get all these "he made his own bed" posts. Don't you feel at least a bit of affection for someone who represented our team for so long? I'm not going to get into an argument over who was to blame for his departure, but I was definitely sorry to see him go and do wish him all the best at his new club.)

No, not sorry for, disappointed in.

Yes, there is still some affection there, but it's over past deeds not present or even recent.

Heater, pre 2012 was one of my favourite players. That affection steadily declined from 2012 onwards. And I don't hate any of our players, but nearing the end of 2013 he was my least liked player at Collingwood by a large margin.

I don't think this has ever happened with any Collingwood player before, but when I'd heard that Shaw might be leaving, I was glad. That's very disappointing for a player who should have been a champion of this club.

And while Beast may be right in saying that player-coach relations go both ways, I feel the bulk of responsibility lies with Heater here, certainly the most visible anyway. I can judge him based on what I saw of him on the field, I can't judge Buckley on what he did behind closed doors.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Sad to see him go, and trust he'll be welcomed back as a great, in time ; but i can understand the reasons for his going. In business and in sport, you have to show results and team behaviour if you want to be elite. Heater had been a behavioural peoblem for a very long time, and for his sake and the team's, it was time to change. There are indications he has an ADHD/learning systems problem, and that's sad for the lad. I wish him well and will always consider him a great of the club.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:43 pm

the smother in the 10 flag is the pinnacle of his career in black and white
his brain fades in the last year or so costing us goals or revealing dissension in the team ranks had to be let go
the coaching staff move to send him on so it defused the situation and he could pay a prominent role in a developing side and return us a younger player with potential was well executed
great deeds done for the pies, big dollar earnings and the chance for future glory cannot leave me feeling sorry for Heater
all the best to him, just not against the pies

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 pm

David wrote:
I did a bit when watching the highlights of the Richmond–GWS game. Getting flogged like that can't be much fun while the rest of your old teammates are setting up for a crack at the top 4. But he might be there for long enough to see the Giants climb up the ladder—there has to be some satisfaction in that.

(By the way, I don't get all these "he made his own bed" posts. Don't you feel at least a bit of affection for someone who represented our team for so long? I'm not going to get into an argument over who was to blame for his departure, but I was definitely sorry to see him go and do wish him all the best at his new club.)

Jeezus $£$%^%%$ Christ, he carriecon like a two bob watch. Yes he made his bed. I have huge affection for heater, I'd never boo him, I'd hug him given the chance(and probably a whole lot more!) but it was the right decision, one hundred percent for Collingwood.

David, life just isn't equal for everyone, you gotta make an effort. Maybe he did, to control his tantrums but it wasn't enough, and our back line is better for it. He got very well paid. He will have a lovely bed.

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:54 pm

I do not feel sorry for him in the sense that the Giants are getting flogged, it's a team game and all that other cliche stuff. I am still half sad that he's gone, get why he was moved on but still kinda liked seeing Heater in black and white.

I do feel a little sorry that he's not been in good form and has had an injury or two, while Taylor Adams isn't getting senior football at the present I think Langdon's progress evens that out a bit.

Many reasons why Heater's gone, partially his own fault, partially others but in the end he's gone, we've seemingly replaced him not much else needs to be said in the end.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: