Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jeremy Cameron contemplates a return to Victoria

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derkd 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:57 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL please.....this is such a non-issue he is contracted till the END of next year. In that time ANYTHING could happen.

And even if it did come to a bidding war i doubt the pies have either the cap space or the will to get him....there are other clubs in the comp with far more to offer then we do. Hawthorn anyone? Remember that guy Buddy who left and opened up almost a million buck in cap space.

In my lifetime I have seen very very very few players who justifiably live up to a Million dollar a year tag. The only one playing at the moment who is worth that money is Gary Ablett.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:12 pm

A lot of things could happen between now and 2015 he could do both ACLs next week, hope not but lets wait and see.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:14 pm

TK wrote:
Who did he support as a kid ?

Mad Collingwood supporter as a kid by all accounts.

Question would you be prepared to give up our first round selection (Moore) as part of a package to secure Cameron?

To be honest our first round selection plus Cloke does have some appeal right now the way Trav is traveling.

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:28 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
themonk wrote:
The kid is desperate to play for us.

Witts & Goldsack, done

Cool

NO, not witts, what if he becomes another Sandilands, no way Rolling Eyes Exclamation

LOL... what happened to "whatever the cost"
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:32 pm

roar wrote:
jackcass wrote:
roar wrote:
I don't know, JW, methinks it would horrible playing for GWS, and I doubt it will ever get better. At least I hope it won't.

Please refer Gold Coast Suns... yes GWS have gone a different way with their recruiting and they weren't able to recruit a GAjr, but don't for a minute think they'll not develop into a powerhouse and play finals. Got some significant injury issues at the moment which they can little afford but they will be scarey good. Then it'll be like Port, supporters will start to come out of the woodwork. Is that enough to retain some of their kids... I don't know.

Port supporters actually know and like the game. Western Sydney folk couldn't give a rat's about footy, and that is unlikely to change no matter how well they do.

I really hope the GWS folds in the next 5 years.

That'd certainly help our recruiting but can't see it happening. Enough people in Sydney who know and understand footy, just need a product that they can commit to. The fact that 2 teams in Sydney will allow an AFL match there every weekend will help expand the exposure and subsequent traction the game gets. Well that's the theory anyway...
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:35 pm

swoop42 wrote:
TK wrote:

Question would you be prepared to give up our first round selection (Moore) as part of a package to secure Cameron?

To be honest our first round selection plus Cloke does have some appeal right now the way Trav is traveling.

Moore is 2014 draft. We'll still be able to get him irregardless of what we'd like to do in the 2015 daft.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:
TK wrote:

Obviously we need to be realistic about our market position, but I think posts like these—nothing personal, Swoop—show how terrible our double standards are in terms of player movements. Cloke was pilloried on here for a whole season for having the audacity to even consider moving to a club that might give him a better contract (and Thomas ten times as much for actually taking it), yet the minute someone slightly better comes along we treat him like a bargaining chip, contract or no contract. And we know that that's more or less the way clubs operate, too. Any wonder that players are so keen to look out for themselves nowadays? It seems that, as fans, we demand loyalty from our players but aren't willing to offer it ourselves.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:52 pm

He's staying anyway
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:53 pm

David wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
TK wrote:

Obviously we need to be realistic about our market position, but I think posts like these—nothing personal, Swoop—show how terrible our double standards are in terms of player movements. Cloke was pilloried on here for a whole season for having the audacity to even consider moving to a club that might give him a better contract (and Thomas ten times as much for actually taking it), yet the minute someone slightly better comes along we treat him like a bargaining chip, contract or no contract. And we know that that's more or less the way clubs operate, too. Any wonder that players are so keen to look out for themselves nowadays? It seems that, as fans, we demand loyalty from our players but aren't willing to offer it ourselves.

Spot on David. It works both ways.
Sugar Ray 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:16 pm

GET HIM!
Bob Sugar 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:28 pm

We won't go after him now FAs here, TBH I'd rather we went after Frawley, we'd get him for free!

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:40 pm

I'd rather Dangerfield!
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:08 pm

I'd be astounded if he made himself available and we didn't have a crack.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Unless we have what GWS wants without messing with the core of our team, no deal.

Is Cameron good? On last year's form, yes. But, with a trade we need to give up someone or a package of someones just as good. Under those circumstances I'd prefer we develop our own talent. Just look at the Judd deal for Carlton, I think they actually lost out and ruined the club culture for years over that deal.

And everyone's talking about 2015. If he really wants to go, there's no reason why he couldn't request a trade this year. The Giants might want to wait, but they'll get less for him when he's out of contract and he could walk to the draft for nothing. They might cut their losses and improve their depth by trading him in 2014. He's not actually an essential member of their team, they have enough tall forwards, and he may not even be their best.

We don't need a Messiah. We need a team.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:18 pm

This is a hypothetical post but assuming he did become available then yes I believe we would be interested.
The million dollar price tag isnt going to happen for him unless he stays at GWS. In Melbourne playing for a club who are finals material he would get around the $700k mark maybe a little more.
GWS have Paton and Boyd on there books so a trade mightn't be out of the question really if they can get some good players in return.
The decision will come down too does he want to come home and play finals or does he want to stay its GWS and load his pockets for retirement and maybe play finals in 4-5yrs time ?
Saying he did want to come back and he nominated collingwood as his preferred club then can we get a deal done ?
Gubby Allen is no mug and will want some quality to fill there list immediately and currently they are short outside mids and a rebounding/pressuring backman.
So what do we have to give them ?
Well if we want him then it would have to be Sidebottom and a Goldsack or Fasalo type to get it done.
Is that too high a price to pay though ?
Maybe maybe not. We have some good players coming through but we would have a huge part of our cap tied up in the forward line with him and Cloke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: