Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Our forward set up come Finals time

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoit, how easy was that to overlook someone, sorry Fas, you'd certainly come under consideration.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:40 pm
Post subject: Re: Our forward set up come Finals timeReply with quote

Beast wrote:
Assuming all the players are up and running by then I believe our most dangerous forward line set up would consist of Reid at FF, Cloke at CHF, Patty as our own version of Gunston, Goldsack to do the bullocking work and provide the pressure and Fas and Billy to provide harassment and excitement as crumbers.
White floats in and out when he isn't occupying the second ruck position.
To me this is an ideal mix that incorporates class, grunt, x-factor and strong marking and would make our attack as potent as Sydney's and Port's.

If he can be half as good as Gunston at kicking at goal i will cry with happiness Very Happy
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:52 pm

Beast wrote:
Some valid points raised so far.
The only way to address the lack of speed is to have BenKen there as none of Mooney, Freeman or Marsh are likely to be considered.
I'm clearly speculating by having Patty there but I have a feeling his form will demand a spot as long as his body holds up.
Swanny is an option of course but we would need one of JT or Adams to cement a spot as our midfiled will be light on sans Swanny.
And as been mentioned the Sack is a must to stay due to his versatility.
His presence puts fear into opposition defenses and allows us to flexible with Reid.

PK has done his hammy, and you know how conservatively those are treated at The Club at the moment; can't imagine he will have time to stake a claim this season...

(As a side note, I only just got around to reading Bucks biography; I reckon our conservative approach has something to do with his history with the misdiagnosed hammy tear?)

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
yin-YANG 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:11 pm

F Elliot Reid Blair
HF Goldy Cloke White

With Faz on the bench ready to rotate in when White is rucking or when others need a breather.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: