Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Whats the matter with me ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flashman 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Don't know why everyone is whinging

Had a great night, the atmosphere was great, I think the crowd can see as with last week the effort the guys are putting in.

The last few seasons have left me cold, firstly 2011, the off field bullshit and playing catch up in the last 1/4 like we just had to put the gas down to win, that worked out well. And the last 2 seasons of half hearted can't be £$%$ed attitude.

I'm seeing a new team, a team that is yes, learning a new game almost, a team that looks more professional, a team that looks like they want this. Last night felt like the crowd around us could feel it too. And I'm in the bay next to the cheer squad.

I've knocked shit out of them the past couple of years on here, and this year they are bigger, more obvious, they seem to have a new attitude, they seem more vocal. No, not perfect, but a lot better.

It would be great to be no. 1 year in year out, but it's not possible for anyone. Yes I know I know, other teams have had more success. And a hell of a lot more luck. Some pure luck, some human made luck. Take geeeelong for example. They played a £$%$ed port in a gf, anyone could have won that. Then the scumps robbed the saints blind to hand them a 2nd. At least we made them work bloody hard for 2011. Don't ever forget that. We were the best team all year, but for the last 25 minutes of the season and we did not lay down and die.

The mm stuff has left a long lasting bitter pill, yes definately handled wrong, as was the Cloke stuff. But the club has learnt from it.

Make no mistake, this is Buckleys team now, anyone not happy with it, they are gone. No more playing guys for emotional reasons. You want it you earn it. As with Buckley, pure attitude, and honest hard work.

Those knocking Cloke, he's still playing a role. I too hope he cracks it and slams someone into the turf. But last night, 3 big forwards, a couple of excellent crumbers, (Jamie is standing up to be counted big time) and the opposition was stuffed. Even if he doesn't kick those goals, he is still every week taking away at least 1 of the oppositions best defenders. Sometimes 2. Last night only 1 could be on him, because we had so many targets. When that configuration gets in sinc, what the hell with the opposing defenders do? And then you watch the boy wan his dosh. He's huge, he's strong, and he's bloody determined. Name one other forward who takes the crap he does, and doesn't do a Richardson sooky la la. He's worth every cent of the money he is on. The team is now building around him.

Swan looked preppy again, as does PENDLES, but gees they are both just magnificent. Their 75% is still 125 of anyone else's. Ball was right in there last night, love the tough stuff. Our new back line is all coming together nicely. Don't forget it's practically a whole new line up! In the A grade competition! And maybe last night didn't mean that much, but it sure as hell did against a team like Geelong.

So those who didn't enjoy last night, stay on the wagon for a few weeks. I promise you this ride is going to be worth it.

Go Pies!

Team bucks all the way.

You've more than lived up to your name TP.

I wish we were playing again today after reading that and you've provided the perfect anecdote to the whining clique on here who are such sourpusses that they can't even bring themselves to celebrate a good solid win anymore.

Thanks for that you're my kind of supporter. Smile
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 am

As a big "phuck you!" to the big wigs of the afl, maybe we should all buck the trend and turn up en masse to as many of our MCG games as possible AND make as much noise as possible.
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:54 am

think positive wrote:
Don't know why everyone is whinging

Had a great night, the atmosphere was great, I think the crowd can see as with last week the effort the guys are putting in.

The last few seasons have left me cold, firstly 2011, the off field bullshit and playing catch up in the last 1/4 like we just had to put the gas down to win, that worked out well. And the last 2 seasons of half hearted can't be £$%$ed attitude.

I'm seeing a new team, a team that is yes, learning a new game almost, a team that looks more professional, a team that looks like they want this. Last night felt like the crowd around us could feel it too. And I'm in the bay next to the cheer squad.

I've knocked shit out of them the past couple of years on here, and this year they are bigger, more obvious, they seem to have a new attitude, they seem more vocal. No, not perfect, but a lot better.

It would be great to be no. 1 year in year out, but it's not possible for anyone. Yes I know I know, other teams have had more success. And a hell of a lot more luck. Some pure luck, some human made luck. Take geeeelong for example. They played a £$%$ed port in a gf, anyone could have won that. Then the scumps robbed the saints blind to hand them a 2nd. At least we made them work bloody hard for 2011. Don't ever forget that. We were the best team all year, but for the last 25 minutes of the season and we did not lay down and die.

The mm stuff has left a long lasting bitter pill, yes definately handled wrong, as was the Cloke stuff. But the club has learnt from it.

Make no mistake, this is Buckleys team now, anyone not happy with it, they are gone. No more playing guys for emotional reasons. You want it you earn it. As with Buckley, pure attitude, and honest hard work.

Those knocking Cloke, he's still playing a role. I too hope he cracks it and slams someone into the turf. But last night, 3 big forwards, a couple of excellent crumbers, (Jamie is standing up to be counted big time) and the opposition was stuffed. Even if he doesn't kick those goals, he is still every week taking away at least 1 of the oppositions best defenders. Sometimes 2. Last night only 1 could be on him, because we had so many targets. When that configuration gets in sinc, what the hell with the opposing defenders do? And then you watch the boy wan his dosh. He's huge, he's strong, and he's bloody determined. Name one other forward who takes the crap he does, and doesn't do a Richardson sooky la la. He's worth every cent of the money he is on. The team is now building around him.

Swan looked preppy again, as does PENDLES, but gees they are both just magnificent. Their 75% is still 125 of anyone else's. Ball was right in there last night, love the tough stuff. Our new back line is all coming together nicely. Don't forget it's practically a whole new line up! In the A grade competition! And maybe last night didn't mean that much, but it sure as hell did against a team like Geelong.

So those who didn't enjoy last night, stay on the wagon for a few weeks. I promise you this ride is going to be worth it.

Go Pies!

Team bucks all the way.

Great post and I've been seeing the same things as you. The change in the way we play and that it is a totally new and refreshed team.

I too am extremely happy with Bucks as coach.

joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 am

Well I stayed home. And loved watching it on the telly..These days I head to the footy on my own and come back on my own, When I heard the car park was shut that was the decision for me not to go, Coming home in two trains full of drunks is an unsafe environment for me, Sometimes heading back to the car in the MCC car park can be pretty hairy...And the same decision will apply to other MCG games when the Car Park is closed to the public due to shit weather.
joffa corfe 

PREMIERS 2010

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:59 am

The cheersquad needs to be two to three bays wide just like Richmond do it, Drop the price to be a cheersquad member by 50% Get more males in there 16-24 One condition and one rule only ' CHEER '. As it is 200 people only fill one half of one bay, Having looked at the cheersquad last night on TV the white hoodies looked fantastic, The hand held banners excellent..But we are just not big enough and that's the plain truth. The above ideas was passed on but sadly for some unexplained reason it could not or would not be implemented!

No one cares more about the cheersquad than me I feel qualified to comment..It hurts somewhat reading all the negative stuff about our cheersquad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:20 pm

joffa corfe wrote:
The cheersquad needs to be two to three bays wide just like Richmond do it, Drop the price to be a cheersquad member by 50% Get more males in there 16-24 One condition and one rule only ' CHEER '. As it is 200 people only fill one half of one bay, Having looked at the cheersquad last night on TV the white hoodies looked fantastic, The hand held banners excellent..But we are just not big enough and that's the plain truth. The above ideas was passed on but sadly for some unexplained reason it could not or would not be implemented!

No one cares more about the cheersquad than me I feel qualified to comment..It hurts somewhat reading all the negative stuff about our cheersquad.

Go back to school Joff and get a few irrelevant degrees, start supporting another Club and then and only then might your ideas on how to improve things at Collingwood be heard!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:48 pm

cheers Flashman & Jacqui, appreciate it
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:55 pm

It was a good win against decent opposition. Far from a crap game.

I'm hearing a lot on here bemoaning some sort of crackdown on inappropriate or over the top spectator "barracking". Well, I'm all for it. I've never enjoyed the swearing and carrying on that too many thought was their God-given right. That level of aggression is just simply not needed and should not be tolerated, just as it would not be in an other public place. If they AFL are cracking down on it, I say good on 'em.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: